New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I'm planning to replace my Corolla GLi 1.6 for a new sedan and the main reason is to have a fuel efficient car.

Fuel efficient ba ang Altis 1.6 compare sa Corolla 4afe ko ngayon ?? May mga nka pagsabi kasi na halos prehas lng daw consumption ng altis at corolla GLi, kung may difference konting-konti lang ..

How much percentage will be the fuel efficiency of Vios 1.3 compare sa Corolla GLi 4afe 1.6 ko ngayon ??? Mabilis talaga ang 4afe ko especially sa highway pero medyo matakaw cya kung sa city driving na kaya gusto kong palitan kahit 2nd hand na vios or altis ...

Pls help po ..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    I'm planning to replace my Corolla GLi 1.6 for a new sedan and the main reason is to have a fuel efficient car.

Fuel efficient ba ang Altis 1.6 compare sa Corolla 4afe ko ngayon ?? May mga nka pagsabi kasi na halos prehas lng daw consumption ng altis at corolla GLi, kung may difference konting-konti lang ..

How much percentage will be the fuel efficiency of Vios 1.3 compare sa Corolla GLi 4afe 1.6 ko ngayon ??? Mabilis talaga ang 4afe ko especially sa highway pero medyo matakaw cya kung sa city driving na kaya gusto kong palitan kahit 2nd hand na vios or altis ...

Pls help po ..
    Don't you want to consider other brands aside from a Toyota? There are so many other brands out there that are better looking, more dynamic & more fuel efficient than a Toyota. The new Mazda 2 with SkyActive, for example, can go 25 kms/liter, or the Mirage G4, that goes 19kms/lit. Honda offers amazing new models that are also fuel efficient. Think outside the box.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Don't you want to consider other brands aside from a Toyota? There are so many other brands out there that are better looking, more dynamic & more fuel efficient than a Toyota. The new Mazda 2 with SkyActive, for example, can go 25 kms/liter, or the Mirage G4, that goes 19kms/lit. Honda offers amazing new models that are also fuel efficient. Think outside the box.
    Mas malaking pera ilalabas mo pag bumili ng bagong sasakyan vs continue using the old one. Pwera na lang kung gusto mo na talaga ng bago. Pero kung fuel efficiency lang talaga concern mo, yan luma na lang gamitin mo

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Pls help po ..
    you want fuel efficiency so much, you are willing to pay lots of money to achieve it..?
    my advice is the same as dct... stick to what you have, until "it spends more time in the repair shop than in the garage".

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Mas malaking pera ilalabas mo pag bumili ng bagong sasakyan vs continue using the old one. Pwera na lang kung gusto mo na talaga ng bago. Pero kung fuel efficiency lang talaga concern mo, yan luma na lang gamitin mo
    gusto ko rin mag upgrade ng kotse sir pero gusto ko rin yung mas fuel efficient na .. ang problema, i'm partial towards the corolla altis because my GLi is a corolla .. pero kung konte lang difference ng fuel efficiency nang altis at corolla GLi ko kasi pareho silang 1.6 .. then mag vios 1.3 na lng ako ...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pareho lang. We had an old 1.6 GLi Corolla (AE101). Got 8.5 km/L city driving (this was back in the mid 2000s when traffic wasn't as bad).

Now, I have an Altis 1.6G that gets 8 km/L in moderate-heavy metro traffic.

I also had a 2014 Vios 1.3E AT (3rd gen). 8 km/L lang din sa city driving. The 1.3 engine paired with the heavy body and automatic transmission means that FC isn't very good.

Ang matipid na Vios is yung gen 1 and gen 2 na manual. But I don't see the point of trading your Corolla GLi for that - mas ok pa lumang Corolla kaysa lumang Vios.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Accent diesel pinakatipid. Tipid na sa consumption, mura pa ang diesel

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pareho lang. We had an old 1.6 GLi Corolla (AE101). Got 8.5 km/L city driving (this was back in the mid 2000s when traffic wasn't as bad).

Now, I have an Altis 1.6G that gets 8 km/L in moderate-heavy metro traffic.

I also had a 2014 Vios 1.3E AT (3rd gen). 8 km/L lang din sa city driving. The 1.3 engine paired with the heavy body and automatic transmission means that FC isn't very good.

Ang matipid na Vios is yung gen 1 and gen 2 na manual. But I don't see the point of trading your Corolla GLi for that - mas ok pa lumang Corolla kaysa lumang Vios.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    so kung pareho lng sa GLi ko then erase na ang altis .. ang gusto ay yung gen 1 at yung batman na vios, ayaw ko nang bagong design ng vios na malaki ang kaha, hindi daw as fuel efficient sabi ng mga medreps na kabarkada ko ..

"But I don't see the point of trading your Corolla GLi for that - mas ok pa lumang Corolla kaysa lumang Vios." - Bakit po mas ok ang lumang corolla kaysa lumang vios ?? yung 1st gen na vios ng boss ko na nabili nya ng 2nd hand sa manager ng philamlife, ok na ok nman kahit 10yrs na at saka napaka tipid pa sa gas ...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    so kung pareho lng sa GLi ko then erase na ang altis .. ang gusto ay yung gen 1 at yung batman na vios, ayaw ko nang bagong design ng vios na malaki ang kaha, hindi daw as fuel efficient sabi ng mga medreps na kabarkada ko ..

"But I don't see the point of trading your Corolla GLi for that - mas ok pa lumang Corolla kaysa lumang Vios." - Bakit po mas ok ang lumang corolla kaysa lumang vios ?? yung 1st gen na vios ng boss ko na nabili nya ng 2nd hand sa manager ng philamlife, ok na ok nman kahit 10yrs na at saka napaka tipid pa sa gas ...
    The AE101 Corolla is more spacious than the gen 1 Vios. Also much more powerful. AE101 rides better too than the gen 1 Vios. Gen 2 improved in terms of space and refinement, but also much more expensive.

You can sell your Corolla for about 130k. A used gen 1 Vios 1.3 will be about 250k. Let's assume that the Corolla does 8 km/L and the Vios does 10 km/L, price of gas is 35/L, and you travel 15,000 km a year.

Annual fuel cost of the Corolla: 15,000 / 8 * 35 = P65,625

Annual fuel cost of the Vios: 15,000 / 10 * 35 = P52,500

That's a difference of roughly 13k per year. It will take you OVER 9 YEARS to even make up for the cost of trading your Corolla for a Vios. Only after that will you be realizing savings of about 1k a month in fuel.

Other forumers have already posted previously - the cost of switching to a more efficient car far outweighs the fuel savings you get.

We can't stop you if you wanna push through with the switch, but you've been sufficiently warned. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The AE101 Corolla is more spacious than the gen 1 Vios. Also much more powerful. AE101 rides better too than the gen 1 Vios. Gen 2 improved in terms of space and refinement, but also much more expensive.

You can sell your Corolla for about 130k. A used gen 1 Vios 1.3 will be about 250k. Let's assume that the Corolla does 8 km/L and the Vios does 10 km/L, price of gas is 35/L, and you travel 15,000 km a year.

Annual fuel cost of the Corolla: 15,000 / 8 * 35 = P65,625

Annual fuel cost of the Vios: 15,000 / 10 * 35 = P52,500

That's a difference of roughly 13k per year. It will take you OVER 9 YEARS to even make up for the cost of trading your Corolla for a Vios. Only after that will you be realizing savings of about 1k a month in fuel.

Other forumers have already posted previously - the cost of switching to a more efficient car far outweighs the fuel savings you get.

We can't stop you if you wanna push through with the switch, but you've been sufficiently warned. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the inputs sir .. I really appreciate it ..

I really want to upgrade to a vios because it a newer model, I also thought a Vios can give me atleast 12kl/per li .. My daily route is office to house & vice versa with light to moderate traffic .. But I also do errands from my wife's business on weekends in moderate to heavy traffic ..

Based on your computations, will it be a good move to just replaced all the underchassis components of my AE101 that needed replacements rather than replace it with a vios ???

I just wanted a Vios to have a newer car than my GLi but I'm not planning to hold on to it forever .. Maybe 3 to 4 years only ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast