New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you read the fine print on the actual study itself, the sample size comprised only of Filipinos with internet access. Currently that's around 40% of the population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very informative data. Considering that 16% of Filipinos own more than 1 car and that 47% don't have cars speaks its traffic volume in our major thoroughfares....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Mga sir pa off topic naman po.. planning to buy 2nd hand car. Im eyeing on 3 cars below.

1. Toyota vios 2008-2010 m/t
    2. Honda city 07-08 1.5 vtec m/t
    3. Honda city 08 1.3 idsi m/t

Budget wise, ano po mas ok sa tatlo in terms of f/c, maintenance and durability.

All cars that im looking are in below 100k mileage..

Thanks Tsikoter...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Anu po ba pinagkaiba nila? Parang preho lng po kasi 1.6 altis na may malaking kaha sa 1.3 vios na mejo maliit na kaha..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    looking to buy 1.6 G AT or Vios 1.5G AT.. alin po kaya mas maganda? malaki po ba difference sa FC?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Megs View Post
    looking to buy 1.6 G AT or Vios 1.5G AT.. alin po kaya mas maganda? malaki po ba difference sa FC?
    mas maganda sakin ang altis.
    mas mahal rin.
    wala pa kong nababasang fuel efficiency views ng new vios with cvt.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    May temp gauge ata ang altis unlike vios so thats a plus.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    That's a very informative data. Considering that 16% of Filipinos own more than 1 car and that 47% don't have cars speaks its traffic volume in our major thoroughfares....

47% with cars, 53% with cars. If our population is at 100M, that means that there are 53 million cars in the Philippines? Parang feeling ko mali itong data na ito.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    47% with cars, 53% with cars. If our population is at 100M, that means that there are 53 million cars in the Philippines? Parang feeling ko mali itong data na ito.
    errr... the report mentioned households, po, not individuals. i assume that to mean families.

jut pointed out that the study was internet-based. that, to me, tended to skew the results a bit, in favor of more financially-advanced households. but, it does show to me, that there are a lot more cars in the philippines than i initially thought.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    We have a population of 100M. The average household size is about 5 persons, so we have 20M households. The survey considers households because a car is usually shared by members of the family.

Out of the 20M households, only those with internet were considered. PH internet penetration rate is approx 40%, so you have 8M households which you can logically assume are part of the ABC SECs rather than DE.

Of the 8M households, only half have cars, or 4M households, or approx 4-5M cars (taking into consideration the 16% with more than 1 car).

This adds up with the LTO data of approx 5M private cars registered (extrapolated from 2013 data and taking into consideration the 25-30% growth in car sales per year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Stick with your old car

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567