New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Actual unit of the Altima:
    http://losbanos.olx.com.ph/93mdl-nis...-iid-118379502

I don't have the picture of my Astina but it's shiny green on 17s Rota and 40-series Advans. The rest is stock except the head unit and speakers.

The Altima guy called me for a swap. He said the car is M/T on SR20DE local version. Not sure if this is the SSS trim.

I'm quite fickle-minded on holding on with the Mazda since I got it in a "major but non-car daming accident". Since then, it gives me the creeps.

Anyway, forget about fuel economy.

Mazda 1600 carb and Nissan 2000 EFI: I don't think it'll make a difference.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if you don't mind me saying, sir... panget nung altima. a more proper word would be "baduy"... but really, it's up to you.

gold paint (or, beige?)? everything about the altima screams "cheap". and if it looks cheap, you can be about 95% sure that the previous owner scrimped on maintenance. boom boom soundz nga pero boom boom tirik din.

my 2 cents lang... don't flame me, hehehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    SR20DE is a very good and tuneable engine. Add to it that its an M/T then you've got a real capable car in your hands. For me at least the front looks fine, its only the big butt in the rear that looks kinda "baduy". But then you're sitting inside and that the one that counts. I have ridden in one once a few years ago, '93 Altima SSSG M/T, its fine, quite spacious for a compact sedan and comfy too. The interior looks fine by me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Altima isn't actually a compact. It's a sort of tweener... between compact and mid-sized.

Fuel economy should be around 5-7 km/l in the city. The SR20 is a desirable engine... but whether the swap will be worth it will depend on the condition of the Altima. And, remember: even if a midsized car's resale value drops to that of a compact car, it still costs midsize car money to maintain.

If you're okay with the added maintenance costs and the condition is right, it's a nice car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    if you don't mind me saying, sir... panget nung altima. a more proper word would be "baduy"... but really, it's up to you.

gold paint (or, beige?)? everything about the altima screams "cheap". and if it looks cheap, you can be about 95% sure that the previous owner scrimped on maintenance. boom boom soundz nga pero boom boom tirik din.

my 2 cents lang... don't flame me, hehehe
    Hehe oks lang paps. Actually, I for one ...

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    SR20DE is a very good and tuneable engine. Add to it that its an M/T then you've got a real capable car in your hands. For me at least the front looks fine, its only the big butt in the rear that looks kinda "baduy". But then you're sitting inside and that the one that counts. I have ridden in one once a few years ago, '93 Altima SSSG M/T, its fine, quite spacious for a compact sedan and comfy too. The interior looks fine by me.
    ... am having problems dealing with the bulky rear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Altima isn't actually a compact. It's a sort of tweener... between compact and mid-sized.

Fuel economy should be around 5-7 km/l in the city. The SR20 is a desirable engine... but whether the swap will be worth it will depend on the condition of the Altima. And, remember: even if a midsized car's resale value drops to that of a compact car, it still costs midsize car money to maintain.

If you're okay with the added maintenance costs and the condition is right, it's a nice car.
    I think 5 to 7 km/l is a figure I can take, considering it's an SR20DE.

I'll call back the Altima owner for more details.

If he's good if I keep my 17s mags and wheels and sound set-up, it could possibly be a good deal.

Thanks for the tips.

Altima vs Astina