New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    hi folks! would like to know which among the two is a better buy, the Toyota Wigo G AT or Suzuki Celerio AT. i have a wife and a 4 year old son. we currently have a 2014 Innova AT and a 2010 Montero Sport MT that is costing us a lot in maintenance as the unit got flooded. the reliabilty and servicing costs are issues. the innova is a good daily driver and is comfortable, save for the size using it in constant traffic and the lack of parking space in the places we frequent.

we are looking at the Wigo G AT and Celerio AT as my wife would like to use it too and it would be our second car to replace the Montero Sport which we will retire already. we would like to ask for your suggestions and opinion between the two choices.

Wigo G AT is P599K SRP, vs the Celerio AT at P569K. the Wigo is newer and has been recently facelifted and given a new VVT-i engine, but a test drive revealed an AT that is not as smooth as the other ATs i have experienced. the Celerio AT is longer in the tooth as it has been 2 or 3 years already in its model cycle but has a CVT tranny which i heard is great. it also has a standard backup sensor which the Wigo does not have.

we would like to hera your thoughts between the two, FC, ride, handling, maintenance costsand cost of ownership, and overall ownership experience. we also considered the Mirage GLX CVT due to the bigger engine and roughly in the same ballpark even if pricey vs the Wigo and Celerio but saw that it seems bare compared to the two. the GLS CVT is nice, but is around P120K more than the two options so is not in our short list.

we are thinking of getting one by July, so we have time to think and test drive the celerio. my wife and son likes the orange Wigo and they liked it when we test drove it. my wife says the celerio looks meeh in comparisson but superior FC and the smoother transmission can sway us over. the wife and son is pushing me to get the Wigo, but the practical man in me would like do my due dilligence first so i would welcome your inputs. 😀

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    glad the cvt on the celerio hasnt crapped yet. its been many years.

its the same jatco cvt used on the mirage/g4

i think the lower torque on the 1.0 celerio will prolong the life of the cvt...

if fc is a "huge" concern..get the celerio

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    oh so the INVECS III CVT is the same as the Celerio's CVT? i thought they were inhouse units but is sourced from a third party?

actually FC is nit that huge concern, yet. currently we just do 20-40KMS per day, 150 to 300 KMS a week. but we might double or triple the milleage racked as i might go schooling and the school is kinda far from the house which is also the workplace of my wife and i.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    its from jatco. nissan mitsu and suzuki are working together transmissions there...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    glad the cvt on the celerio hasnt crapped yet. its been many years.

its the same jatco cvt used on the mirage/g4

i think the lower torque on the 1.0 celerio will prolong the life of the cvt...

if fc is a "huge" concern..get the celerio

So are there still issues with the current models using the JATCO CVT? (less reliable/shorter lifespan?)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    the CVT and built in backup sensor not to mention the P30K cheaper list price is making me consider the celerio and also the superior FC. but if the jatco CVT isproblematic i'd ratter get the Wigo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xnxnxn View Post
    So are there still issues with the current models using the JATCO CVT? (less reliable/shorter lifespan?)
    havent heard of issues for the cvts matched with 1.5L and 1.2L engines...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Like you, we also experienced the 'this vs that' elimination type.... picanto and wigo was the first out of the list since we preferred timing chain, next the mirage gls HB and the suzuki swift due to price, last to choose are the mirage glx hb and celerio cvt. While i was insisting on the swift, the wife and kids fell in love with the celerio - the biggest trunk space lowest FC and very spacious/comfortable rear seating. Now in its 10K PM the celerio is very efficient in city, mixed or long trip driving. Get the celerio! (or swift hehehe)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    thanks for your inputs. my wife does nit like the looks of the celerio but the space FC and CVT are drawing me towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by limarj View Post
    Like you, we also experienced the 'this vs that' elimination type.... picanto and wigo was the first out of the list since we preferred timing chain, next the mirage gls HB and the suzuki swift due to price, last to choose are the mirage glx hb and celerio cvt. While i was insisting on the swift, the wife and kids fell in love with the celerio - the biggest trunk space lowest FC and very spacious/comfortable rear seating. Now in its 10K PM the celerio is very efficient in city, mixed or long trip driving. Get the celerio! (or swift hehehe)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by subcompact View Post
    thanks for your inputs. my wife does nit like the looks of the celerio but the space FC and CVT are drawing me towards it.
    traditional AT or CVT.
    i've had/have both.
    everyday driving-wise, they don't pull my heartstrings in the decision-choosing process, one way or the other.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 25th, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast