New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I go for Celerio..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'm surprised at the FC numbers for the Celerio and Wigo. I expected lower FCs. I used to drive a 2006 1.3 Vios MT that gave me 11-12 km/li city driving (Makati/BGC/Manila daily drive) and 16-22 km/li during out-of-town trips. I always thought M/T vs A/T FCs for city driving should be pretty much even.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhael View Post
    I'm surprised at the FC numbers for the Celerio and Wigo. I expected lower FCs. I used to drive a 2006 1.3 Vios MT that gave me 11-12 km/li city driving (Makati/BGC/Manila daily drive) and 16-22 km/li during out-of-town trips. I always thought M/T vs A/T FCs for city driving should be pretty much even.
    by virtue of the design, ATs "slip", resulting in higher fuel expenses than the equivalent MT.
    but there are always exceptions, like the proverbial driver whose shifting skills need much improvement.

whenever i compare fuel figures between yesteryear and today, i try to remember just how bad traffic was, back then. even as recent as 5 years ago, traffic then was better than today's.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

whenever i compare fuel figures between yesteryear and today, i try to remember just how bad traffic was, back then. even as recent as 5 years ago, traffic then was better than today's.
    When I sold it in 2012, it was still getting the same FC figures. My current daily drive has the same FC since 2012 using the same route. I do admit that I tend to be conscious of my FC in evaluating my driving habits.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Go for the Celerio. Its bigger, more fuel efficient and seems livelier. I wanted to buy a celerio for my son but he preferred the swift, so I have to agree. His swift is now almost 3 years old with no problems. It is running at 11kpl in city driving. I know that a Celerio is even more frugal. Our family has owned 6 suzukis. We still own 4. My latest suzuki purchase was done less than 2 months ago. A suzuki APV para pang hatid sundo ng isa ko pang anak. IMHO a suzuki is real value for money.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Go for the Celerio. Its bigger, more fuel efficient and seems livelier. I wanted to buy a celerio for my son but he preferred the swift, so I have to agree. His swift is now almost 3 years old with no problems. It is running at 11kpl in city driving. I know that a Celerio is even more frugal. Our family has owned 6 suzukis. We still own 4. My latest suzuki purchase was done less than 2 months ago. A suzuki APV para pang hatid sundo ng isa ko pang anak. IMHO a suzuki is real value for money.
    hopefully more parts will be available in local auto supply like Toyota

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    The APV isn't all that great on gas, though. Prefer the Ertiga.

Yun lang, super-cheap ang APV.

The Celerio is a real mileage champ. Did 30 km/l once on the NLEX on a rainy night, driving at 70-80 km/h. Not fun dicing with trucks, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Maintenance wise, I'll go for Wigo

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydavid14 View Post
    Maintenance wise, I'll go for Wigo
    maintenance wise? both have available parts naman.. so whats wise?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    it wasn't specified in niky's TG review regarding the backseat for the new Wigo, so how does it compare with the Celerio?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast