New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    sir what typical FC milleage do you get from your wigo? it is AT right? light, moderate, heavy traffuc, highway and combined?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    traditional AT or CVT.
    i've had/have both.
    everyday driving-wise, they don't pull my heartstrings in the decision-choosing process, one way or the other.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by subcompact View Post
    sir what typical FC milleage do you get from your wigo? it is AT right? light, moderate, heavy traffuc, highway and combined?
    before break in, my wigo AT gave 7-8 km per li. AC always on.
    now, at 23K on the odometer, it's 9-10 km/li in the traffick-y city.
    i don't bring it out in the slex often enough, to give a good km/li figure. kasi naman, maganda nga sa highway. pag-balik naman sa metro, isang oras ako from nichols to edsa.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    before break in, my wigo AT gave 7-8 km per li. AC always on.
    now, at 23K on the odometer, it's 9-10 km/li in the traffick-y city.
    i don't bring it out in the slex often enough, to give a good km/li figure. kasi naman, maganda nga sa highway. pag-balik naman sa metro, isang oras ako from nichols to edsa.
    so the FC varies frm 7-8, 8-9, 9-10. just saw a friend with a 1st geb Wigo G AT by chance and took a look at the FC based on the trip computer and it says 7.6 km/li driven mostly in city traffic.

i was expecting FC in the 10s lower or mid arounfd 15 kns per liter even on city driving with these small displacement 1 liter 3 cylinder engines.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    so the FC varies frm 7-8, 8-9, 9-10. just saw a friend with a 1st geb Wigo G AT by chance and took a look at the FC based on the trip computer and it says 7.6 km/li driven mostly in city traffic.

i was expecting FC in the 10s lower or mid arounfd 15 kns per liter even on city driving with these small displacement 1 liter 3 cylinder engines.
    You can get low FC only on Celerio, Jazz, elantra, civic, mirage......

check this -> https://www.doe.gov.ph/sites/default...y_run_2016.pdf

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

like what someone here said,
    in standstill traffic, all vehicles get 0 km/li.

but i shouldn't complain too much.
    my officemate and his city get 6 km/li in the same traffic as mine.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 27th, 2017 at 10:15 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    hi folks! would like to know which among the two is a better buy, the Toyota Wigo G AT or Suzuki Celerio AT. i have a wife and a 4 year old son. we currently have a 2014 Innova AT and a 2010 Montero Sport MT that is costing us a lot in maintenance as the unit got flooded. the reliabilty and servicing costs are issues. the innova is a good daily driver and is comfortable, save for the size using it in constant traffic and the lack of parking space in the places we frequent.

we are looking at the Wigo G AT and Celerio AT as my wife would like to use it too and it would be our second car to replace the Montero Sport which we will retire already. we would like to ask for your suggestions and opinion between the two choices.

Wigo G AT is P599K SRP, vs the Celerio AT at P569K. the Wigo is newer and has been recently facelifted and given a new VVT-i engine, but a test drive revealed an AT that is not as smooth as the other ATs i have experienced. the Celerio AT is longer in the tooth as it has been 2 or 3 years already in its model cycle but has a CVT tranny which i heard is great. it also has a standard backup sensor which the Wigo does not have.

we would like to hera your thoughts between the two, FC, ride, handling, maintenance costsand cost of ownership, and overall ownership experience. we also considered the Mirage GLX CVT due to the bigger engine and roughly in the same ballpark even if pricey vs the Wigo and Celerio but saw that it seems bare compared to the two. the GLS CVT is nice, but is around P120K more than the two options so is not in our short list.

we are thinking of getting one by July, so we have time to think and test drive the celerio. my wife and son likes the orange Wigo and they liked it when we test drove it. my wife says the celerio looks meeh in comparisson but superior FC and the smoother transmission can sway us over. the wife and son is pushing me to get the Wigo, but the practical man in me would like do my due dilligence first so i would welcome your inputs. 😀

New member here...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    thanks for the link. interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by limarj View Post

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    haha i know. i used to have a ford V8 engined vehichle that gave me just 2KM per liter in traffic. it costs too much to gas it up and hard to maneuver in traffic.
    like what someone here said,
    in standstill traffic, all vehicles get 0 km/li.

but i shouldn't complain too much.
    my officemate and his city get 6 km/li in the same traffic as mine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by limarj View Post

what vehicle do you drive?

can you even get close to the numbers they are saying in the pdf file?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    what vehicle do you drive?

can you even get close to the numbers they are saying in the pdf file?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i drive the celerio 2017, 10k PMS this eom... yes and no, i can maintain 30kpl only on the highway, it drops to 9~11kpl in city driving especially in traffic.... average is at 14-16 kpl (mixed 80% city - 20% highway). not bad as against my sportage with ave 11-12kpl.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast