New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Which do you think is better? Mazda2 or Yaris? Pareho silang 1.5 and both are hatchbacks pero ang main concern ko talaga e yung magagastos ko pag gamit ko na yung sasakyan.

Kung sa maintenance, spare parts and fuel efficiency, which is better? Gusto ko sana yung mazda kasi panalo exterior kaso mahal ba talaga parts & maintenance ng mazda? At matipid kaya 'to sa gas?

Any inputs guys?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    mas mura ang yaris pero maganda naman ang handling ng mazda 2 (natest ko sya last saturday sa mazda makati) natest drive ko na din ang 09 yaris i end up buying vios 1.5G AT..

sa tipid dipa ako sure..pero mukhang kapos sa feature si mazda 2 walang trip computer..walang power folding side mirrors at higit sa lahat donut ang spare tire nya...

mas maangas nga lang itsura ni mazda 2..regarding sa FC not sure..tingin ko lang ha? yaris is more fuel efficient since mazda 2 is a zoom zoom car

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    According sa review sa magazine ng TopGear, lamang sa space ang Mazda2 kaysa sa Yaris. And the Mazda2 also has good feedbacks in its fuel consumption.

Hintay na lang tayo sa mga gurus about this

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    mas mura ang yaris pero maganda naman ang handling ng mazda 2 (natest ko sya last saturday sa mazda makati) natest drive ko na din ang 09 yaris i end up buying vios 1.5G AT..

sa tipid dipa ako sure..pero mukhang kapos sa feature si mazda 2 walang trip computer..walang power folding side mirrors at higit sa lahat donut ang spare tire nya...

mas maangas nga lang itsura ni mazda 2..regarding sa FC not sure..tingin ko lang ha? yaris is more fuel efficient since mazda 2 is a zoom zoom car
    pag sinabi bang zoom zoom car, sports car? as in maingay siya pag pina-arangkada mo yung sasakyan? kasi i opt for a simpler car e. yung convenient i-drive at matipid kasi 5 years ko siya babayaran.

to all car enthusiasts out there, what's your advice?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Yung zoom-zoom ng mazda is parang slogan or whatever lang nila..

Like Toyota = Moving forward.
    Mitsubishi = Drive * Earth.
    Honda = The Power of Dreams.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blythe07 View Post
    pag sinabi bang zoom zoom car, sports car? as in maingay siya pag pina-arangkada mo yung sasakyan? kasi i opt for a simpler car e. yung convenient i-drive at matipid kasi 5 years ko siya babayaran.

to all car enthusiasts out there, what's your advice?
    the FC for the mazda2 might be "worse" because you might be tempted to push it harder as it is marketed as being a sporty car.

the yaris isn't actually a slouch either, being only 2nd to the honda jazz in C!'s track testing.

I agree with sir Chikselog. let's wait for the real gurus on their take on this

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Base on what I saw the Yaris has a more roomy 2nd row (ala Jazz na) than the 2. The 2 has a slightly bigger cargo area than the Yaris. If you prefer to carry a bit more cargo then the 2 is better if you carry rear passengers the Yaris is better.

The 2 has some rather nasty looking interior plastics, but so does the Yaris! I like the 2's steering wheel looks more upscale than the Yaris! The 2's is not as good in noise insulation though compared to the Yaris. It has also a weaker engine than the Yaris but on the plus side it is lighter than the Yaris does its more fun to drive!
    Last edited by tidus1203; February 13th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We haven't been able to test the Mazda2 fuel consumption properly, since the test unit still has very few kilometers on the clock, but the consumption we saw was similar to the Jazz 1.3 and Jazz 1.5 we were driving at the same time.

It's possible the Yaris may be slightly more economical... it is a Toyota... and they do make great engines... but the 20 km/l we got with the Yaris was on the NLEX... and I wasn't driving... in pure highway driving down south, it got around 15... (two hour drive)... something which the Mazda2 should be capable of, since its city numbers are similar.

Funny thing about space. On paper, the Yaris' trunk is bigger, but in practice, the Mazda2's trunk feels more spacious. Deeper, longer... the Yaris' trunk is wider, but that's about it.

The Yaris has more elbow room than the Mazda2. The Mazda2's cabin is a bit narrower than the Toyota's. But the Mazda2 has better build quality and a more solid feel. In fact, the suspension on the Mazda2 feels more planted than even the Mazda3, which can feel a bit loose at high speeds. The Mazda2's plastic finish is better than the cheap beige stuff on the Yaris, (still hard plastic, but the fit and finish are much better) and the seats are infinitely better (more supportive, more comfortable) than the Yaris's squishy perches.

The road noise? Higher only because of the sporty Dunlops on the Mazda2. The Yaris has quieter (less grip) tires.

Speed: The Yaris has better throttle-tip in... actually... jumpier... but the Mazda2 has a very linear throttle... easier to modulate... and its speed on the highway is pretty darn good. Only starts to run out of puff past speeds of 160 km/h...

Negatives: lack of toys (trip computer, weak sound system). The trip computer is a sore lack... especially compared to the Jazz, which has an instant economy readout, which helps keep economy up while cruising... but the rest? Donut spare: not a problem... those can drive a hundred kilometers at reduced speed... Sound system: none of these cars has an excellent sound system, anyway... you'll still be changing it out after a year.

Biggest negative: price: The Yaris is usually deeply discounted... because people take one look at it and go for the Jazz... :hysterical: ...which actually makes it a good buy. But if you're looking for fantastic style and driving excitement, the Mazda2 is the best there is at the moment.

And it looks fantastic:

Full reviews of both cars:
    Yaris review from looooong ago...

Mazda2 compared to Honda Jazz 1.5

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    i saw the mazda2 car on display at the mall! yung color green! ang ganda, grabe! nagpa-quote nga kami kaso medyo mahal siya coz the insurance, LTO, chattel are not free. i'm still thinking kung yun nga ang bibilhin ko because i'm not sure yet kung fuel efficient ba talaga siya..

mahal ba ang parts ng mazda? mas mahal pa ba 'to sa honda? how about the PMS?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All PMS is similar in pricing between dealerships. I don't know why people constantly cite Honda for this, because it's cheap to maintain them due to the 10,000 km intervals The extra you spend on synthetic oil is paid off by what you save in gas and time by going to the dealership 50% fewer times.

Parts for some Mazda models are expensive, some are cheap, depends on the model and where it's made... (CBU Japan or made in Thailand or made in the Philippines) same as with any brand.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
All New Mazda 1.5L vs Toyota Yaris 1.5