New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I have Vios 1.3 08, very good car in its class. Ride, fc and economical. But I got it kc wala pa yung all new honda jazz that time when i ask honda they said face out na yung honda jazz but they dint tell me that lalabas na yung all new honda jazz.

You get the honda jazz and without any hesitation..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Go for new honda jazz!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    toyota vios for me mas matipid s maintenance. mura parts and labor
    s honda sobra mahal natry ko na sa honda sir ko

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    toyota vios for me mas matipid s maintenance. mura parts and labor
    s honda sobra mahal natry ko na sa honda sir ko
    Considering the SiR is a compact-class sportscar that was only sold here in limited numbers, and which had a very expensive engine inside of it (Honda had to pull off amazing feats of cost-cutting to keep the price low... if they hadn't, the SiR would have cost over 100,000 pesos more than it did) and the Vios is a subcompact economy car, the comparison just doesn't make sense.

Maintaining [b]any[/ b] compact car costs more than maintaining a subcompact car... and maintaining a thinly disguised sportscar costs even more than that.

Current Honda casa pricing is not categorically more expensive than Toyota casa pricing... though both charge waaaay too much for the accessories they sell.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

While the Jazz is still giving me sleepless nights, maintenance costs is a major deterrent for me. I suspect it may need to be (almost) exclusively maintained in the CASA.

Sparkplug replacement for example... the Jazz engine compartment has limited space, and other opposite side of the engine (the one opposite the hood opening) is where the plugs are. To replace, I was told by Honda Pasig Service that the windshield assembly (where the wipers are), have to be removed, to reach the hidden side of the engine. While they say that they put in iridiums which are good for 100k kms, it worries me that I may be at the mercy of the casa for the lifetime of the car.

Honda fluids are also known to be proprietary. Maybe we can use our preferred RP or Motul engine oil later on, but all else may have to be sourced from Honda.

Anyway, mas matipid pa rin siguro ang Toyota maintenance, over Honda. I think the Vios and Yaris can already be serviced by some reputable shops, outside of Toyota.

I may be wrong here, and I would be glad to be wrong. All I need is some insight that maintenance costs on the Jazz is reasonable.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When Honda makes you use synthetic, they give you the choice of a 10,000 kilometer service interval. Which matters a lot, because most of the cost of service is in the cost of labor, where the dealership makes the most of its money.

And who's to say that Toyotas would be any easier to service? The sparkplugs on the Vios engine are still underneath a plastic cover underneath the air-filter... they're not that much easier to change.

And at least the new Jazz 1.3 doesn't have eight spark-plugs anymore... or a CVT which requires specialized (and expensive) CVT-specific transmission fluid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    it's true, honda parts are more expensive than toyota parts because toyota have a lot of replacement or after market parts compared to honda. anyway, try to compare all the features of the 3 cars, regardless of honda being the prestigious.

about the maintenance cost, babawi ka on the resale value...

btw, 90% of taxi cabs in cagayan de oro city are toyota altis, around 30 units of the altis are the 2008 models. i asked the driver why the taxi operators didn't use Vios as taxi cabs which is cheaper than altis. (PM me nalang if you want to know the answer of the driver). i don't want to create conflicts here. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    When Honda makes you use synthetic, they give you the choice of a 10,000 kilometer service interval. Which matters a lot, because most of the cost of service is in the cost of labor, where the dealership makes the most of its money.

And who's to say that Toyotas would be any easier to service? The sparkplugs on the Vios engine are still underneath a plastic cover underneath the air-filter... they're not that much easier to change.

And at least the new Jazz 1.3 doesn't have eight spark-plugs anymore... or a CVT which requires specialized (and expensive) CVT-specific transmission fluid.
    touché Niky.

I just like the idea that my car can be serviced by Tsikot white-listed shops (e.g. Speedyfix, Cruvens, Mang Mario, etc.), which may not be likely with the new Jazz.

On the plus side of Honda, their service is far better than Toyota (comparing my experience with my old 1st gen City, serviced by Honda Libis-Pasig, and my current Revo, serviced by Toyota Makati).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    go for the new honda jazz... di ka magsisisi

:rainbow:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    di na pala ako naka-reply dito ulit.

went with the jazz, and hindi ako nagsisisi! hehehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
All-New Honda Jazz vs. Toyota Yaris vs. Toyota Vios