New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    kaya ng expy yan?
    yup... my brother's XP does 8 to 10 km/L whenever he takes it on out of town trips. Of course it means its in the garage most of the time as well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    niky - thanks for your input, i am inclined to get the XP.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i did not realize that XP can hav 8-10km/L on provincial trips..

Sir, do u hav figures on city driving? what i got frm a frend is that their OLD XP 1997 model gets about 4-5km/L city driving.. what about the new XP 2007? thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Based on the previous models of the XP, the resale value is almost nonexistent because there simply very few buyers interested in buying a used Expedition. One major reason is the fuel consumption, it drinks gasoline like there is no tomorrow.

As for driving an XP, it is a nice vehicle to drive (cost of fuel not withstanding). A simple nudge of the accelerator and the engine responds. The suspension is smooth over highways and rough roads. Just do not attempt high speed corners, these vehicles are meant for straight open roads. The XP can give somewhat decent fuel consumption figures when driven on mostly highway and very little traffic. A trip from Manila to Baguio can be done with 8 to 10 km/L and that's with a full load of people and bags.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    E150: let's set aside the gasoline consumption issue...

few reasons, I was so happy, at nabenta E150 namin, driver ka na nga, maingay pa anak mo + anak pa nila, hindi ka makapag sounds ng malakas at may baby na sakay, bus driver ang tingin sa iyo, at mentality mo bus driver na rin...
    I agree...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    E150 gas consumption on long drives:
    E150 full tank = 140 liters

manila - catbalogan, samar 800kms 1 full tank
    with 1 pitstop, + 1 hr sleep, engine running w/ aircon

roamy for 8 adults

with that info: 800km / 140 liter gives about 5.7 km/L but that for provincial trip.. do u have figure (kahit estimate) for city driving?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I read somewhere that Ford will put a 4L Duratorq (Turbo Diesel) engine on the Expe. You might wanna wait for that (esp now that Ford is bringing more of their diesels). Ford diesel seems good, it's fast (i've driven the new Everest) and not as noisy as one would expect from a diesel engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    gpac - if you need a real people mover from the Ford line-up then the E-150 Chateau Wagon is for you. Riding comfort is great even if the rear sits on leaf springs.

Over time it has also become a real status symbol which makes it stand out from the regular, very common family vans.
    thats what my frends tell me.. but for everyday (4days a week including weekend) driving im not sure if the E150 will be better on the long run vs. XP 2007.. advice greatly appreciated.. thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gpac View Post
    with that info: 800km / 140 liter gives about 5.7 km/L but that for provincial trip.. do u have figure (kahit estimate) for city driving?
    My brother's friend has a newer model XP... does a very bad 2 to 4 km/L pure city driving.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    expedition = 3.5-4 km/liter city driving

out of town on hi-ways is around 8-10.

so in the end, it really depends on how you use the vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks guys for your inputs..
    update you on what we've decided on..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advice on Ford E150 or Expedition 2007