New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My wife wants one to be driven around by her driver (and maybe me sometimes cause she is sick of her tiny pajero Io. hehe....

We are leaning towards the lowest trim camry (as we all know, most women (of course not all, just 90%) just don't care as long as it takes them there). What are our other options? how does this compare to the accord? are new promos coming out?

lastly, what are the consequences of getting second hand/older euro cars (bmw) around that price range? will maintenance kill us?

salamat

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the base camry is good or go for the 1.6m version just for the extra features.
    i wont recommend the accord since its going to be replaced next year. the teana is also ok but its kinda old na rin.

if you're going to get a 2nd hand executive car like an old e39 (523i?) make sure it has a full service history from authorized bmw dealerships para iwas sakit sa ulo. but yeah maintenance will be a bitch when things start breaking down.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My wife wants one to be driven around by her driver (and maybe me sometimes cause she is sick of her tiny pajero Io. hehe....
    Matag-tag kasi... specially when sitting at the back...

We are leaning towards the lowest trim camry (as we all know, most women (of course not all, just 90%) just don't care as long as it takes them there). What are our other options? how does this compare to the accord? are new promos coming out?
    its better that you and your wife could visit the dealership of the mentioned cars and inquire with regards to the different variants and ask for a test drive if its possible...

lastly, what are the consequences of getting second hand/older euro cars (bmw) around that price range? will maintenance kill us?
    YES, it will definitely kill you... unless you have a deeeeeeep pocket...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I find the Camry a good car even in base trim and the best looking in its class, if you want something more sporty you might want to look at the Mazda 6, the Accord IMO is just plain ugly, the rear end just looks so awkward.

If its for daily use, I would advise you against a second hand euro car, maintenance is just going to kill you. My bro in law has a previous gen 5 series BMW and as ive seen the service bills from the casa, I rarely see a bill that is below 50k considering the car is well taken care of and is not abused. If you really want a euro car, I find maintaining a Benz is more reasonable than maintaining a BMW I think this is due to the fact that there are a lot more shops/mechanics that are familiar with Benzes whereas with a BMW youre at the mercy the casa since not a lot of shops know BMWs.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The S-Class (W140) is under the 1M price range. Now this is really the ultimate executive car knowing that its bullet proof or to make it short. S-Guard. A newer E-Class or C-Class is also a good choice.

If you want brand new, there are a lot of cars not common on the road. The Mazda6 being sporty and the Mitsubishi Galant 240M being conservative (uh, I dont like the grille sometimes) which I believe Mitsubishi is giving away more than 100K discount for this vehicle.

But I would actually recommend the S-Class, mahal lang talaga yung maintenance but all around presence mo naman. Your wife can use it with her driver, parang limo. And you can also use it in your appointments. The good thing about this car is, you are like the President of the Philippines or a world leader. Kahit nga si Jeremy Clarkson sinabi na, no prime minister in Africa would ever be seen riding a car other than an S-Class.

Here's a link:
    P830,000.00
    http://www.tsikot.biz/vehicles/detail-1201.html

Some good reflections: (German)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vck4TrwPb6I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vck4TrwPb6I[/ame]

Pictures:

Last edited by drey; October 13th, 2007 at 09:19 PM.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what i'm thinking your wife wants is something super roomy and comfortable in the back. probably a nice smooth ride as well. that eliminates most of the sporty sedans and the compacts and below. afaik rear seat space in most SUV's is pretty tight as well, and the trucklike ride don't make them ideal as well.

so you're looking at midsize or full size cars. the Camry is actually a great choice. kinda overhyped as a performance machine but perfect as a comfortable, reliable highway cruiser. the older model Euro sedans will really set you back maintenance wise. they are actually very reliable if taken care of, but every part you have to replace (kahit normal wear and tear) will be painful.

i agree with drey about the "dating" of cars like the S-class (kahit yung luma) but that could be a bad thing (attracting the wrong kind of attention) as well as a good thing...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    camry na pink kung meron

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    How about this for her.
    Cadillac DTS.
    Features:
    1. Secured communication for all her client.
    2. Car Night Vision System(CNVS)
    3. Run-flat tire system
    4. Transparent window armor to block sunlights. Kahit tao sa labas hindi siya makikita.
    5. 5" of balistic armor to withstand anti tank grenade launchers. Safe siya sa mga Abu Sayap at N.P.A
    6. Eviromentaly sealed against Chemical, Biological attacks. Pati usok ng sasakyan sa Manila.

Last edited by drey; October 14th, 2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: deleted multiple pictures/posts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thank you very much for all your responses will definitely keep them in mind! I'd love to drive around in a Bmw (I'm 30) but If I can't afford it brand new, maybe it's not time yet. baka I can't afford to maintain it as you guys said

Size is definitely important. once she road a yellowcab taxi sa Ny, she knew that's the only way to go so Mini-SUVs are out na.

Thanks again for the replies!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There's also the Nissan Teana and Hyundai Sonata, both available with ample-powered V6's.

I drive the latter with the 235hp 3.3L V6. It's a zippy car especially on the freeway.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Advice on executive car for my wife