New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Good am guys, just seeking advice, I'm thinking of trading my 98 adventure diesel for a 98 spacewagon, ayaw kasi ng family ko yung adventure, msyadong matalbog daw, from what i know ok naman ride ng spacewagon. Any advice on this, specially on the spacewagon's fuel efficiency?(does the 98 model have a 2 liter mpi engne?) thanks in advnce

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We used to have one before and it is indeed more comfy then an Adventure... of course fuel efficiency won't be as good but you can expect around 7-8km/L with the manual tranny version in the city as long as everything is in good condition. It has a 1.8L EFI engine (around 113hp if memory serves me correct) and it can pull the car suffiently car even with a heavy load (unlike the older, carbed models). The a/c system is a bit weak though o dark tint will help pretty much.

local spacewagon have only a/c on the front..not sa rear. adventure is diesel pero not car-like ride ha.97+ units have EFI 1.8L engines and clear multi-reflector headlights.

jdm spacewagon(chariots) have a diesel, auto aircon, dual aircon in manual(rare) and automatic.94-96 ung new look. 4g63 and 4g63t available din...

both seats seven, pero siempre more AUV/truck based ang adventure than the galant-based spacewagon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    98 Adventure ba kamo? hehehe... matalbog nga yan!!!

if i really like the Space Wagon, id get the local one and i'd put the rear AC from the imported(/Auction) one on it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd prefer the local one, unless you can find a well-converted one... personally, though, if it's a choice between converted Spacewagon with unknown service history and keeping the Adventure, I'd keep the adventure, resale and residual value on a japanese import is crap.

Opinions may differ.

Spacewagon versus Adventure, the Spacewagon has less space, and the local ones only come with a gas engine, but they drive much better. It's like driving a Lancer with a bigger engine and more space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks for the help, I'm starting to lean more towards the spacewagon. just in case I don't find a good one, will taking out one leaf spring improve the ride of the adventure? I'm also planning to switch to smaller rims (14s w/ 70/80 series) as compared to the 15s w/ 65 series I'm currently using. Many thanks again

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Space Wagon is more comfy and better to drive than the Adventure. The SW is essentially a Mitsubishi Galant wearing oversized clothes.

I'd look for the later models with EFI, though.

You can try inverting the biggest leaf on your Adventure and lowering tire pressure a bit to soften the ride. Try changing to el-cheapo KYB fluid type rear shocks. It might get a bit floaty, but its will be softer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    OK thanks, around how much would the kyb shocks cost now, and what's a good place to buy them?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    OK thanks, around how much would the kyb shocks cost now, and what's a good place to buy them?
    Kabibili ko lang ng KYB shocks 600/pc bili ko sa HKT (pangalan yata ng shop) tapat ng Walco sa Banawe 650 pag hindi kilala.

adventure vs spacewagon