New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Lancer EX GTA. it got all the toys you need/ or wait for the upcoming Ford Focus pero matagal pa yun.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I was choosing between the lancer and subaru impreza, altis and civic some time ago. I also posted a comparison thread here and guess what I ended up with? A 2.0T entry GC. hehehe. The GC has already been suggested before. Go for it if you're single or an empty nester.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Kasi diesel yung Cruze VCDi. For sure the maintenance is more expensive than the Lancer pero matipid sa crudo tsaka sure na malakas ang hatak nyan. At yung Cruze VCDi LT siguradong mas mataas ang resale value niyan sa 1.8LT lang. IMO the Cruze VCDi is a better pick than Lancer GT-A because of the diesel engine. But again, for its price, Sonata (non-Premium), Genesis Coupe 2.0T M/T (Entry) or Tucson GL CRDi A/T would also be a good alternative.

Lancer GT-A over Cruze 1.8LT because the Lancer GT-A is simply better than the 1.8LT Cruze.

I have driven the Cruze diesel... and it's not that fast.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have driven the Cruze diesel... and it's not that fast.
    Still because of the transmission? How does it compare to the Focus TDCi?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Citimotors Las Pinas scratched my car they ended up paying for the repaint since I was able to prove it's their fault.
    If I may ask (OT?), how were you able to do this?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    this is nice.. lol.
    dami ng sumagot, pero hanggang ngayon... hirap pa din magdecide.
    mukang parehong maganda ung kotse eh. kaso sa ngayon, medyo parang trip ko na din ung lancer. masmukhang panlalaki eh.
    ska balita ko, bagal daw magrespond ng pag shift ng gear ng A/T ng cruze ah.

thanks uli sa mga sumasagot.
    btw, ok naman ang resale value ng mga mitsubishi cars di ba?

ska pla, kasi medyo nabara ako ng dad ko eh ng tinanong niya ako na bakit daw halos P200k ang lamang ng lancer gt-a sa cruze LT? pano ko siya masasagot para mapakita ko lang na masok na kunin namin ung lancer? sagot ko lang, masmalaki engine ng lancer pati rims, ska ung audio system maganda na. lol. di ko alam isasagot ko eh...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Could be... or the turbo lag. (or both)

The focus tdci felt overly stiff when I drove it. The cruze still had the same comfort when driven. Great for a daily driver. The (lack of) acceleration can make it frustrating to drive in an aggressive manner.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJMJM View Post
    ska pla, kasi medyo nabara ako ng dad ko eh ng tinanong niya ako na bakit daw halos P200k ang lamang ng lancer gt-a sa cruze LT? pano ko siya masasagot para mapakita ko lang na masok na kunin namin ung lancer? sagot ko lang, masmalaki engine ng lancer pati rims, ska ung audio system maganda na. lol. di ko alam isasagot ko eh...

-fully imported assembled from Japan (ito lang solved ka na sa daddy mo)
    -better more powerful engine (than the Cruze)
    -CVT tranny with paddle shifts (smooth driving)
    -Rockford Audio
    -steering wheel mounted audio controls
    -18 inch wheels
    -sport tuned suspension with stabilizers (stiffer than on the GLS/GLX/MX)
    -ralliart style bodykit and spoiler
    -projector headlights
    -seven dual stage airbags
    -auto climate control aircon system

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    All transmission. The Cruze has the same level of suspension comfort as the old TDCi... which is to say... it's supple over bumps. The new TDCi is, like GH says, stiff. Ford retuned the front suspension to dial out some understeer inherent with the heavy diesel engine... which is heavier now because of the dual clutch system.

The Cruze has lots of punch up high, but the turbo takes time to spool and the transmission, like in the 1.8, gets stuck between gears, deciding, deciding, deciding...

This is a lap of Clark in the Focus... high speed (main straight)... brake, turn-in, understeer-neutral-exit, accelerate, shift-shift-shift-shift, brake, turn-in, understeer... neutral (if you hook it in, slight oversteer)... exit... accelerate, shift-shift-shift-shift....

This is a lap of Clark in the Cruze... high speed (main straight)... brake, turn-in, understeer-sort-of-neutral-exit, hit the accelerator, wait-wait-wait-shift-accelerate-brake, turn-in, understeer, neutral, exit, hit accelerator, wait-wait-wait-wait-shift-accelerate...

And the behavior carries over to the roadways at more sane speeds. Despite being only a smidge slower to 100 km/h than the Focus, the Cruze is not a weapon of mass overtaking, sadly.

Mind you, the Cruze is more comfortable, has a much bigger rear seat, and that VM Motori system is fantastic... the engine is good for cruising, but the extra power is wasted because of the sluggish transmission. The only time it's faster than a Lancer is in a drag race and on the highway. Anywhere else and the extra flexibility of the CVT plus the light nature of the engine make the Lancer more responsive.

Only gripes with the Lancer is the quality of the plastic (a bugbear of current Mitsus) and the tiny trunk... though the Cruze is just as bad. Oh, and dealership experiences will vary from dealer to dealer... there are something like two or three different dealer networks, and some are better than others... better to ask the Mitsubishi boys which dealers are best.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Need help convincing the dad? Print this page and the previous page and you're sold! Hahaha..

Although the Rockford Fosgate system in the GT-A appeals to most who comes from stock audio systems, I wouldn't value it any more than 20k sa lahat-lahat. Yun subwoofer ng RF? That's being sold for roughly 2.5k in secondhand Philippine ICE forums.

I think the primary factors you can use to persuade him is Mitsubishi's after-sales service, the car's resale value (if your family is the type to replace cars once maintenance costs ramps up), and the airbags (safety. Which parent doesn't like it?)

For what it's worth, I used airbags and the sunroof to justify my purchase of a Sonata Premium from the non-Premium. Airbags.. hehe.. nothing beats saying the "ano mas importante? pera o buhay ko?" argument. Just make sure to drive safely and not to attempt to even pop those airbags.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Accord, Cruze, Altis, Lancer or City