New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    hinde talaga ako makapag decide. hinde ko manarrow down ung choices. nakapag basa na ko sa forums, reviews and un ganun pa din. so my choices are:

Honda Accord 2.4S
    Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LT
    Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0 V
    Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT-A
    Honda City 1.5 E

mga bagay na gusto ko iconsider, ung performance (syempre), reliability, quality ng parts, comfort... ang ung value for money. medyo lalamang siguro ung accord dito pero mahal din kasi siya kaya lalamang. ang akin lang, ung sulit ung pera. in the long run, ung mas magiging ok. kasi pag bago pa lang, medyo pantay-pantay pero pg tumagal, dun na nagkaka alaman eh.

kung my mga naeencounter na kayong problema sa kotse, paki sabi naman. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA

performance - check
    reliability - check
    quality ng parts - check
    comfort - check
    sulit ng pera - check
    porma - check
    sounds - check

The Mitsu Lancer EX GTA fits your criterias well. The 2.0L 4B11 engine is powerful (155hp) yet capable of good fuel economy. The CVT tranny gives the car a smooth drive yet can be manually controlled via paddle shifters for more aggressive driving. The suspension is slightly stiffer & better than the lower model Lancer EX which gives the GTA an advantage in handling. Interior is spacious... although the seats are cloth covered and not leather. The rockford sound system is superb with controls on the seating wheel for ease of use. Downside with this car is the small-ish trunk. Some owners have issues where the factory headunit will not tune to AM band.

The Chevy Cruze is a great car (a bit slow though in AT form) but I still have doubts about long term aftersales support from the casa. They used to have a reputation for long waiting times for parts, expensive prices for parts and skyhigh labor prices. You can check the CRUZE thread if Chevy has improved or not.

The Toyota Corolla is your average car. Nothing outstanding but nothing bad either. The 2.0L engine gives this car a small boost in straight line performance but the soft suspension & tranny isn't up to the task.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 1st, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's also worth noting that given the price difference, a Honda Accord costs about an entire Vios more than the cheapest car on your list.

If you want something that costs peanuts to maintain, buy peanuts. Most modern compacts with 2 liter engines don't cost that much less to service than midsized cars of old... though the Accord costs much more to maintain than this bunch.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJMJM View Post
    hinde talaga ako makapag decide. hinde ko manarrow down ung choices. nakapag basa na ko sa forums, reviews and un ganun pa din. so my choices are:

Honda Accord 2.4S
    Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LT
    Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0 V
    Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT-A
    Honda City 1.5 E

mga bagay na gusto ko iconsider, ung performance (syempre), reliability, quality ng parts, comfort... ang ung value for money. medyo lalamang siguro ung accord dito pero mahal din kasi siya kaya lalamang. ang akin lang, ung sulit ung pera. in the long run, ung mas magiging ok. kasi pag bago pa lang, medyo pantay-pantay pero pg tumagal, dun na nagkaka alaman eh.

kung my mga naeencounter na kayong problema sa kotse, paki sabi naman. thanks.
    Instead of the Accord 2.4S, consider the Sonata Premium nalang. Its an entire hundred grand cheaper, has almost all of the Accord's performance if not better, and a whole lot of toys topped with that panoramic sunroof. Definitely it in the midsize sedan department if you are looking for value for money. Among the compact sedans in your list, I'd get the Lancer EX GT-A. Its got aggressive looks with performance to match and lots of toys to boot. The Cruze is fine, but I'd suggest the VCDi variant if you don't mind the infamous dealership woes. Honda City? That's going a bit too low I suppose, especially since you are considering the Accord, which is around twice its price.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Grabe naman price range niyan. Of course, if you don't need the cash for anything else, get the most expensive one in the list: Honda Accord. If you need the cash, then why bother placing it in the choices?

Psst, get a Sonata non-premium version if that suits your woes. It's a bit more expensive than the GT-A but I daresay it'll turn more heads than it. Pero weird talaga choices mo bro. If performance is a key factor, I'll throw out the Accord or any midsize sedan (save for a Mazda6 and the Subby Legacy) in that case. If you aren't fickle about toys, I think the entry-level Genesis Coupe would serve you well.

Kahit ano gawin mo, 2.0T > 2.0 N/A in performance. Wonders of a turbocharger

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    thanks sa mga nagcomment na. pero still, di pa din ako makapg decide. regarding the choices, oo aminado ako. pag prices, magkakalayo talaga. dad ko kasi may gusto ng honda accord. pero sabi ko baka gusto niya consider ung medyo mura-mura pero sulit naman.

question lang uli, lets say lancer ska cruze na lang choices.

ok ba after-sales service ng mitsubishi? ska resale value ng mga kotse nila?
    ung cruze daw kasi, dami daw features eh. para sa price niya, daming kasamang kung ano-ano like ung gps ska ung camera pg umaatras.

ska pla, kmsta fuel consumption ng lancer ska cruze.
    and... san assembled ang lancer ska cruze? cruze daw, thailand and lancer japan? is that true?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mitsubishi Aftersales- depends on the dealer, from my experience;

Citimotors Las Pinas scratched my car they ended up paying for the repaint since I was able to prove it's their fault.

Union Motors Paco, F*cked up my brakes had to get the squeaking fixed at a different place...

Cruze may have a lot of features, but resale and depreciation is CRAP, after 4-5 years those cars can't be even sold for half of their worth when new.....

I AGREE with jhnkvn get the SONATA its really a great car for the money, it kicks the Accord or Camry out of the park hands down......

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Mitsubishi Aftersales- depends on the dealer, from my experience;

Citimotors Las Pinas scratched my car they ended up paying for the repaint since I was able to prove it's their fault.

Union Motors Paco, F*cked up my brakes had to get the squeaking fixed at a different place...

Cruze may have a lot of features, but resale and depreciation is CRAP, after 4-5 years those cars can't be even sold for half of their worth when new.....

I AGREE with jhnkvn get the SONATA its really a great car for the money, it kicks the Accord or Camry out of the park hands down......
    nabanggit ko nga sa dad ko ung sonata eh kaso ayaw talaga. kahit ung elantra eh, sinabi ko nga na maganda daw un according sa mga reviews kaso wala eh kaya stuck ako sa mga choices na yan. and now, mukang cruze or lancer na lang ang pagpipilian.

regarding sa dealer, ung marcos hi-way dealer ng mitsubishi... kamusta? my nababalitaan ba kayo na hinde maganda?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sabit yung City 1.5E

Lancer GT-A vs. Cruze 1.8LT = Lancer GT-A
    If Lancer GT-A vs. Cruze 2.0 VCDi LT = Cruze

Pero I also agree with jhnkvn and sm2by, Sonata nalang kung ganun lang din. Or Genesis 2.0T GL M/T (Entry) kung ok lang sa'yo M/T.

Cruze = Made in Korea.
    Lancer = Made in Cainta, Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sabit yung City 1.5E

Lancer GT-A vs. Cruze 1.8LT = Lancer GT-A
    If Lancer GT-A vs. Cruze 2.0 VCDi LT = Cruze

Pero I also agree with jhnkvn and sm2by, Sonata nalang kung ganun lang din. Or Genesis 2.0T GL M/T (Entry) kung ok lang sa'yo M/T.

Cruze = Made in Korea.
    Lancer = Made in Cainta, Philippines.
    bakit naging lamang ang Cruze VCDi sa Lancer GT-A pero pg Cruze LT lang, maspinili mo ung Lancer?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Accord, Cruze, Altis, Lancer or City