New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    I go for Toyota Corolla 1.6 GLI for safety, Parts availability and workhorse most important (parang kabayong ready anytime).
    this may may pass for a salesman closing remark!! nice one finchy18!! hiya!!!
    i noticed most vouch for toyota and honda...how about mitsubishi's lancer...the gls and glx. Are they below par with toyota and honda makes?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jing
    this may may pass for a salesman closing remark!! nice one finchy18!! hiya!!!
    i noticed most vouch for toyota and honda...how about mitsubishi's lancer...the gls and glx. Are they below par with toyota and honda makes?

hmmm. i have been driving a lancer a long long time, from the box type era up to my current pizza. although i can really vouch for their reliability, it seems that other cars caught up with them in terms of durability, features, technology, performance and even re-sale.

that is why, by next month, i will be releasing my beloved pizza and will be getting an altis or a civic.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jing
    If well cared for the Lancer is quite reliable but sadly Mitsu Phils quality dipped somewhat during the 90's IMO. People complained of suspension and electrical gremlins on their Lancers, the Galants had bad a/t's, etc. It was just that Mitsu was already quite good from the 80's to the early 90's then suddenly bumagal sila in terms of product upgrades, and they were plagued cover-ups on recalls, etc.

What i find strange with the PizzaPie Lancers (1996/1997 - 2002) was that the GLS/GLX models na 1500 were carb while the previus gen Itlog Lancer (1993-1995/1996) GLi 1500 were already EFI. Parang nag step back pa siya.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi, This is my first post. Hello to all of you tsikoteers, in my free time I read your inputs and I find it informative. I'll be going home within this year and I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car with a budget of around P220-250thou.
    My real desire is the 1996-1997 accord but I'm afraid of repair and maintenance costs. So now I'm considering the Ones posted in this topic. I'm very much willing to listen to your comments and suggestion for a practical car in my price range. Thanks a lot.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with your budget, you can get a decent 2000 model corolla/lancer or ford(?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
99-00 Lancer MX or Corolla GLi or Civic Vti