New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sa Civic ako. (Bakit kaya? hehehe). Better fuel consumption.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on what your needs are.

-> If it's a family car which you'll be driving out-of-town then maybe the Galant is more suited for you.
    -> If it's an everyday driver around the city and you don't really carry much when you go outof town or you don't travel often then a Civic may be more suited for you.

On reliability of the Honda and Mitsu, it is quite relative to the maintainance and useage of the previous owner...

On a sidenote, VR4 is a common misrepresentation for the local 4cylinder galants... the real VR4 is 4WD, turbo Galant. ;)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    Choose the "shark" galant. ganda ng porma.
    yup, Galant boy ako kaya go w/ this one (hehe bias ba!),.. yun nga lang look for manual bro. Yung rayban VR/SS, mostly sirain A/T tranny, sakit nila yun kung baga. Kaya go w/ the shark one. Parts are not hard to find and not that very expensive too!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    when you use an automatic tranny you dont push it so hard so it does not burn. When you're in a hurry and you need to accelerate more than the usual sa startup then use the OD switch para maximize nya yung gears 1-4 then use the switch again to reach the fifth gear. In this case hindi stress yung highest gear which is usually nabuburn. \

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If you don't have the budget to maintain the Galant and pay for its fuel consumption, you will truly be sorry in the long run.

Maintenance costs will be 2X to 3X higher. And gasoline consumption will be 30% to 40% higher. Expect to pay at least 50k a year for maintenance (possibly much more, if something expensive like the computer or transmission breaks). Also look at your daily driving pattern. If you drive 25km a day, you will consume ~5L per day on the Galant, and about 3L on the Civic. That's a difference of 80 pesos per day or 1600 per month.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    civic ka na bro.. be practical

forget about the astra

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Malabo ba yung astra? hmmm... problem is, the civic is almost 60k more expensive eh. And I will be using the car for only a year, just to tide me over till I can buy a new one. If I can find a civic that's the same price, or kung mas mahal konti lang kinaiba, then siguro civic. Another reason why I'm leaning towards the galant kasi maganda financing nya. argh!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If you don't mind paying extra for gas, go for the Galant. Pero kung gusto mong mejo practical Civic.

Iba kasi yung feeling kapag nasa loob ka ng isang midsize sedan compared to a compact. Iba din ang level of safety when inside a midsize.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmm, I don't mind really paying extra for the gas. What I am concerned din kasi is the notoriety of galants being lemons. Or does this apply to just certain type of galants? Though your point regarding safety is a big plus, since my wife is gonna use it din. Plus we have a baby pa.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    get the galant... wag lang AT... yun ang lemon... get the V6 Manual Tranny (kung may ganung variant)... sarap i drive nyan!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
98 galant or 99 civic vtec?