New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i am choosing between getting a 98 vr4 galant or a 99 civic vtec? Which is the better buy? The civic is more expensive by 50k. I am also thinking about a 2000 astra wagon? any advice? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Choose the "shark" galant. ganda ng porma.

Dami na meron civic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    midsize sedan ang galant. I'd say go for the civic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frazam View Post
    i am choosing between getting a 98 vr4 galant or a 99 civic vtec? Which is the better buy? The civic is more expensive by 50k. I am also thinking about a 2000 astra wagon? any advice? thanks!
    Between the cars mentioned, I would rather get the 98 Galant. But if you are also considering the fuel consumption, then get the Civic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    for the long run? just get the civic

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hmmm... 2 for galant, 2 for the civic... thanks for the replies. yung galant shark type na matic, yung civic din matic. para magamit din ng wife ko. im leaning towards the galant kasi mas mura ng more than 50k e, as for fuel consumption, di naman ihaharurot. malaki ba talaga diff ng dalawa?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa looks - galant
    sa efficiency - civic

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sir go with the civic. better fuel consumption. lotsa parts out there. honda durability. theres a reason many bought it.

mitsubishi's auto trans are known to break easy. somthing wrong with their auto trans. (you dont want your wife asking for help in the middle of the road do you? ) galant eat too much fuel in the long run due to big engine it will cost more as an investment. and yes it is noticeable. theres a reason not many bought this shark model. and why the resale value is low.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    go for galant! but imho, mejo pa-tignan nyo po sa isa nyong kakilalang personal mechanic para malaman po ninyo kung ano yung mas sirain/lemon between the two. kung ano yung mas maganda ang condition then yun po ang piliin nyo.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kung hindi importante ang gas consumption para sayo e get the gallant kasi luxury vehicle na ito at same category w/ Camry and Accord not to metion it's 50k cheaper. You'd prolly get between 5-6km/l since yung Lancer MX namin w/ invecs gets 7-8km/l.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
98 galant or 99 civic vtec?