New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm choosing between lancer el pizza pie, 97 honda city exi and 2000 sentra fe. all are all 1.3L their price range are almost the same. please help need to know which is the best buy among the 3 in terms of looks, performance and economy thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City wins economy by a fair margin, but interior accomodations are tight and sound and vibration insulation practically non-existent. Steering is so-so, but it's nimble and fun to drive. The ancient design is prone to rear fender rust. The FE is an okay car, more spacious, reasonably comfortable with a good aircon and power steering... (continued)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The FE has good body integrity, little weight (compared to 1.6s), a stiff suspension and short gearing, which make it a fun car to drive spiritedly (even if it isn't as quick as a 1.6). Only downside is a finicky carb that gives poor mileage when dirty. Lack of ABS, airbags, power windows and locks aren't an issue, since neither of the others has those either.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FE din ako.
    one reason..... its the latest model. kung kukuha ka na rin lang, get the newer one.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    FE ako

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That said... (sorry sa double post... sa cellphone yan kagabi)... while I like the FE amongst the three.. there are definitely some very good cars in the same price range that you're not looking at... if I may ask, what's the price range?

The FE's only achilles heel, that damn carb, is an easy fix, actually... just some carb cleaner every few months, and use good gasoline. As the body is light and the suspension is stiff, the shocks and springs will stay firm much longer than in the standard Sentra. Just beware, if you try to compensate for the lack of horsepower by burying your foot in the floor everytime you accelerate, it gets thirsty. Driven conservatively, it should return good mileage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    for the same price of the 2000 Sentra FE, you can get a 99 Sentra EX Saloon (series4 look) that has an all power features except side mirrors and a more powerful yet economical 1.4L DOHC 16v EFi engine 90hp (vs 82hp of the FE).
    if you are lucky you might even get an exalta look EX Saloon at the same price cuz 2nd hand Nissan prices always overlaps in the used car market.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If fuel economy is your primary concern, go for Honda 97 exi...malakas ang makina (i think 95 hp sya at 4.5rpm as stated in the specs). Fuel consumption in my case is 10-12km/l city driving, 14-16km/l highway driving...madali din i-maintain, just look for good shop (I normally go with speedyfix for maintenance).

Don't go for Lancer EL 97. I used to try Lancer 97 EL for 2 months...Hindi pa sya power steering, and for me medyo under power sya. Fuel economy is 8km/l city driving, 11km/l highway

I have'nt tried Sentra so wala akong masasabi with its performance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i say based from our prev. ownership of an 97 Sentra EX Saloon, its powerful & fuel efficient and accomodations arent as spartan/coach-class as the Honda City.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks my budget is 200 to 220 what else can you guys recommend for that price range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
97 lancer el, 97 city exi or 2000 sentra fe