New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    For me mas type ko ang galant v6 nagkaroon ako SS maluwag sa loob maganda ang interior ewan ko lang ngayon kung makakabili pa nito ng di na laspag.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    if you want a sporty ride go with galant.

if you want a softer luxury ride go with accord.

but for me personally. id go with the galant because i like power and the muscular lines. the accord looks very heavy and for dom's

then theres the 6a12tt (which can fit the 95galant) a generation lower than the 6a13tt. both engine have great potential.

mated with the Awd system (from the Real VR4-jdm), oh men, like some galant owners have done with theirs. whew. think mitsu evo on a bigger body.

im drooling now....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i like everything about the 95 Accord (pero i think, 96 nag start yung 2.2L VTEC Accord 2.2VTi) but i love the 4G63 and 6A12 V6 of the Mitsubishi Galant.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as it's not AT, and in good condition, go ahead.

Both cars have their issues. I've a friend who bought both secondhand and got saddled with $$$ in repairs.

The ball-joint issues of the Galant are common knowledge... and if the car has that problem, it's best to get original pieces to fix it, because machine-shop fixes and replacement parts just won't cut it.

The Accord's bugbear seems to be the tranny. The automatic tranny is an issue on late Accords in the US... but then I'd stay away from secondhand ATs in general, as local traffic really destroys them unless the owner was conscientious in use and maintenance.

I've seen the stock 2.2 Accord hit 120 whp on the dyno with just an intake, so it seems rather close to 145-150 bhp (stock RS hits 113 whp, no intake) too bad it's not an overachiever like the B16. The Galant does have more power, but I haven't seen one with an MT... did the V6 come with MT?

The H22A gets about 150+ whp on the dyno... spot on for a 200 bhp mill... amazing engine. But definitely no match for the Galant VR4's 6A12TT (with over 240 bhp)... and in terms of sound, V6 over I4 any day.

But I've kinda taken a shine to the 97-98 Accords (the ones with the smooth rear ends)... very sleek, very European look... I'd like to do an Accord Euro-R conversion, 200hp H22A + full suspension set-up... the Euro-R is regarded as one of the best handling FWD sedans of all time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup Niky, 7G Galants have VR with MT variants.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mhmmmm.... V6 MT?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, my neighbor i remember once had a 94 Galant VR V6 Manual Transmission. Im sure its a V6.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me it is the Accord, without a doubt. as per most of your criteria, the Accord wins out over the Galant in my opinion.

interior and exterior looks are very subjective, of course, but to me the Accord is a cleaner design, and Honda is well known for making interiors that are not too flashy, but very functional, very wear-resistant, and with good ergonomics.

power? in the real world, it doesn't really matter. they are close enough that neither would pull away from the other in a drag race, and both of them with a V6 MT would be more power and acceleration than you would ever need in the RP.

price? can't comment on market conditions in the Philippines, but from what i see the Accord is more expensive in the used car market, but that's because it depreciates less (so if you own it lamang ka sa resale). again, a tie.

the Accord really wins on aftermarket support and reliability. although as the other guys have said, mahal daw ang parts jan sa Pinas.

btw, yung Galant ni ssaloon, yung kafogian ng drayber ang nagdadala niyan...ahahaaaay!!! :gayfight:

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Mhmmmm.... V6 MT?
    Yes sir, i own a 94 V6 galant na MT. Karamihan kasi na V6 is AT eh, pero may ilan namang MT dyan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have a '94 Galant VR-V6 m/t, one of the first to roll of from Mitsu Phils. The first year of the car saw us battling bugs with the brakes (the disks had a tendency to warp and vibrate, esp as speeds over 160kph) so after several returns to Citimotors, they finally swapped the disks to a set that was shipped in from a Japan model (VR-4?) and we never had the warped disk/vibration problem anymore. We recently gave the car a washover and full-fix-up job and we spent around 80-100K on the paint, suspension and engine.

I definitely prefer the Galant over the Accord, it seems to have aged better (IMO) and the power is great, not the fastest off the line but it consistently picks up speed well to the 190kph/200kph range on the expressway (especially if you accelerate it hard from 1st gear) and still remain stable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
95 HONDA ACCORD 2.2 vs. 95 MITSUBISHI GALANT V6