Aug 2007
    [SIZE=4]ANO MAS MAGANDA:??
    1. INTERIOR
    2. EXTERIOR (DESIGN)
    3. ENGINE HP (IF BOTH STOCK)
    4. PRICE- CURRENT/ DEPRECIATION
    5. POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO (MAS MAGAAN)
    6. GAS CONSUMPTION
    7. AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS (BNEW/SURPLUS)

OVERALL RATING???

ACCORD OR GALANT?
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Accord! Panalo! Sleek Look.. Parts Ok, Good Car.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I would want the Galant...cause i drive an Accord! hehehe...

Interior appointments are almost the same I think. The Accord's PH22A (or is it F22?) engine was rated at 150hp, while the Galant V6 is at 163hp. What I like is the conversion of the Galant to the square foglamps and black/clear taillights (saw a number of tsikoteers with that here...), am not sure if it's a JDM or EUDM look...

With the Accord, what's promising is an H22A swap. Would be interesting to see if the cylinder head of the H22A could be slapped on the stock Accord's engine block so you wouldn't need a full engine swap...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I think the PH22 of the local accord is rated at 145hp....almost similar to F22 (although my local accord uses a US F22A2 engine, rated at 152hp...)

Interior: personal choice, I would pick the accord..the galant is too grayish, too plasticky...the accord have different materials at the dashboard, with different colors (gray and black)

Standard Features: almost the same....

Engine: the V6 of the galant is more powerful than the PH22 of the accord, although fuel consumption for the V6 galant is higher than that of the 2.2L four-pot accord....power is sufficient already with the 2.2L accord....

Exterior: I prefer the sleek design of the accord (the basis of my dad's choice for the car) than the shark-like design of the galant...although the galant looks good at some points....

I heard that the depreciation of both cars is alarming, but accords are priced higher than the galant by about 30-50K, depending on the model...

Weight, magaan ang accord, even lighter than the 2.0L Ford Lynx... kerb weight just at less than 1300 kgs...

btw, just my opinion...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Pareho namang maganda ang accord and galant. I drive a 94 galant VR V6. Ok naman ito, very dependable kasi daily driver sya. With regards naman sa fuel consumption mdyo talo ang galant pero the thing is mas malakas ang galant sa hatakan because it has 6 cylinders compared to the 4 of the accord.

For me, either of the two cars is a good choice. My dad owns a 95 accord and wala din naman akong naririnig na reklamo from him.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galant bro..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Galant! Tignan mo nalang yung ride ni SSaloon sa "Me and My Tsikot thread"
    Ang sarap tignan!

O kaya, get the Sharkie 8G yung 6a13TT (Twin Turbo)
    TIpid yun sa gas, 8-9 km/l sa city.
    Last edited by drey; September 9th, 2007 at 08:16 PM.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I stand corrected - should have said power was advrtised at 150hp, at least in the engine spec sheet which came with the car.

The Avatar of the 94 VR is exactly what I'm talking about - aside form the rectangular fog lamps, the grill pala also looks different...

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    pano ba mag attach ng pic? post ko sana ung pics nung old car namin na pinaman lang sakin... hay binenta na kasi dami na lumabas problems..accord nga pala..basta right parts .. sarap mag setup..para mag ka idea ka din..actually dati gustong gusto ko galant mula nung gti days.. may galant din kasi kami.. pero nung nag ka accord.. ok din naman... nasasayo lang talga kung pano mo titingnan and setup.. kaso ingat karin misan di na reliable kasi..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir ubian,

A much as possible do not use capitalized text, you're practicaly shouting your lungs out.

To answer your question: Galant ako just don't get the one with auto tranny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
95 HONDA ACCORD 2.2 vs. 95 MITSUBISHI GALANT V6