New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Please correct me if Im wrong, pero parang i read somewhere that the esi civics were prone to rust sa roof nila?
    Yung mga unang labas lang ata ang affected AFAIK.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i'd go for a 95 GLi.

replacement parts are easier and cheaper to come by.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    for me corolla. . .

it really depends on who is the previous owner of the ride and how they maintain it. . . .

usually 95 esi has mod many times, raced many times, and used as a daily ride. . . .

usually 95 corolla has less mod, less raced, and used as a daily ride. . . .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yes, ESis are prone to rust usually the wheelwell. but of course, you can get some units na malinis naman and from there, you can take care of it naman.

exterior bugs of Corolla usually yung naninilaw na mga headlights specially yung turn signal lamps. another thing: i dont like the hollow feeling front suspension of the Corolla.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sad to say but true, kaya naisipan na namin ibenta yun 12-yr old ESi namin bec. of building up rust sa ilalim. pero kinuha pa din ng buyer eh, ok lang daw. that's 2 days after posting.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    WIK, may cupholders ang ESi. in front of the shifter. it does have a split fold bench too. meron pa nga syang center rear armrest na foldable eh. strut type pa yung trunk. so, it does not intrude sa baggage mo. the interior of the Civic is airy too, has low cowl and dash and big windows.
    Baka hindi PHDM version yan. Or pwede ring pinalagyan. I've ridden in two ESis and none of them had cupholders, but I do agree there's space in front of the gearbox for that accessory to fit. Split-type rear seats, the newer VTis don't have them either, but US versions do.

Now let's go to safety. I've already heard deaths on board ESis (one of them a sister of a former school mate). As for GLis, there were some accidents shown in the news. The cars had a totalled front, but the drivers are alive. And these were just the non-airbag versions.

Finally, if you really want to have a Civic, save up for a VTi. It has VTEC, which has better performance and/or economy. The body is also bigger and looks better inside and out. The suspension has a great balance of ride and handling, but at the expense of reliability.

Compared to the Corolla, Civics are more fun, but the former is easier to live with and has better potential to stay with you longer. It's more reliable especially in the underchassis department. Believe me, I own these cars.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *basti08

yung mga naninilaw na lights ng corolla is dahil yun ay made from taiwan or fake na headlights, turn lights, try getting the original and you bet it wont turn yellowish. . . . as of now my 95corolla dont have yellow headlights and yellow turn lights, i havent change it yet since we bought it. . . 1st owner . . .

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Please correct me if Im wrong, pero parang i read somewhere that the esi civics were prone to rust sa roof nila?
    yes, the earlier models 92-93. the later models wala na. na correct na ata. our late 94 civic never had any.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ive owned the VTI civic and its a great car i must say. but i just didnt like the idea of no camber adjustment for the front tires. im just OC that way hehehe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
95 corolla gli or 95 civic esi