New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    IMO, the Altis looks great from the outside. However in the interior, I do not like the A/C grills design. It felt like reverting to the past.
    In terms of acceleration, I must agree that the Altis is no match to the FD.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I watched a comparo on you tube between the altis,civic and sylphy 1.8 matics on 0-60 mph.

2013 Nissan Sentra vs Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla 0-60 MPH Mashup Review - YouTube

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I'd get the jazz its all you could ever want. Good looks. Performance. Utility. Resale value. Lots of aftermarket parts. Fuel efficiency. Space. Paddle shifters. Fun to throw around. Etc.

And it will hit the century mark in about ten seconds.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Then why was the Honda Jazz kicked out of the garage? Hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Errrrrmm

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Also the jazz has a manual variant. But I'd get the cvt if budget permits. Better fuel efficiency and paddles are fun fun fun. I would think its faster than the corolla given its lighter and has more power.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jazz is a good overall performer but I'm not just impressed with its L15 engine. I'm not sure how much the CVT has improved its zip but our old Honda L-powered cars (5AT) are not ones to called as zippy drives. Maybe the Jazz fitted with the Civic's R18 engine will bring a much better drive.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Jazz is a good overall performer but I'm not just impressed with its L15 engine. I'm not sure how much the CVT has improved its zip but our old Honda L-powered cars (5AT) are not ones to called as zippy drives. Maybe the Jazz fitted with the Civic's R18 engine will bring a much better drive.
    I did the 1.5 5AT Jazz for Big Big Car back in the day... 0-100 in 11.2 seconds.

I recall Ferman Lao mentioning the 5AT had big drivetrain losses... but that the losses for the current CVT are also a bit high.

-

1.5 CVT, 0-100 - 11.4 seconds at COTY. That's with two on board, so possibly 11 flat with one passenger.... faster than the 5AT, but not by much. Could be faster, but the virtual first gear on the new CVT is pretty long.

The 1.5 MT should be in the mid- to high 10s. And then there's the possibility of a supercharger install...

-

Although I'm wondering how the turbo build of Autoplus (the 230+ whp Yaris) drives...

-

With an R18, cars like the Jazz and CRZ should hit 100 in around 9 seconds flat.

The CR-Z MT can do 100 in about 9.7 seconds (2 on board)... but you have to spam the Sport+ button like mad while accelerating... (seriously... if you don't, it's about a second slower).

But the CR-Z is $$$$. Then again... nobody will mistake you for having a cheap car.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I did the 1.5 5AT Jazz for Big Big Car back in the day... 0-100 in 11.2 seconds.

I recall Ferman Lao mentioning the 5AT had big drivetrain losses... but that the losses for the current CVT are also a bit high.

-

1.5 CVT, 0-100 - 11.4 seconds at COTY. That's with two on board, so possibly 11 flat with one passenger.... faster than the 5AT, but not by much. Could be faster, but the virtual first gear on the new CVT is pretty long.

The 1.5 MT should be in the mid- to high 10s. And then there's the possibility of a supercharger install...

-

Although I'm wondering how the turbo build of Autoplus (the 230+ whp Yaris) drives...

-

With an R18, cars like the Jazz and CRZ should hit 100 in around 9 seconds flat.

The CR-Z MT can do 100 in about 9.7 seconds (2 on board)... but you have to spam the Sport+ button like mad while accelerating... (seriously... if you don't, it's about a second slower).

But the CR-Z is $$$$. Then again... nobody will mistake you for having a cheap car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    speedlabs has a supercharged 1.5 manual jazz. 145hp at the wheels I don't think the cvt though can take that kind of torque.

The beauty about the jazz though is that its so maneuvarable in and out of traffic. I don't think me inside my mustang could catch me inside my jazz if it were even just light traffic in edsa or the c5. You would really need an open road to beat the jazz. Its that nimble and slottable.
    Last edited by EQAddict; May 2nd, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The other week I saw an avanza racing against a bmw 335i along the slex. Holy cow. The bmw couldn't shake the avanza in light traffic. Once you're in triple digit speeds you hit the slower cars in front of you fast and have to find an open lane or slot. Every single time the avanza would either find a better lane/slot or catch up to the hard charging beemer. I followed for a bit in my jazz haha

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast