New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    How about the 2011 Hyundai Accent it will be launched tomorow Dec 2, 2010

The price most likely below 800k for the 1.6 A/T. Compared to the rest a 1.6L engine and a small Lightweight body will definitely yield best power to weight ratio in it's class

Photos from sir SG:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    thanks for the inputs... mukang narrowed down na sa vios and city ang pagpipilian...

i have nothing against the other suggestions like the fiesta and upcoming accent... medyo alangan lang ako sa bagong labas na model na sasakyan... first car kasi ng friend ko and pang-long term ownership ang balak niya

baka medyo mahirapan sa aftersales service for the ford and newly launched accent.(correct me if im wrong)

thanks again

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sir niky for another epic write up. :thumbup:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    my take:

1. toyota vios 1.3 E a/t 720k - practical buy, some say malakas sa gas yung 1.3 a/t

2. mazda 2 r (sedan) 781k - cramped space, not sure about gas consumption

3. honda city 1.3s 771k - probably the best buy long-term (less maintenance), hard to get discount, very expensive for 1.3 engine

4. mitsubishi lancer gls cvt 745k - old, discounted at 698k

other things to consider: add around 50k for lto, insurance, etc

since first car naman, i suggest to get a car that's easy to maintain. eventually, you'll want a bigger, nicer car so just save your money for this. first car = bump car. 1.3 engines are really slow if you bring it out of town so best to go 1.5. pero kung city use lang talaga, 1.3 is really the way to go.

personally, i just got a lancer gls to replace a 1.3 honda jazz. i also had the same options in mind but settled for the lancer due mainly to price and features vs cost. total out = 698k (got all other costs for free). free pms for 1k and 5k. comprehensive insurance to be paid in 3mos. cheaper maintenance too vs mazda/honda. save the remaining money for gas (since 1.6 engine). hindi pa takaw tingin sa mga bukas kotse.

best still to test drive and go with what you really want but make sure to think about total cost of ownership.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Vios or city. any of these 2 will be a good buy for the budget.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    kung ako tatanungin mo sa 800K budget

1. Jimny
    2. Jazz
    3. City
    4. Coolbear

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    test drive mo silang lahat. ang original na pinagpipilian ko before i decided to get my m2 ay vios & lancer gls, ended up buying the m2 after the test drive. zoom zoom. hanep ang steering response ng m2 plus konti lang m2 sa daan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kokey View Post
    test drive mo silang lahat. ang original na pinagpipilian ko before i decided to get my m2 ay vios & lancer gls, ended up buying the m2 after the test drive. zoom zoom. hanep ang steering response ng m2 plus konti lang m2 sa daan.
    ito ang tamang gawin. test drive mo silang lahat. meron kasi yung pagkaupo mo at minaneho mo na, parang "feel" mo kaagad yung sasakyan kahit hindi mo siya gaanong trip nung una.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kokey View Post
    test drive mo silang lahat.
    + 1 ako dito. sa list mo, ang hindi ko lang natest drive is yung mazda 2 at puro m/t ang choices ko. I ended up buying Lancer. this was also the last car I tested during that time. :D

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    * niky --

* TS -- test drive mo nga lahat. Also, make your friend consider the other add-on costs like accessories, insurance, etc. might as well check out the dealer's after-sales support reputation where he intends to buy his first car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
800k budget (vios/mazda2/lancer gls/city)