Jan 2007
    my friend asked me to help him buy his first car
    800k budget (hindi pwede lumagpas)

pasok sa 800k (dapat automatic)

1. toyota vios 1.3 E a/t 720k
    2. mazda 2 r (sedan) 781k
    3. honda city 1.3s 771k
    4. mitsubishi lancer gls cvt 745k

regardless of features, engine displacement,vehicle size, comfort etc., ano pinaka ok dun sa 4 with respect to aftersales service? pms cost/parts availability/reliability? longterm ownership kasi. thanks thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Top pick, city. Then the vios & mazda 2 comes next. The lancer falls on the last place.

pms cost - Vios.
    parts availability - Vios.
    reliability - City & Vios.

The reason why the vios only came second is because of it's looks. The taillight looks gay ( no offense ) ... the grille looks cheap. Admittedly, the pre-MMC/facelift vios look better than what is it right now. ;)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Vios > City > Mazda > Lancer

based on your criteria

regardless of features, engine displacement,vehicle size, comfort etc., ano pinaka ok dun sa 4 with respect to aftersales service? pms cost/parts availability/reliability? longterm ownership kasi.
    The new metal grille in front of the Vios looks horrible.

I would highly suggest getting the City.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post

3. honda city 1.3s 771k

regardless of features, engine displacement,vehicle size, comfort etc., ano pinaka ok dun sa 4 with respect to aftersales service? pms cost/parts availability/reliability? longterm ownership kasi. thanks thanks
    1. toyota vios 1.3 E a/t 720k - 1st place.
    2. mazda 2 r (sedan) 781k - 4th
    3. honda city 1.3s 771k - 2nd
    4. mitsubishi lancer gls cvt 745k - 3rd

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Densker View Post
    1. toyota vios 1.3 E a/t 720k - 1st place.
    2. mazda 2 r (sedan) 781k - 4th
    3. honda city 1.3s 771k - 2nd
    4. mitsubishi lancer gls cvt 745k - 3rd
    the lancer GLS CVT, even if it's older model cedia body, has 1.6 engine and bigger body. after discounts the price goes down to 698k as per sir GH's posts here http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=74281&page=8

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I'd pick the city din (better looking imo and the ride comfort is good). Next would be the vios, 3rd lancer and 4th choice is the Mazda2.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You might want to consider Ford Fiesta 1.6L Trend A/T P766K

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I'd go for the Lancer EX, dahil sa porma lang. lol! pero kung papipiliin mo ako practicality and all, I'd go for the honda City, which btw looks really good in white. and they say FC is good too so that's a plus. and syempre honda yan. 2nd pick would be the Mitsu, rally blood eh. paddle shift din just like the city. then the mazda 2 then vios.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by edricdude View Post
    I'd go for the Lancer EX, dahil sa porma lang. lol! pero kung papipiliin mo ako practicality and all, I'd go for the honda City, which btw looks really good in white. and they say FC is good too so that's a plus. and syempre honda yan. 2nd pick would be the Mitsu, rally blood eh. paddle shift din just like the city. then the mazda 2 then vios.
    old body lang ang Lancer na tinutukoy ni TS. lagpas 800k din ang lowest variant ng Lancer EX na GLX.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post

3. honda city 1.3s 771k

Do they have an automatic Mazda2 Sedan? AFAIK, the Mazda2 Sedan only comes in 1.5 AT.

1. The Toyota Vios 1.3 E AT is a decent car if all you're looking for is point A to point B driving, and the 1.3 and 4-speed AT get the job done, if nothing else. Otherwise... at 720k, the same price as the Mazda2 sedan, you're getting a crummier interior, much less trunk space (much, much less... and no rear seat pass-through, to boot), worse dynamics, a flintier ride and cheap seats. It has about 10 millimeters more knee room in the back seats, a big deal if you wear knee pads, I suppose.

2. The Mazda2R hatchback is a wonderful car. Kind of bare for the price compared to the Fiesta, but about the only car in the class even remotely close to the Hondas in terms of interior quality. Decently roomy and much fun to drive (hell, much more fun than some sports cars). If there is a Mazda2 1.5 Sedan with an AT, that would be great. Most responsive to drive of the group with the best transmission.

3. The Honda City... best room, best materials, seats only so-so in terms of comfort. But expensive. Quite. The 1.3 is absolutely gutless when matched with the 5-speed AT, so I suppose you're asking about the 1.5. The 1.5 with the 5-speed is perfect for most uses and not much worse in terms of economy... the 1.3 is overworked by the long gears and heavy body and returns fuel economy similar to 1.5s.

4. The Lancer GLS is old. You won't quite get the same knee room or headroom as the newer subcompacts, but it'll have them beat on elbow room when sitting people three across.

-

The Fiesta Trend PS Sedan comes in at under 800k. The transmission is quirky, but it's got lots of power, fuel economy is similar to the 1.5 ATs (apparently, from reading the Fiesta threads... and, come on guys... the only 1.5 ATs in this class that were any good were the Honda CVTs, and those are gone. Finis. Kaput.), handling is better than the Jazz or even the Mazda2 (though the Mazda2 has better steering) and it's the most loaded. Trunk space is a very close second to the Honda City and interior space is actually slightly better than the Vios. Also mimics Honda's 10,000 km service interval, with cheaper servicing costs, supposedly.

Only big deal for the Fiesta, for me, is the interior plastics. A big letdown... but still better than the 1.3 Vios.

-

Oh... last word. These new small cars with automatics really aren't that fuel efficient in traffic. So you may think you're saving gas by going for a 1.3 AT, but you're just setting yourself up for frustration. Might as well stump up for a 1.5 AT if you really need a slushbox. Otherwise, stick to a manual transmission.
    Last edited by niky; December 1st, 2010 at 05:20 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
800k budget (vios/mazda2/lancer gls/city)