New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For 750k, I would look for a used but decent condition Subaru Forester XT (2018-2018 models). You get great visibility, very good driving performance, high ground clearance, big interior & cargo space, and decent off-road capability. Other good options are the Honda CRV and Mazda CX5.

HRV is small for a crossover. It is practically a Jazz on stilts. I would never consider the Xpander. The RAV4 I would choose among the choices presented but despite being a Toyota, it is not as common as the other CUVs (Forester, CRV, CX5) mainly for the reason that ToyotaPH priced it ridiculously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reco. Will also look into this. Why would be you consider a Xpander? Re the Rav 4, would you think parts wouldn’t be as common as other Toyotas?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Thanks for the reco. Will also look into this. Why would be you consider a Xpander? Re the Rav 4, would you think parts wouldn’t be as common as other Toyotas?
    I wouldn’t consider a 7-seater on such a small frame, even the same thought on a Mobilio or BRV or XL7. If you want a comfortable 7-seater, maybe consider an Innova or Okavango or Xtrail or diesel CRV.

ToyotaPH priced the RAV4 ridiculously high. Even the top-spec model is only a FWD and priced over 2M with not much to offer against the competition except for its Toyota brand name. You will see more CRVs, Foresters, and CX5s on the road. Since it is not as common, keeping one maybe a challenge later if you need major parts. Usual needed fluids may not be an issue.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I wouldn’t consider a 7-seater on such a small frame, even the same thought on a Mobilio or BRV or XL7. If you want a comfortable 7-seater, maybe consider an Innova or Okavango or Xtrail or diesel CRV.

ToyotaPH priced the RAV4 ridiculously high. Even the top-spec model is only a FWD and priced over 2M with not much to offer against the competition except for its Toyota brand name. You will see more CRVs, Foresters, and CX5s on the road. Since it is not as common, keeping one maybe a challenge later if you need major parts. Usual needed fluids may not be an issue.

Thanks! For the Forester, you mean 2016-2018? Parts are easy naman to find? & hindi naman mahal? How about the Subaru XV?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks! For the Forester, parts are easy naman to find? & hindi naman mahal? How about the Subaru XV?
    Get the Forester, better for the family. There are a lot of Foresters on the road. Di naman sirain. Most cars naman Di mahirap yung usual parts - brake pads, suspension bushings, tires, etc. Fluids are also readily available.

I don’t think a car around 5-10 years will need a major part replacement like an engine, turbocharger, transmission, or driveshaft unless the car model has a history of unreliability.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Get the Forester, better for the family. There are a lot of Foresters on the road. Di naman sirain. Most cars naman Di mahirap yung usual parts - brake pads, suspension bushings, tires, etc. Fluids are also readily available.

I don’t think a car around 5-10 years will need a major part replacement like an engine, turbocharger, transmission, or driveshaft unless the car model has a history of unreliability.

Thanks! Appreciate your inputs!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Unless you plan to consider a brand new car. Geely is offering a 50k discount on its models. The Emgrand Comfort is priced at 798k so with a discount, it will be at 748k.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    konti na lang brand new na yan..

Toyota Raize 1.2E is at 816K
    Toyota Avanza 1.3J Manual nga lang at 813K
    Honda BRV when it had 110K discount at 938K

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    If you would have a budget of 750k, which of the following second hand cars would you get? Pros & cons?

1. Mitsubishi Xpander
    2. Toyota Rav 4
    3. Honda HR-V

The Rav 4 & the HR-V are older (2015-2016) thus units have bigger mileage as opposed to the Xpander which is newer (2019) & lesser mileage ofcourse.
    I would choose the Xpander because it will be newer (and hopefully, lesser mileage)

Only reason I'm choosing the Rav-4 and HR-V is if the previous owner religiously followed the PMS schedule.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    For 750k, I would look for a used but decent condition Subaru Forester XT (2018-2018 models). You get great visibility, very good driving performance, high ground clearance, big interior & cargo space, and decent off-road capability. Other good options are the Honda CRV and Mazda CX5.

HRV is small for a crossover. It is practically a Jazz on stilts. I would never consider the Xpander. The RAV4 I would choose among the choices presented but despite being a Toyota, it is not as common as the other CUVs (Forester, CRV, CX5) mainly for the reason that ToyotaPH priced it ridiculously.

+1 with Egon's recommendation. I'm also shopping around for a 2nd hand Subaru Forester. I plan to use it for my family's car camping trip. The high ground clearance (I think it's 200mm or almosr 8 inch), AWD and excellent visibility are plus factors for me.

I see a lot of 2nd hand Forester offerings at FB marketplace. 500 to 800k seems to be the usual range. The XTs especially the stock ones are getting rare.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ito mga 2nd hand na between P700K to P800K

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast