New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi, i'm a newbie here and would like your opinion that will help me decide which unit I should acquire next year...January as the earliest. My considerations as follows;
    1. A 7- seater diesel engine driven SUV
    2. Budget of 1.3-1.5 mPHP
    3. GPS & multi-media ( backing camera is an option)
    4. FC
    5. If MT or AT, which one is more advantageous?

Please do not include Ford units as i have had several very bad experiences on my 2007 ford escape on the servicing ( in libis, commonwealth & global city) as well as on the suspension performance of the escape.

Thank you and looking forward to your feedback.
    Regards,
    boyski04

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    montero? yung iba kasi nasa 1.5m up na e

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Manual Sta Fe? Papasok ba sya sa 1.5M? Opps, Seven seater nga pala...Sorento 7 seater...Malabo rin...

Montero talaga or Fortuner...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks seymorebutts and mateomarco for a fast reply. It seems that at this point in time there are already 2 models to consider and probably there'll be more suggestions to come. Will wait for the other feedback and recommendations.
    Regards.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    montero and fortuner lang ang pasok sa budget mo e.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...51/index4.html

Sir, try mo lang kung mabubuksan mo yang thread na 'yan...
    Nabasa ko lang... One of the best advices i've ever read...
    Sir Silverspitz... hiniram ko lang... sana lang makatulong kay TS...
    Good Morning Tsikoteers

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    BTW, wala nga palang Gas and A/T ang mga Adventure. M/T and Diesel- fed lahat.
    And prices barely reached PHP900K.
    Best seller for "dukha" like me...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boyski04 View Post
    Hi, i'm a newbie here and would like your opinion that will help me decide which unit I should acquire next year...January as the earliest. My considerations as follows;
    4. FC

Please do not include Ford units as i have had several very bad experiences on my 2007 ford escape on the servicing ( in libis, commonwealth & global city) as well as on the suspension performance of the escape.

Regards,
    boyski04
    Kung gusto mabilis, Montero ka na. I always advice kung kaya mag-manual, manual nalang. Yung natipid mo sa purchase price (1.33M GLS-V M/T, 1.448M GLS-V A/T) ilang buwan, o sa iba ilang taong pang-gas narin. Mas matipid pa siya sa krudo.

Kung naliliitan ka sa Montero, ganun din sa Fortuner, if not worse. Then I'd suggest you check out the Alterra. Hindi siya ganon ka ganda tingnan pero mas maluwag sa loob, napakatipid tumakbo at napakatibay ng makina.

Sorry to hear about your Escape. We had an '03 2.0XLT, '10 2.3XLS and currently an '06 Tribute 2.3. Needless to say, napakasatisfied sa reliability and sturdiness of this car. Yung pang-ilalim nga ang pinakanagustuhan namin dito dahil ang tibay eh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boyski04 View Post
    4. FC

Regards,
    boyski04
    Since you have many criteria, your choices will be limited. Just search google.

As a couple of guys mentioned, Montero or Fortuner lang kasya sa budget.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks GTI for your input. I will consider them as well. Btw, In regards to my escape. I decided just recently to have it serviced at rapide for the 100k pms, there, i noticed that 3 bolts of the oil pan cover of the at fluid was sheared off and was just remedied by pasting a silicon. Traces of oil leaks were visible though not much. Then both sides under its suspension were damaged for wrong installation of the lifter. The unusual noise that i complained was never discovered though they assured me that there's no problem with it whereas in rapide, it was found out that 2 of its engine support and 1 transmission support was already damaged. Frustrating talaga. 2 shock absorbers in the front was also replaced due to leakage. Anyway, baka malas lang talaga at natyempuhan lang ako. Thanks again for sharing.
    Regards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which is which on 7-Seater diesel engine driven 4x2 SUV?