New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Yup, the current gen Grandia.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thank you Sir! But the current van is freaking expensive even for a second hand unit! Siguro mga ten years from now pa, pwede na!

I was listing down the option's pros and cons kagabi for me to decide kung alin and mas sulit...Kindly add kung meron pa akong nakalimutan...and please enlighten me in terms of maintenance cost if you have any idea...

Escapade
    Pros - Timing Chain, Tested Durability, Abundant Parts, Nice Ride
    Cons - Less powered engine compared to others, Cheap Interiors, Not that comfortable seats

Estate
    Pros - Timing Chain, Powerful Engine, aircon vents evenly distributed, presentable seating, Nice ride
    Cons - Not sure if engine parts are abundant, rear seats are not foldable to accommodate more luggage, seats cannot be fully reclined

Hi Ace - pre-2004/05 model
    Pros - Brand itself, Powerful engine, Durable Engine, Abundant Parts, Nice seats,
    Cons - Timing Belt, Every unit in the road looks the same! color white or silver! , No idea with the space, Pricey as compared to its year model, steel rims with hub cubs,

Starex GRX LWB
    Pros - Engine, Engine, Engine, Engine up front (ease of engine maintenance), comfortable seats,
    Cons - Interior space is a bit small specially at the rear portion, Availability
    Last edited by mateomarco; June 18th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang pangit sa Hiace ang ride quality. Napakatagtag kahit Grandia pa yun. Yun nga lang malakas ang hatak kumpara sa mga old school diesels at matipid din sa krudo. Tapus ang mahal, kahit yung Commuter lang.

I'd go with the Starex GRX. Its also much safer due to the presence of a hood, airbag and, I think, also ABS. As you know, ride comfort is its biggest ace along with the engine performance and also the most important thing the renters will appreciate.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yung old hiace/super grandia ba, leaf spring? may ABS/LSD ba sya? Yup, mahal pa nga resale value...2003 is at 600+++K...

Value for money talaga grx ang hirap makakita ng second hand unit...

Currently, given na hindi kasama ang starex, mas lamang ang nissan than the toyota...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK no ABS and LSD ang old Hiace. Ang alam ko leaf spring yung old Commuter, not sure about the Super Grandia. Magkalevel lang naman yan sa Urvan Escapade in terms of age and level of technology. The Urvan Estate is much more modern, and more reasonably priced.

I remember the family of a rich relative who used to always maintain a Pregio in their garage to ferry their 90+ year old family matriarch. They sell and change for another ever three years. Once they bought a Hiace Super Grandia for a change. Hindi nagustuhan ni 90+ year old lola, pangit daw sakyan. I found out not long after, binenta na kaagad yan and another new Pregio taking its place! Ngayon umuwi na sa kalangitan ang matandang lola at phased out na ang Pregio, but they still maintain a big passenger van in their garage. Grand Starex CRDi na ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yung bang Estate may ABS and LSD? Kung wla, napakaminimal lang pala ng difference with the escapade...engine, interior, aircon vents, and seats lang...

Yes, i remember that pregio...i usually ride a colorum one nung nagcocommute pa ako...it rides very smooth...makes me wonder, why kia did not release a new version of this...kung may grand starex ang hyundia, why not continue offering a flat nose van under kia? Sayang yung mga van na ito same as MB100/140...If only may circa year 2000+++ MB, i will highly consider it given the space...Maarte na kasi mga nagrerent ngayon...choosy!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Baka ayaw nila magcannibalize ng sales ng Grand Starex, considering that Hyundai owns Kia. Its probably the same reason why Hyundai doesn't have a minivan in their lineup.

According to Nissan's website, no ABS or LSD. Pareho ring rear leaf springs. Advantages over the Escapade besides those mentioned are power amenities and probably an improved crash structure.

You can probably consider also getting a last batch Pregio. These should already be tropicalized, still look pretty new, and are a fraction of the price of the Hiace. Like this one for example: Kia Pregio - 05 | Cars for sale Mandaluyong | AyosDito.ph Between this one and the Escapade, I'd definitely go for this one. But if I were you, I'd get one of these then save up for a bit and then get another Starex Jumbo.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Starex here power is good, handling and may nguso malaking bagay yun sa safety. One more thing hindi mainit sa pwet yung engine pag matagal ng naka upo. The only downsides of starex are turbo lag and medyo matakaw sa city driving. Parts are quite available naman agad. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Yung bang Estate may ABS and LSD? Kung wla, napakaminimal lang pala ng difference with the escapade...engine, interior, aircon vents, and seats lang...

Yes, i remember that pregio...i usually ride a colorum one nung nagcocommute pa ako...it rides very smooth...makes me wonder, why kia did not release a new version of this...kung may grand starex ang hyundia, why not continue offering a flat nose van under kia? Sayang yung mga van na ito same as MB100/140...If only may circa year 2000+++ MB, i will highly consider it given the space...Maarte na kasi mga nagrerent ngayon...choosy!

Kung sa rental mo madalas gagamitin sir mas ok yung Urvan Escapade mas ok yung FC compare sa Starex at Estate, syempre mas comfortable yung starex, yan nga ang gusto ng mga nagrerent, pero mas priority para sayo yung FC at maintenance, depende na lang kung ok yung deal mo sa mga rental, lalo din ngayon marami din competitor kaya kailangan kaya mo sabayan yung iba. may mga kaibigan din ako sa rental na gamit nila Starex at Estate, kailangan nila mag adjust ng price sa rental lage ng mas malaki para din sa expenses sa diesel at maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    kung rental ang bus. nyo...

stretch mo budget mo mag GRANDIA ka... ayan ang gusto ng mga renters ngayon...

starex... old model na yan... ang hanap na ng renters MODELO...

kung urvan at old hiace naman... medyo jurasic na din ang dating nun sa renters...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast