New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Guys! Need your expert advise..We sold our 1999 starex lwb/jumbo and we would want to opt for an upgrade...for a budget of 650K, anong mga options na pwede kong pagpilian? Top of mind is Hi Ace and Estate...Primary use if for rent a van and family use as well...naisip ko ring magupgrade to starex GRX but i would want to try something different...Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At 650K, baka hindi maganda yung condisyon ng Hiace na makukuha mo. I think the best bet would still be a CRDi Starex; especially if you can find a LWB/Jumbo model. We had one at the office before and it was the preferred van for long trips.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yun din iniisip ko...Swerte nung nakabili ng starex ko na kahit luma na yun, sobrang alaga at kundisyon nun...ironic kasi ako naman ang nagkukumahog na buyer from a recent seller! Pero kelangan na talaga palitan kasi may kalumaan narin...Is a CRDI good for a second hand purchase? parang takot ako eh...iniisip ko GRX pero good old TCI engine parin...
    Last edited by mateomarco; June 17th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Yun din iniisip ko...Swerte nung nakabili ng starex ko na kahit luma na yun, sobrang alaga at kundisyon nun...ironic kasi ako naman ang nagkukumahog na buyer from a recent seller! Is a CRDI good for a second hand purchase? parang takot ako eh...iniisip ko GRX pero good old TCI engine parin...
    From the looks of what i see out on the road, the old Hyundai CRDis (2003-2005 model) seem to be holding out well if you're talking about the engines. Tyempo lang talaga (as with any second hand). I'd think these would have less headaches then an Urvan Estate.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup, pansin ko rin...In terms of interior space, how do you rank estate, hiace, and starex? Nakasakay nako both estate and starex and i think mas maluwag yung estate though mas comfortable seats ng starex...If in terms of urvan, what is the safer choice? Estate (3.0) o Escapade (2.7)?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Yup, pansin ko rin...In terms of interior space, how do you rank estate, hiace, and starex? Nakasakay nako both estate and starex and i think mas maluwag yung estate though mas comfortable seats ng starex...If in terms of urvan, what is the safer choice? Estate (3.0) o Escapade (2.7)?
    Mag Starex ka na lang ulit. Since halos saulo mo na rin ang pros and cons ng van. At mas decente tignan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maganda yung seats nung Starex but the rear of the Jumbo is already tight (Depending on the adjustment). If you're talking of safer choice in terms of maintenance, best bet would be to find a privately owned Urvan 2.7L but of course, eto yung pinaka walang safety features and very basic lang talaga in terms of power and stuff. If i were in your shoes, maghahanap talaga ako ng Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo. Bihira nga lang talaga.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Actually, we still have our 2002 starex jumbo... kaya lang, im still thinking if i would opt for a different model...isa sa problem ko talaga sa starex is medyo masikip lalu na duon sa likod...this is important for us lalo na sa mga rent a van duties...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^For space, one of the best for me (short of an E150) is the Hiace Grandia but the cargo space is a bit limited.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i assume thats the new grandia right?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast