New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I am in the same dilemma. In narrowing my choices, I have ruled out the ranger because of the percieved high cost of maintenance and more importantly the lack of rear differential lock or at least some kind of limited slip rear differential. I seriously considered the navarra el 4x4 mt. However, the dealer informed me that this variant is currently not available in most dealerships nationwide. The VL navarra is already too expensive. It seems I might have to go with the hilux. The only thing holding me back is the stiff ride.

Which is the best for hauling stuff and doing it in bad terrain? Which one would last more than a decade?
    [/QUOTE]

There are aftermarket shock absorbers available for the hilux. I would go for the 10way ridemax or 9way toughdog.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    pinakamahal pala Ranger to maintain, isama na din natin old strada and navarra entry level mas mura ba mag maintain nito?

personally, i like the ranger then navarra, gaano ba katipid sa FC itong mga pickup with these 2.0L - 2.5L engines, in 60 kph average?

sorry po sa TS kung me Qs na 4x2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00nman View Post
    pinakamahal pala Ranger to maintain, isama na din natin old strada and navarra entry level mas mura ba mag maintain nito?

personally, i like the ranger then navarra, gaano ba katipid sa FC itong mga pickup with these 2.0L - 2.5L engines, in 60 kph average?

sorry po sa TS kung me Qs na 4x2
    you can download the ranger maintenance cost here

Ford Philippines | Maintenance Service

once you add the cost for 5years or 60000km, tell us again how expensive itd be..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Mga Sir, makikisali na rin ako. Pasensya na. Ang pinagpipilian ko ngayon ay Toyota Hilux 2.4 E MT at Nissan Navara 4x4 EL MT. Importante sa akin is ride comfort, matipid sa fuel at mura sa maintenance. Alin kaya dito sa dalawa?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker101 View Post
    Mga Sir, makikisali na rin ako. Pasensya na. Ang pinagpipilian ko ngayon ay Toyota Hilux 2.4 E MT at Nissan Navara 4x4 EL MT. Importante sa akin is ride comfort, matipid sa fuel at mura sa maintenance. Alin kaya dito sa dalawa?
    GOoD luck sa pagbili mo sir, let us what you would get and pricing, payment scheme hehe

thanks, Stock for the rAnger PMS info, ang question na lang siguro is how coslty yung ibang parts

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    bro the hilux has the worst suspension aka stiff. if you live in the province with bad roads. baka magka stiff neck ka. cervical spine issues, thoracic and lumbar too lol. a suspension upgrade might address this issue.

the night and day phrase here works nicely. the Navara is the best riding pickup. though comfort is still far from a midsize or even a compact like a civic.

both will consume almost the same fuel.

as for maintenance.. nissan is promoting every 10,000km oil changes.. like what ford is doing.

after warranty has finished...

maintenance cost is the same imo, clutch replacement. suspension parts, brake pads, engine oils and filters. ac filters.

alternator or compressor failures will probably occur after 5-10 years depending on usage.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Salamat sa mga nag reply. For the Navara ang alam ko ay 20k na yata ang interval ng oil change. Sa ngayon mukhang 60% in favor of Navara.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Salamat sa mga nag reply. For the Navara ang alam ko ay 20k na yata ang interval ng oil change. Sa ngayon mukhang 60% in favor of Navara.
    kung matangkad ka bro. pinakamasikip ang 2nd row ng navara according to reviews. we still wont get the newly revised steering ratio also. so heavy steering. so thats 2 things to keep in mind.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kung matangkad ka bro. pinakamasikip ang 2nd row ng navara according to reviews. we still wont get the newly revised steering ratio also. so heavy steering. so thats 2 things to keep in mind.
    Noted bro. Salamat.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    The only other option I was considering was the navarra EL 4x4. However, walang available unit for this particular variant. Pero sa totoo lang, My heart and mind is really for the hilux. In my opinion kasi, the ride quality is the only advantage of the navarra over the hilux. So, I finally decided to order the hilux yesterday. I went around and compared prices for the bumper, stepboard, bedliner, oem mags and tires. Mga 50-60k po lahat. Not bad at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast