New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    All priced nearly to each other; all pick-ups, all with 4x4.

Which is the best for hauling stuff and doing it in bad terrain? Which one would last more than a decade?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'm going Toyota with this. primarily because better steering. the suspension is really built to haul heavy items. You will have plenty of 3party options after 10years. The 2.4Liter engine is built to have maximum reliability. Toyota did not downsize too much. They didn't push too much boost with their turbo. You also get a differential lock in case you're really in slippery offroad situations.

Isuzu philippines has really removed alot of features on the Dmax LT. And its too expensive. No airbags? No ABS? 16inch wheels? lol

Isuzu even had the audacity to put the 5 speed manual transimission!!! You can't even download the specs from IsuzuPH's website.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ever since I hated pick-up pero eto Ranger ko parang love ko to kahit company car ko lang

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hauling stuff and bad roads matic ako Hilux. Bias ako kasi i use 1.

Once loaded 13-15 sacks of rice sa bed ng hilux low-rider hindi nagreklamo aside sa dumapa lang yung likod. Kailangan lang sobra bagal takbo kasi hirap habulin yung brakes. Hehe

Too bare yung isuzu but for hauling stuff i know it gets the job done.

Ranger complete package sana but may kulang para saakin na hindi ko ma-pinpoint..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    kulang sa paligo? Pero hinde eh pinaka pogi Ranger sa lahat

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    TS wanted to know which would last a decade?

I currently own a raptor but I came from a hilux revo, I personally think the hilux will last for years more so than its competitors.

With regards to looks, kanya kanya na yan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    They will all last more than a decade if well taken cared. DMAx will be the most frugal to operate and maintain while the ford will be the most costlier.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    They will all last more than a decade if well taken cared. DMAx will be the most frugal to operate and maintain while the ford will be the most costlier.
    if casa maintained. the isuzu dmax will cost the most while the ford will require yearly visit lng.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    We have Dmaxes, Hiluxes, NP300s, Tritrons, Rangers in the fleet. After warrenty expired the Ford is costlier. I've seen one with engine out of the bay because of oil-priming issue. Also ford parts are costlier, hard-to source out because of limited supplier. The new one is not as reliable as the old ford that you could easily swap parts from Mazda.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I am in the same dilemma. In narrowing my choices, I have ruled out the ranger because of the percieved high cost of maintenance and more importantly the lack of rear differential lock or at least some kind of limited slip rear differential. I seriously considered the navarra el 4x4 mt. However, the dealer informed me that this variant is currently not available in most dealerships nationwide. The VL navarra is already too expensive. It seems I might have to go with the hilux. The only thing holding me back is the stiff ride.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast