New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Been thinking about this.. Di ko sinama Ranger sa options since kahit anuman pa ang super ganda nya, the long term ownership experience is quite hard to appreciate..

Was all set to go for Strada until I talked to someone who owned Isuzu then rexently got a Strada - ang layo daw ng fuel consumption between the two.. Sobra tipid daw isuzu vs strada..

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    Been thinking about this.. Di ko sinama Ranger sa options since kahit anuman pa ang super ganda nya, the long term ownership experience is quite hard to appreciate..

Was all set to go for Strada until I talked to someone who owned Isuzu then rexently got a Strada - ang layo daw ng fuel consumption between the two.. Sobra tipid daw isuzu vs strada..

Believer ako ng Hilux na 2.4 engine sa sobrang lakas ng hatak naiiwan puso ko kapag raratratin

Kung city driving/light load driving lang i guess the 1.9 would have the advantage sa fuel consumption against the others.
    Last edited by Sleepcare; June 6th, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017

Well, they sport different engine sizes. 1.9 li. vs. 2.5 li. So that would account for the disparity in fuel consumption/economy. If you're not finicky about creature comforts, then I guess Isuzu is your choice.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

the 1.9L with the Manual transmission is the most frugal..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014

Ask that someone how was the ride comfort between the 2.
    Then decide.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    No replacement for displacement!

I'd guess 90% of our typical city driving fuel consumption is from idling or inching along in traffic. At such low loads a smaller engine will use much less fuel, especially diesels coz even at 'just' 1.9li it still has ample low-end torque.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Believer ako ng Hilux na 2.4 engine sa sobrang lakas ng hatak naiiwan puso ko kapag raratratin

Kung city driving/light load driving lang i guess the 1.9 would have the advantage sa fuel consumption against the others.
    On paper, it seems strada has more power and torque vs hikux 2.4l

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Ute? Australian ka?

Based on look alone, I think the Hilux will age better. So kung plan mo sya gamitin for a long time (10-15 years), I think maganda pa din sya tignan sa kalsada...

Personally, not unless kailangan mo for business, I think di talaga pwede ang pick-up na open ang likod sa atin...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015

TS, just make sure that the source of the power figures are the same. (whp and bhp)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Yes, on paper the strada has more power if we are going to use the 2.4 mivec engine as sample.

But sa actual, you can feel na medyo mas magaan yung torque ng toyota 2gd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast