New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Which is among the best from TRAILBLAZER 4X2 AT, FORTUNER AT & MONTERO SPORT 4X2 AT all in VGT diesel Variant !!!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Trailblazer, because its new and its 200HP, 500Nm torque..resale value? alagaan mo lang sasakyan mo. Piyesa? sa dami ng tumatakbo diyan impossibleng di sila magpasok ng sangkaterbang piyesa.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For me, Montero Sport GLS-V.

With discounts of around 80k, it becomes significantly cheaper than the Fortuner 2.5 G and Trailblazer 2.8 LT.

Say what you want about the mechanically superior Trailblazer, but the tried and tested 4D56 of the Montero isn't a slouch either.

Primary reason why I don't like the Trailblazer is that it's ugly. If you like its looks, then go for it over the Montero.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Trailblazer, because its new and its 200HP, 500Nm torque..resale value? alagaan mo lang sasakyan mo. Piyesa? sa dami ng tumatakbo diyan impossibleng di sila magpasok ng sangkaterbang piyesa.
    I'll bet my own car that the MS and Fort will still have better resale than an immaculate Trailblazer.

I'm also quite sure that there are more parts for the 4D56 of the Montero than the new engine in the Chevy. Even the 2KD-FTV of the Fort has abundant third-party supply because it's also used in the Innova, Hilux, and Hiace. As for under-chassis parts such as suspension, these 2 giants have been around for at least half a decade longer. Surely they will have cheaper parts outside than the relatively new Trailblazer, especially as the TB isn't exactly a sales blockbuster.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pwede pwede, thats the same argument my uncle was telling me re the montero, he's planning to get one..tama naman kayo...but for me lang if Im getting, parang lahat na kasi ng tao yan ang dina drive..may lumilipad sa skyway, may umaararo ng bystanders sa commonwealth, inaarmalite sa laguna, dinadrive ng kapitbahay ko, ng kapatid ko, ng bayaw, ng 3 sa inner circle na barkada ko, opismate ni misis etc etc..maiba lang ba.as for the resale, we dont know that yet, pero siguro naman yung difference ng bentahan in the future di siguro kapantay ng ngiti ko araw araw for lets say ilan taon ko ginagamit yung sasakyan sa tuwing binabaon ko silinyador at yung torque eh pumapalo na....

But thats just me, IF I'm getting one of these.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i understand sir jut na di nagagandahan sa trailblazer. ako di naman ako napapangitan pero di rin ako nagagandahan. mas pogi pa rin montero para sakin. pero by specs, wala e, mas ok talaga trailblazer

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Maganda to. Madugong komparahan ng frame base SUV. D kasali yung new everest at MUX?

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Trailblazer!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    Which is among the best from TRAILBLAZER 4X2 AT, FORTUNER AT & MONTERO SPORT 4X2 AT all in VGT diesel Variant !!!

Best has 3 categories
    1. Most suitable and dependable
    2. Most effective and successful
    3. Most outstanding and noticeable

Among the 3 choices you given for the Philippine market...

Most suitable and dependable to date is the Fortuner. It came first among the choices. It stood the test of time. A solid proof of suitability and dependability.

Most effective and successful to date is the Montero.

Most outstanding and noticeable to date is the Traiblazer. Like moving up and during commencement exercises there should only be one. But being most outstanding is not always a guarantee for a success.
    Fortuner and Montero was also outstanding and noticeable before. Unfortunately only time could tell if Trailblazer is also suitable, dependable, effective and successful. But for sure, during that time there will be another outstanding and noticeable SUV in the market.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    sigurado may hihirit mamaya na bakit hindi nalang santa fe hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4X2 AT SUV Best Buy