New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Hehe I'm not too keen on getting a 4x4 since the vehicle will be in the city 99% of the time I'm sure. For the Strada, is the GLX a completely different vehicle from the GL? or did they just add some accessories? Price gap seems to be huge between the two
    Yes the price difference is a big leap. I think it is safe to assume that comparing the 4x2 GL over the 4x2 GLX, the difference would be all cosmetic, you know, better sound system, foglights, chrome accents ... etc.

IIRC, the 4x2 GLX at 983k is the cheapest "decent" pickup out there.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the feedback vinj! Any chance you have photos of your Hilux? Did you replace the stock rims and add the bumper and stepper?
    I added the rims, an OEM rear bumper, and a step board.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thanks lowslowbenz! i need to visit a dealer to look at the strada too. The sub 1m Hilux I saw in the dealer was lower and looked like it was a company fleet car for hauling not so heavy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yes the price difference is a big leap. I think it is safe to assume that comparing the 4x2 GL over the 4x2 GLX, the difference would be all cosmetic, you know, better sound system, foglights, chrome accents ... etc.

IIRC, the 4x2 GLX at 983k is the cheapest "decent" pickup out there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thanks for the photo vinj! your hilux looks nice and clean. So now I guess the pickup trucks I'm looking are all priced competitively. At almost 1.1M, I can get the Hilux, NP300 and Strada 4x2 manual versions with basic features. I will take time to look at these and decide.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I added the rims, an OEM rear bumper, and a step board.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the photo vinj! your hilux looks nice and clean. So now I guess the pickup trucks I'm looking are all priced competitively. At almost 1.1M, I can get the Hilux, NP300 and Strada 4x2 manual versions with basic features. I will take time to look at these and decide.
    Test drive, and compare the estimated periodic maintenance fees for each. That will be a big help in making your decision.

I used a Camry for my trip north last weekend and when i got into the Hilux on Monday morning, the ride just bit me hard.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Test drive, and compare the estimated periodic maintenance fees for each. That will be a big help in making your decision.

I used a Camry for my trip north last weekend and when i got into the Hilux on Monday morning, the ride just bit me hard.
    Vinj, your hilux looks like the MT G or the 2.8 4x4 and i love it! May i know how much did you spend for the upgrade? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post
    Vinj, your hilux looks like the MT G or the 2.8 4x4 and i love it! May i know how much did you spend for the upgrade? Thanks

Wait til you see it now with the fender flares. 😍

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

For the rims if you really look around you can get a good set for 50K more or less. I spent around 48K on mine (new rims and new Achilles tyres, and i traded in the stock steelies). You can find new Hilux G rims and tyres for around 35K. If you want the Aussie look, the OEM 18s from a Fortuner together with tyres will set one back around 45K.

OEM bumpers cost around 8K and an OEM stepboard is around 6K IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wait til you see it now with the fender flares. 😍

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Hehehehe...

With the flares though, the temptation to go for a 2-inch lift and use 275/55R20 tyres increases as well.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    QUOTE from vinj For the rims if you really look around you can get a good set for 50K more or less. I spent around 48K on mine (new rims and new Achilles tyres, and i traded in the stock steelies). You can find new Hilux G rims and tyres for around 35K. If you want the Aussie look, the OEM 18s from a Fortuner together with tyres will set one back around 45K.

OEM bumpers cost around 8K and an OEM stepboard is around 6K IIRC.

thanks for sharing. that was a very wise decision when you chose the E over the G and that is from the wisdom of a car enthusiast! very seldom can you see that nowadays.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for sharing. that was a very wise decision when you chose the E over the G and that is from the wisdom of a car enthusiast! very seldom can you see that nowadays.
    It really depends on the buyer. In my case, and with some guys i know as well, I get along fine with the basics of a decent interior (need not be leather... but driving position is a factor i consider), standard power amenities, a decent radio, and the usual safety features of ABS and airbags. This is why my usual new car purchases are the the mid level variants since the other add-ons i like are usually things that I prefer to add on my own. If i wanted an A/T, i'd have to still get the G variant though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast