New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    *GTi - what particular variant of the Santa Fe are your referring to? I'm not really a follower of Hyundai but I might consider this because diesel.

*dr. d & Egan101 - do you have other models in mind aside from those listed? Do you think the Civic I posted is a good buy at 380k (assuming no major issues)?

*bloowolf - Somehow the old M3 has not really been an option for me. But I had the 2015 hatchback which I really liked.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    *GTi - what particular variant of the Santa Fe are your referring to? I'm not really a follower of Hyundai but I might consider this because diesel.

*dr. d & Egan101 - do you have other models in mind aside from those listed? Do you think the Civic I posted is a good buy at 380k (assuming no major issues)?

*bloowolf - Somehow the old M3 has not really been an option for me. But I had the 2015 hatchback which I really liked.
    This generation of Santa Fe has only 3 variants. the 2.7V6 4x4, the 2.2CRDi 4x2 and 4x4. I'd go with the 4x2 for best possible fuel efficiency for this model.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006

The Civic FD is priced decently at 380k, knowing that 2011 is the last year of release of that Civic's generation.

Midsize cars have lower resale value but a low mileage one will be a good value for the used car buyer. If you ask me, I'd look at the 8th gen Accord (2008-2012) instead of the Camry. The Accord offers the same space as the Camry but offers a much better and responsive drive. The Accord 2.4 is even quicker on the road than the Civic.

How about a subcompact as an alternative? You can get a newer subcompact (City, Jazz, Fiesta, Vios) for around the same budget. Shameless plug on my end, I'm letting go of my 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost to make room for a newer car.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Just saw a 2008 Impreza. Thoughts?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hatchback? It looks better than the sedan model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Full time AWD means do not expect much in terms of fuel efficiency. Parts are also not as readily available as the more mainstream brands.

If you really like it, and/or go to the track or mountains a lot, then go ahead.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Full time AWD means do not expect much in terms of fuel efficiency. Parts are also not as readily available as the more mainstream brands.

If you really like it, and/or go to the track or mountains a lot, then go ahead.

An AWD vehicle is as good as any other vehicle for a daily driver. A lot of people with AWD cars don’t even bring their rides to the track or mountain roads. It just offers better traction compared to an FWD or RWD vehicle.

The Impreza is as plain as any other compact car with the exception of its AWD layout and its 2.0L boxer engine. Its turbo brothers, the WRX and WRX STi, are the sportier models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Hi guys any suggestions - planning to get a 2nd hand with a budget of 350k-375k

Planning to sell it after 3-4 years
    Daily driver - 50km daily
    Sedan or SUV
    Fuel efficient
    Enough leg room for a tall driver
    Pogi pa rin

Please also throw in notes what to look for when checking your suggested model

Currently I'm talking to 2 sellers
    - 2011 Civic 1.8s, 380k, 50k odo
    - 2009 Camry 2.4G, 370k, 75k odo
    You'd still have to consider your fuel and maintenance budget as they tend to be on the steeper side as the older and the bigger engine the car gets.

Will it be also your first car? Then consider parking and burloloy (accessories) expenses as well.

If you want to err on the fuel efficient side, then the left field 2014 Accent diesel would suit you just fine. It is newer compared to your bigger options, frugal, proven durable, and can be fun to ride. Just don't make the mistake of having your PMS at the casa coz they will rob you there.

If however your priority is on the pogi side, you can't go wrong with the civic you mentioned, parts and maintenance wise.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Choose between Civic or altis.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Hi guys any suggestions - planning to get a 2nd hand with a budget of 350k-375k

Planning to sell it after 3-4 years
    Daily driver - 50km daily
    Sedan or SUV
    Fuel efficient
    Enough leg room for a tall driver
    Pogi pa rin

Please also throw in notes what to look for when checking your suggested model

Currently I'm talking to 2 sellers
    - 2011 Civic 1.8s, 380k, 50k odo
    - 2009 Camry 2.4G, 370k, 75k odo
    Rule of thumb for me when buying a second-hand car, I set aside about 20% of my budget for maintenance or any unforeseen breakdown. So if my overall budget is 350k, I will buy a car that is around 280k and set aside 70k half of which I will use for maintenance (brake pads, engine/transmision oil, timing belts, suspension, aircon cleaning, etc) then the half I will set aside for any unforeseen breakdowns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast