New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi guys any suggestions - planning to get a 2nd hand with a budget of 350k-375k

Planning to sell it after 3-4 years
    Daily driver - 50km daily
    Sedan or SUV
    Fuel efficient
    Enough leg room for a tall driver
    Pogi pa rin

Please also throw in notes what to look for when checking your suggested model

Currently I'm talking to 2 sellers
    - 2011 Civic 1.8s, 380k, 50k odo
    - 2009 Camry 2.4G, 370k, 75k odo

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the camry is nice. but it gargles gas.

if i may sugggest, get an auv/mpv/suv.
    with a little patience and luck, a diesel innova J (only comes in MT).
    it will bring your fuel costs down.
    it's not pogi, but it is a comfortable enough drive, even for big and/or tall drivers.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 12th, 2018 at 12:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Mazda 3? I’ve always liked this car ever since. Became COTY. Heard it has low resale value.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the camry is nice. but it gargles gas.

if i may sugggest, get an auv/mpv/suv.
    with a little patience and luck, a diesel innova J (only comes in MT).
    it will bring your fuel costs down.
    it's not pogi, but it is a comfortable enough drive, even for big and/or tall drivers.
    Sorry forgot to mention, I prefer matic.

[

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    the 1.8 civic matic will do. more fuel efficient than its rivals and still looks good

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Hi guys any suggestions - planning to get a 2nd hand with a budget of 350k-375k

Planning to sell it after 3-4 years
    Daily driver - 50km daily
    Sedan or SUV
    Fuel efficient
    Enough leg room for a tall driver
    Pogi pa rin

Please also throw in notes what to look for when checking your suggested model

Currently I'm talking to 2 sellers
    - 2011 Civic 1.8s, 380k, 50k odo
    - 2009 Camry 2.4G, 370k, 75k odo
    50km daily... Does it include a lot of highway?

I'd go for diesels. Even if the gap between gas and diesel is getting narrower lately, the difference is still significant, especially in the long run.

2nd gen Santa Fe. Earlier units are already in the 300+k range. Excellent long distance tourer. Being based on the Sonata platform, behaves quite like a midsize sedan but with the advantage of a diesel engine and additional ground clearance and wading depth. Engine was spectacular back in the day, and still considered decent by today's standards. 100 comes in around 10-11 seconds at a shade below 2000rpm, tops out around 210. City gas mileage is admittedly not the greatest, especially for a lead-footed driver like me. A family friend who drives a 2009 Fortuner 2.5AT said he gets around 6km/L pure city... which I am also getting. Highway should easily do double, if not more, with a light foot. Space is great for the 1st and 2nd rows, and tolerable for the 3rd row (I am 5"10). Though there is hardly any cargo space with the 3rd row up. What to look out for... Nothing particularly major, really. I did have to replace a leaking power steering hose last year, change my shocks, stab links and rear bump stops earlier this year (07 model, around 80+k mileage), but understandable given its age. Engine supports! Look out for out-of-the-ordinary vibration during acceleration and when stopped with gearshift in "D".

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    that 50 km daily drive (balik-an, i presume).
    if camry, that's over 350 bucks of fuel a day (by my "pulled out of the air" estimate).
    if innova J diesel, that'd be about 230 pesos.
    if civic, it'd probably be somewhere in between.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 12th, 2018 at 01:02 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    50km daily... Does it include a lot of highway?

I'd go for diesels. Even if the gap between gas and diesel is getting narrower lately, the difference is still significant, especially in the long run.

2nd gen Santa Fe. Earlier units are already in the 300+k range. Excellent long distance tourer. Being based on the Sonata platform, behaves quite like a midsize sedan but with the advantage of a diesel engine and additional ground clearance and wading depth. Engine was spectacular back in the day, and still considered decent by today's standards. 100 comes in around 10-11 seconds at a shade below 2000rpm, tops out around 210. City gas mileage is admittedly not the greatest, especially for a lead-footed driver like me. A family friend who drives a 2009 Fortuner 2.5AT said he gets around 6km/L pure city... which I am also getting. Highway should easily do double, if not more, with a light foot. Space is great for the 1st and 2nd rows, and tolerable for the 3rd row (I am 5"10). Though there is hardly any cargo space with the 3rd row up. What to look out for... Nothing particularly major, really. I did have to replace a leaking power steering hose last year, change my shocks, stab links and rear bump stops earlier this year (07 model, around 80+k mileage), but understandable given its age. Engine supports! Look out for out-of-the-ordinary vibration during acceleration and when stopped with gearshift in "D".

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Not really. Will pass by Coastal Road but traffic there is horrendous too 😂 getting better lately though

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that 50 km daily drive (balik-an, i presume).
    if camry, that's over 350 bucks of fuel a day (by my "pulled out of the air" estimate).
    if innova J diesel, that'd be about 230 pesos.
    if civic, it'd probably be somewhere in between.
    Yes, balikan na 50k. I prefer the Civic over the Camry actually, kasi I feel like I could sell the Civic easier after 3-4 years.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    I prefer the Civic over the Camry actually, kasi I feel like I could sell the Civic easier after 3-4 years.
    yespo.
    it takes a $pecial breed to own a camry.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 12th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Civic over the Camry for a daily driver. However, if you need an extra car that provides decent interior comfort and big enough for a road trip, then get the Camry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast