New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If the car is for keeps, then I'd go for the 3.2. Since your uncle is the previous owner, you should have a pretty good idea of how he uses the car. If it's OK with you, then get it. Since he's your uncle, you'd probably be able to get very flexible paying schemes. Kahit hulugan siguro hindi naman problema at siguro naman eh walang interest. And since you're relatives, hindi ka naman tatakbo diba? If it is in good condition, get it. The 4M41 engine is definitely better than the 4D56. It's in a more relaxed state of tune and should you want to go the tuning route, it has more potential. The torque curve is also flatter and broader. The 4D56 is relatively lifeless before the turbo kicks in and it has a torque peak and not a torque plateau. And then again, the 4D56 is known for smoke belching issues even when relatively new.

But that is just me. If you are particular with fuel consumption, are not interested in tweaking with cars or go off road a lot, then I suppose the new GLX-V would be the one for you. But if you're getting through financing, remember that you stand to lose a lot as compared to paying it all at one go. Sa interest palang talo ka na.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If its just the Egr that needs to be done, and no other problems are there I'd go with 3.2... Yeah in 2 years it'll be a dacade old, but I dont think it'll have suspension problems. Its a 4x4 ladder frame SUV made to tackle Off-road trails far worst than Metro Manila Roads... in short its built tough...all SUV's are.. thats the difference between SUV's vs. Cars or auv's.

But if he just wants the New car feel and FC is top priority (I doubt if the difference in FC is that Big). Go with the new 4x2

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    my younger brother opted for the 2nd hand gls monty for 1m 500k down and the rest payable for 2 years no interest kasi uncle naman sweet deal for a 35+++ km mileage........thnx

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Sweet choice. I would've gone for it, if I were in his shoes.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Get the gls v a/t. Power is better than the 3.2 4m41. More economical and with cruise control pa and ceiling Aircon paddle shifts etc.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raycon_24 View Post
    my younger brother opted for the 2nd hand gls monty for 1m 500k down and the rest payable for 2 years no interest kasi uncle naman sweet deal for a 35+++ km mileage........thnx
    Great deal sir!!!! Bait ng uncle niyo!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_max168 View Post
    Get the gls v a/t. Power is better than the 3.2 4m41. More economical and with cruise control pa and ceiling Aircon paddle shifts etc.

I agree.
    But seems the TS decision is final!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Great deal sir!!!! Bait ng uncle niyo!
    naingit ata sa anak niya na naka bili ng new lc200, bibili din daw siya ng bago, kaya nya inofer sa brother ko .......... ganoon ata talaga pag tumatanda nagiging maluho din.........sana benta din niya gen coupe nya sa akin ng mura di rin nagagamit

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raycon_24 View Post
    naingit ata sa anak niya na naka bili ng new lc200, bibili din daw siya ng bago, kaya nya inofer sa brother ko .......... ganoon ata talaga pag tumatanda nagiging maluho din.........sana benta din niya gen coupe nya sa akin ng mura di rin nagagamit
    Kung may pambili no problem, masuwere pa kapamilya niya! hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    brand new! anytime of the day...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
3 YEARS OLD MONTERO GLS 3.2 4x4  FOR 1M or brand new glxv 2.5 4x2