New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yah, the AT isn't always a problem, ika nga, like the cam position sensor, there's merely a small chance that it will act up. But best to be prepared, diba?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    OT (and apologies in advance, just in case, hehehe): my fiancee is selling her ford lynx ghia. those interested can PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    wow dami na pala reply... thanks guys esp to niki for that very informative tips. yes yung nakita ko gsi is mt. btw, malakas ba consumption ng lynx gsi na mt? in fact, my option is between the lynx and sentra fe or exalta 1.5. the reason is because para maiba naman and para mas mababa resell value. you have other recommendaitions? i believe mas mababa maintenance and consumption ng nissan, and nagustuhan ko lang sa ford aside sa mura is yung mga features nya.. medyo natatakol lang ako baka kasi sumakit ulo ko sa maintenance.

thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    OT (and apologies in advance, just in case, hehehe): my fiancee is selling her ford lynx ghia. those interested can PM me.

manual ba yan.. kung mura and maganda condition why not

sorry i dont know how to pm. pls send me the number nalng. thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    just dont get the Sentra FE...the Exalta DS (1.5 N16) seems good too.
    how about
    ~99-00Honda City Type Z 1.3Lxi
    ~98-99Toyota Corolla XE (AE111)
    ~98-99Nissan Sentra EXSaloon (b14 S4)alpwr.
    ~00 Nissan Sentra EXSaloon (EXalta-look)
    ~01 Nissan Sentra Exalta DS (1.5L)
    ~99-01 Ford Lynx GSi/Ghia

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    just dont get the Sentra FE...the Exalta DS (1.5 N16) seems good too.
    how about
    ~99-00Honda City Type Z 1.3Lxi
    ~98-99Toyota Corolla XE (AE111)
    ~98-99Nissan Sentra EXSaloon (b14 S4)alpwr.
    ~00 Nissan Sentra EXSaloon (EXalta-look)
    ~01 Nissan Sentra Exalta DS (1.5L)
    ~99-01 Ford Lynx GSi/Ghia
    ano po reason why not the sentra fe? maganda kasi reviews nito kaya nagustuhan ko din

exalta pwede pero wala ako makita maganda condition

honda city type z - medyo naliliitan ako
    corolla - very common for me gusto ko iba naman
    sentra ex saloon exalta look - pwede
    sentra exalta ds - medyo mahal pa ( budget ko 280k sagad na po)
    lynx - yes im very much considering it pero may doubt lang po ako sa maintenance

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    coz if you want to save gas the Sentra FE with its DOHC 16v 1.3L CARBURETOR is not the way to go...

head towards EFI ones....i have nothing against Sentra FE. i think its a good car.
    EXSaloon Sentras are EFIs.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If you have a particular liking for the Lynx, then it's not a bad car. Maintenance is not a problem if you wont mind putting non-OEM parts like shocks or other suspension parts. And about that sensor, I'm one owner who unfortunately had that problem, and it's not 5000, it's more like 7500 pesos incl labor and diagnostics, probably, labor costs 2,500 kaya 7500 yung inabot sa kin = )

NEWAY, it's a reliable car and it's fun to drive as well. It's not that slow but as with all other 1.6s, it tends to flat-out in the open highway. Gas consumption is probably in the 7-9 kpl mixed driving. Highways, it may go up to 12 or may even push to 13 depending on your driving style.

I enjoyed owning the Lynx, but I almost sold mine a few weeks ago fearing for the high cost of parts as it's almost 5 years old. I have this notion that 5 or more y/o cars need more maintenance than a younger one - or it could only be me = ).

So, to summarize, OEM parts are expensive, but you can get good replacement parts for the same cost as other brand's. And, it's a fun car to drive. Just dont expect too much from it hehe.

ayaw mo exalta STA? I believe nasa price range na rin sya ng budget mo. nice car esp. with sunroof and everything...hehehe..kase i own one..

BTW, thanks niky.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    ayaw mo exalta STA? I believe nasa price range na rin sya ng budget mo. nice car esp. with sunroof and everything...hehehe..kase i own one..

BTW, thanks niky.

ok lang din po basta yung 1.5l lang. wala ko makita maganda condition usually madumi yung loob. I want to buy a car na konti nalang papaayos and ayoko madumi loob gusto ko amoy bago pa din

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
2nd hand Ford Lynx still a good buy?