New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Need help deciding between Fortuner 2.4 G AT and MUX 3.0 AT. Actually, I'm currently leaning towards the MUX but I want to be convinced to get the Toyota.

Please note that Everest, Trailblazer and Montero are out of the question. I've considered them initially and have narrowed down to these two specific variants. Anyhow, I've listed down some specs, pros and cons below.

Spec === Fortuner === MUX
    Engine === 2GD-FTV === 4JJ1
    Displacement === 2.4 === 3
    Power === 147 * 3400 === 163 * 3200
    Torque === 400 * 1600 - 2000 === 380 * 1800-2200
    Trans === 6 speed === 5 speed
    Dimensions (L x W x H) === 4795 x 1855 x 1835 === 4825 x 1860 x 1840
    Wheelbase === 2745 === 2845
    Ground clearance === 193 === 230
    Price === 1.476 === 1.398
    Discount === no discount === 20K

Fortuner
    Pros
    Better looking (exterior)
    Better design and materials (interior)
    Toyota branding/reputation
    All-new model
    Better resale
    Euro 4 engine
    Easier to source spare parts (eventually)
    Gate type shifter
    Roomier inside?
    Cheaper maintenance?
    Better after sales?

Cons
    Higher SRP (~80K) considering stripped features
    Chamoise (yellow/beige) fabric interior
    Rear drum brakes
    4 link rear suspension
    Being all new, engine/tranny are unproven and there might be issues
    no backing up sensor/camera
    higher insurane cost
    Prone to carnapping?

MUX
    Pros
    Bigger displacement with B10 rating
    Commercial ancestry of tranny
    Lower SRP
    All black interior (easier to clean)
    Leather seats
    Push start
    Rear disc brakes
    Traction Control
    5 link rear suspension
    Better fuel consumption?

Cons
    Really really bad after sales
    Old tech engine (Euro 2)
    Tupperware feel interior
    Climate control looks flimsy and cheap
    Third row window looks odd
    Twin of the trailblazer

Just some background, I plan to use the car for 10-15 years. I'm doing roughly 12-14k km annually. Weekdays 100% city; weekends 60% highway. I have 2 kids so 3rd row will usually be folded to make space for the family junk.

Your thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I can't edit my post so to be clear, I'm deciding between:
    Fortuner 4x2 2.4 G and MUX 4x2 3.0

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Kung di lang factor ang casa, for me lang ha, hands down MUX e. Kaso mejo daming nag rereklamo taga daw kasi ang presyo/intervals. Matanong ko lang kung loan ba to or cash.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    either. kung ano mas ok. but i think mas sulit kung cash since sobra taas ng interest pag in-house

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I own a 3.0 MUx AT and i can say that MUx offers better value right now. But then again, wait for the Fortuner and be sure to test drive both before deciding. It is different when you see the cars in the flesh. For the PMS cost, Isuzu has standardized the cost and you can see it in their website.

For long term ownership and outside casa servicing, I think hindi na yan magkakalayo sa cost. It all boils down to reliability in the long run, which both Toyota and isuzu are known for. Slight advantage lang sa Isuzu because the engine is older and subok na, the new Toyota engine is yet to be time tested.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i didn't know that Isuzu published their PMS cost. its not that cheap but considering genuine parts and intact warranty, i guess worth the price.

btw, which of the Isuzu casas have competent mechanics and service advisors? the one in c5 is a headache (last service 2 years ago before i did my PMS outside). never ako lumabas ng walang grasa yung interior. even the steering wheel laging may sulat ng ballpen. for the price they charge, they ought to improve their service. anyway, this is not a rant so ill stop at that.

anymore comments? from toyota side?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pupuek View Post
    i didn't know that Isuzu published their PMS cost. its not that cheap but considering genuine parts and intact warranty, i guess worth the price.

btw, which of the Isuzu casas have competent mechanics and service advisors? the one in c5 is a headache (last service 2 years ago before i did my PMS outside). never ako lumabas ng walang grasa yung interior. even the steering wheel laging may sulat ng ballpen. for the price they charge, they ought to improve their service. anyway, this is not a rant so ill stop at that.

anymore comments? from toyota side?
    sinagot naman ako sa fb ng isuzu phils tungkol sa pms. lahat ng may 5(5kplus), 10 30 50 70 (8k), 20 40 60 80 100(16k for the manual 18k for the matic)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pupuek View Post

Fortuner
    Pros
    Roomier inside?

MuX
    Cons
    Tupperware feel interior
    Climate control looks flimsy and cheap
    Hi Sir, nagchecheck rin po ako kasi balak ko din kumuha. Pano niyo po nasabi na roomier ang fortuner. Ang sikip po kasi ung outgoing compared sa m-x, and based sa reviews konti lang daw po nagbago.

Ano po ung ibig sabihin ng tupperware interior, and ung auto climate bakit po feels cheap. And ung bad after sales in general po ba un ng lahat ng isuzu or sa branches lang?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I'd get the all-new fortuner. Yung mux sobrang olats pagdating sa exteriord design in comparison sa mga bagong labas na SUV such as the montero, ford everest. Opinion ko lang naman hehe peace

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Toyota has worse aftersales service than isuzu.
    I was affected by the so called d4-d issue back then and it took them like 5 months to fix my unit because they want my warranty to expire so they can charge me for other problem I encounter after the warranty expiration.
    When the isuzu trooper had the injector problems, Isuzu even sent me a mail that we can bring the unit anytime so they can fix the issue even if our unit haven't suffered from the injector issues. and now My MUX 3.0 has scratches on the hood due to mishandling during the detailing process and the dealer said that I could bring the car back anytime so they can remove the scratches. =))

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast