New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    let's say the monty gls-v compared to the gtv or the fort 3.0 V 4x4 compared to the fort 2.5 V?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    let's say the monty gls-v compared to the gtv or the fort 3.0 V 4x4 compared to the fort 2.5 V?
    Depends if I need the four wheel drive function. If I do, then it's definitely worth it but if I'm only going to use it for the city, then it's not.

Subjective post.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yun nga naisip ko. maintenance and fc wise mas lamang yun 4x2. pero you'll never really know kung kelan mo kakailanganin yun 4x4 function. yun jimny ko after two years of ownership di ko pa ata nagamit yun 4wd mode nya hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun nga naisip ko. maintenance and fc wise mas lamang yun 4x2. pero you'll never really know kung kelan mo kakailanganin yun 4x4 function. yun jimny ko after two years of ownership di ko pa ata nagamit yun 4wd mode nya hehe

It really depends on your current lifestyle. You cannot say that a 4x4 will be useful on a "what-if" scenario.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Personally, I'd prefer a tall vehicle (specially those mentioned above) to be a 4x4.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende sa needs. 18 months ago bumili ako ng sorento, sabi ko di ko naman need ang 4wd, especially may 4wd ako before and minsan ko lang naman nagamit yung 4wd nya. So 4x2 lang binili ko. Last january i decided to make a dream come true, i bought a farm. Kawawa yung sorento nung ginamit ko dun, kahit na kung maging 4wd pa siya di nya kakayanin yung rough road, need ng ladder frame 4x4 talaga. E sa totoo lang sorento a soft roader lang naman talaga. So i bought a 4x4 pick up, mazda bt50 3.2. Very happy with both decisions, di malalaspag yung daily driver sorento and i have a 4x4 vehicle that is really meant for the job. So really it will depend on your needs.

yung sabi na "what if you are in a situation where you need a 4x4?" e ang masasabi ko lang, kapag 4x4 talaga ang need at 4x2 lang ang sasakyan na dala, e pwede ka naman mag U-turn.
    Last edited by yebo; March 7th, 2014 at 10:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pwede ka naman mag U-turn.
    That's the same thing I tell people about flood water.

-

Actually, for regular dirt roads (not deep mud) where you're not going to be hauling produce or heavy loads, 4x2 is okay. I've done relief missions in two wheel drive trucks. No issue. Not even when crossing six inch deep mud left by the flood (lots of fishtailing, but still got through)

The moment you have to climb a hill or cross a deep mud hole, that's when you need 4x4.

Unless you have a farm or live on a dirt track in the mountains, no real need for 4x4. In the end, that 250-300k premium will only be 100-200k added in resale value, and will cost you in terms of higher fuel and maintenance (differential gear oil) over the years.

But if you're buying it for leisure (as in a 4x4 Jimny or a fully loaded TOTL 4x4 pick-up), then go right ahead.

For me, for the Monty, no point going 4x4. The 4x2 is good enough.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sir jaymd.

250K-300K price between 4x4 and 4x2?

Recently po, kumuha po kami ng GLS V, pero MT with 4x4...the price difference in sa 4x2 GLS-V, 90K difference, since meron po promo, was discounted in 80K, (which is applied thru the DP) not promoting the unit...

a "practical reason"

First thing to look out po, the price range kung ano po yung mga detailed specs with safety standards (brakes,airbag), engine fuel consumption, engine performance/transmission (MT/AT w or w/o 4wd) and last the amenites. (with a reasonable price at kahit quite pricey..but the benefits po sa long term ay priceless at sulit ang binayad sa unit)

kung gagastusan lang po pag dating sa accessories, at aabot din po sa price range ng top of the line model (kumpletos rekados na kasamang safety and all function features), go na po sa top of the line.

When it comes to 4x2 and 4x4?! city driving lalo po dito sa metro manila.....

right now po, in my personal opinion ko lang po ito....

much better na kumuha na ng 4x4! simple reason po...ang dami po na roadworks na gagawin, and sad to say...maraming neglect na gumagawa ng kalsada...pero walang nilalagay na safety devices, and much worst po...pag nagbaha at hindi kabisado ang kalsada...

maraming mysterious pot-hole sa kalsada, once na nahulog po kayo sa pot-hole at nabalahaw na ang sasakyan + flooded situation..dyan na po papasok ang 4wd.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    BTW:

Addition po sa reply....

To prevent Maintenance/FC, and other cost of expenses sa sasakyan.....

best alternative way! "Walk, and commute", 500% cost saving! nakabawas na sa greenhouse effect, na-exercise na, iwas na sa init ng ulo dahil sa trapik, away ng traffic enforcer, reklamo sa kalsada, road-rage at ano-ano pang "blame-game"....nakatulong ka pa sa mga naghahanap buhay sa kalsada....

Use a certain vehicle as necessarily require and really important...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Is it worth it?

Nope. Stick with the 4x2 variant and go put the funds into "home renovation"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast