New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    get the TOTL 4x4 if your budget permits and you are happy with it
    get the 4x2 and spend the 250-300 premium modifying it to look like the totl

kidding aside, get the 4x2 if you drive mostly in the city. then spend the premium in performance mod, a nice car audio and nice set of alloy wheels. and then you are a happy man

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    get the TOTL 4x4 if your budget permits and you are happy with it
    get the 4x2 and spend the 250-300 premium modifying it to look like the totl

kidding aside, get the 4x2 if you drive mostly in the city. then spend the premium in performance mod, a nice car audio and nice set of alloy wheels. and then you are a happy man
    If you can afford it, why not?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. But that privilege obviously comes at a steep price.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    4x4 po. Pra complete accesories at may sunroof pa. Hehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    SPOILER ALERT.

You people talk about power as if you're driving sports cars. Remember that the vehicles being discussed in here are SUV's. They are not meant to be handled (or driven) like "cars" on the road. Simply because of the difference in ride height and suspension geometry.

I've seen way to much Fortuners and Monteros going belly up on rice paddies and roadside ditches. Not a pretty sight IMHO. And by the way, I'm also rooting on the yet to be released 2015 4x4 Fortuner.

Drive safely gentlemen.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Yup worth it, because you are referring to a vehicle classified as SUV, SUV's should be 4x4. Pero syempre if you really dont need 4x4 then mag 4x2 ka na lang. Ganon din naman ako before yung fortuner ko 4x2 lang pero nung nakita ko yung kayang puntahan ng 4x4 e nainggit ako so I bought 4x4 pickup. So pag naka 4x4 ka pwede mo isama sa list ang mga pasyalan ng mga 4x4 like Loag sand dunes, sapang bato, etc. Sa beach pwede mo dalin sasakyan mo hangga sa sand.

Who knows minsan kahit nasa city ka kelangan mo din ang 4x4, naalala ko nung papasok ako sa mall matarik ang parking malakas ulan basa yung ramp yung kotse di maka akyat when it was my turn I shifted to 4x4 no sweat.

Sa baguio at sa tagaytay meron mga super tarik na kalsada na pag umuulan madulas or kahit tuyo dahil sa sobra tarik hirap ang makina, pag 4x4 sasakyan mo shift ka lang sa 4L magiging low speed ka so lalakas torque ng engine mo makakaakyat ka nang hindi hirap ang makina at clutch, same as downhill mas effective engine brake. Sa baha useful ang 4L habang lumulusong ka hi rev makina so di hirap at di babara tambutso.

So pag naka 4x4 ka dami mo pwede puntahan na di kaya puntahan ng 4x2.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    used to own a 4x4 pickup at never ko nagamit ni minsan. when i sold it 2 years ago and bought a new one 4x2 na lang at happy naman ako dahil mas matipid sa fuel.
    for me kung gagamitin mo 4x4 go for it. otherwise 4x2 ka na lang. unless kasi mag offroading ka talaga di mo magagamit yung 4x4. never ko pa naexperience na gamitin kahit baha, madulas ang kalsada, aakyat ng matarik na parking lot, kahit umuulan sa baguio na maputik di ko nagamit at kaya naman ng 4x2.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    used to own a 4x4 pickup at never ko nagamit ni minsan. when i sold it 2 years ago and bought a new one 4x2 na lang at happy naman ako dahil mas matipid sa fuel.
    for me kung gagamitin mo 4x4 go for it. otherwise 4x2 ka na lang. unless kasi mag offroading ka talaga di mo magagamit yung 4x4. never ko pa naexperience na gamitin kahit baha, madulas ang kalsada, aakyat ng matarik na parking lot, kahit umuulan sa baguio na maputik di ko nagamit at kaya naman ng 4x2.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Yup worth it, because you are referring to a vehicle classified as SUV, SUV's should be 4x4. ....
    So pag naka 4x4 ka dami mo pwede puntahan na di kaya puntahan ng 4x2.
    And that about sums it all up.

Plus you do not get the unusual stares (questions and reactions) from people wondering why you opted to park your SUV and decided to hoof it up that hill.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014

4x4 o 4x2 oke lang naman, dipende na nga din sa pag gagamitan. tama kasama nating tsikoteer na dipende din sa gamit. da best talaga kung may advance info ka sa flooded area baket nga dika hanap alternate way to prevent further problem in the future. before yung 4x4 ko na grand sportage mula ng nabili ko at nabenta ko diko din nagamit yung pagiging 4x4. siguro natuwa lang din ako kase maporma at dual transmission pa.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123