New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The base model CRV is the 2.0L gas model. It only has seats for 5 people. It is one of the most spacious CUVs in the market today (similar to the Forester).

The HRV 1.5L Turbo may have a more potent engine compared to CRV 2.0L gas but the CRV is the better family vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sa pricepoint na yan, no-brainer to choose the HR-V instead. It's bigger than ever, very close na sa size ng CR-V, it has Honda Sensing na din.

Malapit na din all-new CR-V.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The base model CRV is the 2.0L gas model. It only has seats for 5 people. It is one of the most spacious CUVs in the market today (similar to the Forester).

The HRV 1.5L Turbo may have a more potent engine compared to CRV 2.0L gas but the CRV is the better family vehicle.

i'm rooting for honda. our family had civics or accords in the 90s. my sister owns a crv diesel currently) there is a market for 1.5 gasoline powered cuvs. from the reviews i think this is a nice offering. i like the interior even if it is a bit "black". i just hope honda isn't too late to the party or priced itself out of the competition. both things they may have done in the past.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i'm rooting for honda. our family had civics or accords in the 90s. my sister owns a crv diesel currently) there is a market for 1.5 gasoline powered cuvs. from the reviews i think this is a nice offering. i like the interior even if it is a bit "black". i just hope honda isn't too late to the party or priced itself out of the competition. both things they may have done in the past.
    1.5L turbo is much better compared to 1.5L NA. Mahina yung 1.5L NA for small crossovers, better yan for subcompact cars like City or Vios.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    This is not the first time I'm seeing this statement...

But for me, the CR-V and other 7 seaters out there is not for everyone.

A single driver will probably think twice before choosing a 7 seater over a 5 seater.

Then there's the HR-Vs "exclusivity" which is important to some people.

Honda sold less than 1K units of the old Gen HR-V... I see less than 10 HR-Vs in our village.

If you want to be different, the HR-V is a nice choice and since it uses the same engine (non-Turbo and probably CVT) of the new City, it will also be easy to maintain.

Honda actually sold more than 7k units of the 2nd Gen HR-V. Easily sold over 1.5k/year in the first 3 years.

That's true, it shares a lot of parts with majority of Honda models so maintenance will be easy for the N/A and Turbo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Sa pricepoint na yan, no-brainer to choose the HR-V instead. It's bigger than ever, very close na sa size ng CR-V, it has Honda Sensing na din.

Malapit na din all-new CR-V.

The CR-V is still far more spacious vs. the HR-V. Tons of rear seat legroom, wider but biggest upgrade is in the cargo capacity
    so this will attract those who need space.

Vs. the current CR-V, the HR-V will offer better (more updated) tech and better power in a still practical package.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    1.5L turbo is much better compared to 1.5L NA. Mahina yung 1.5L NA for small crossovers, better yan for subcompact cars like City or Vios.

Quite subjective actually. Probably for a lot of customers this has enough power. Looking forward to test driving the 1.5 base HR-V and see how it compares
    to the previous 1.8. I have a feeling performance will be similar with better CVT tuning and the DOHC engine. The old 1.8 didn't really feel powerful

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Just got back from a quick trip to the MG dealership near my office.

I was thoroughly impressed by the MG HS. It's the size of a CX-5 and just as premium inside (I noticed design cues from the Merc B-class -- no joke). The salesguy wasn't as knowledgeable with the product, sadly, but I do hear it's got 169hp and 250Nm which should work great with its paddle shifters (7-speed DCT).

Size, great interior, 5-star rating by Euro NCAP, plus a lot of driving aids (again, salesguy was no help), makes this a great value at about 1.2M. Couldn't cop a test drive, unfortunately, but from the bits and pieces I've seen online from the Aussies and Brits, it seems to be a decent drive (probably not as good as the Coolray or the CX-5).

It looks like the MG HS will probably be another best-seller, for sure.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Quite subjective actually. Probably for a lot of customers this has enough power. Looking forward to test driving the 1.5 base HR-V and see how it compares
    to the previous 1.8. I have a feeling performance will be similar with better CVT tuning and the DOHC engine. The old 1.8 didn't really feel powerful
    The big difference in torque figure is not subjective between a gas NA engine versus a gas turbo engine. Peak torque is easily achievable in turbo engines (2k rpm vs 4k rpm) and usually, it is 60% more on similar displacements.

The ASX and the XT both have 2.0L displacements but the XT is turbocharged. There is a big difference in output on a regular drive, even if the XT is heavier.

The same comparison applies between a Honda City 1.5L NA versus a Civic 1.5L turbo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    The big difference in torque figure is not subjective between a gas NA engine versus a gas turbo engine. Peak torque is easily achievable in turbo engines (2k rpm vs 4k rpm) and usually, it is 60% more on similar displacements.

The ASX and the XT both have 2.0L displacements but the XT is turbocharged. There is a big difference in output on a regular drive, even if the XT is heavier.

The same comparison applies between a Honda City 1.5L NA versus a Civic 1.5L turbo.

Between the NA and Turbocharged, no question Was referring to "Mahina yung 1.5L NA for small crossovers"
    For a lot of people, this is enough. Of course more power is usually better but most car buyers are already satisfied
    with this amount of power (Xpander, BR-V, Vios 1.3 level of performance).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Between the NA and Turbocharged, no question Was referring to "Mahina yung 1.5L NA for small crossovers"
    For a lot of people, this is enough. Of course more power is usually better but most car buyers are already satisfied
    with this amount of power (Xpander, BR-V, Vios 1.3 level of performance).
    Agree. Okay na ang power para mag put-puttering mula pt. A hanggang pt. B.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast