New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    All-new HR-V was just announced while the Territory has been one of the best sellers of the pandemic era.

Which one would you choose and why?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    All-new HR-V was just announced while the Territory has been one of the best sellers of the pandemic era.

My in-laws bought a Ford Territory last July. Oks naman. It looks big for its size but interior space is a bit smaller than our Mitsubishi ASX. Lots of good features though.

If you ask me, I would save 200k more by buying the Geely Coolray. No difference in size and features but you get a livelier car to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

I would choose the HR-V because I own a Honda and have personally experienced PMS from Honda Manila Bay, Las Pinas and now Makati.

2 times a year but PMS can be completed in a couple of hours (as long as you arrive on time for your appointment)
    Then you have Honda SPA if you no longer want your PMS outside the dealership
    *I have never tried Honda spa.

Was thinking of buying a Territory earlier but was turned-off by Ford Philippines' local support.

Some (Territory FB Group) members mentioned the service center required 2 days for their PMS.

The old Vezel was a popular Grab car in Singapore and I personally prefer it over the CH-R.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Honda HR-V 1.5 S CVT Honda SENSING -- P1,250,000
    Honda HR-V 1.5 V Turbo CVT Honda SENSING -- P1,598,000

At these prices, it really just looks like Honda is banking on its branding, customer loyalty, and dealership trust.

I think it will be hard for the nouveau riche to choose the underpowered base model over the likes of the Ford Territory, MG HS, and the Geely Coolray.

Good thing the car looks good and has Honda Sensing. Honda PH has been great too, so definitely a plus. The spirited driver will probably prefer a different car for the price but traffic-stuck urbanites will end up liking this HR-V very much.

Meanwhile, the TOTL is already within earshot of the base model CR-V, other base model PPV's (the base model Mu-X is actually cheaper), and the Hybrid Corolla Cross, which I personally think is a better deal.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Meanwhile, the TOTL is already within earshot of the base model CR-V, other base model PPV's (the base model Mu-X is actually cheaper), and the Hybrid Corolla Cross, which I personally think is a better deal.
    This is not the first time I'm seeing this statement...

But for me, the CR-V and other 7 seaters out there is not for everyone.

A single driver will probably think twice before choosing a 7 seater over a 5 seater.

Then there's the HR-Vs "exclusivity" which is important to some people.

Honda sold less than 1K units of the old Gen HR-V... I see less than 10 HR-Vs in our village.

If you want to be different, the HR-V is a nice choice and since it uses the same engine (non-Turbo and probably CVT) of the new City, it will also be easy to maintain.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My in-laws bought a Ford Territory last July. Oks naman. It looks big for its size but interior space is a bit smaller than our Mitsubishi ASX. Lots of good features though.

If you ask me, I would save 200k more by buying the Geely Coolray. No difference in size and features but you get a livelier car to drive.

A relative got a Territory too. I actually liked it.

I also test-drove the Coolray and was definitely impressed. It definitely drove better than the Territory.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    This is not the first time I'm seeing this statement...

But for me, the CR-V and other 7 seaters out there is not for everyone.

A single driver will probably think twice before choosing a 7 seater over a 5 seater.

Then there's the HR-Vs "exclusivity" which is important to some people.

Honda sold less than 1K units of the old Gen HR-V... I see less than 10 HR-Vs in our village.

If you want to be different, the HR-V is a nice choice and since it uses the same engine (non-Turbo and probably CVT) of the new City, it will also be easy to maintain.

The new HR-V looks really good, too. I have a feeling it will sell as much as the previous generation did.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    The new HR-V looks really good, too. I have a feeling it will sell as much as the previous generation did.
    Highly doubt it. Wala pang Coolray/Territory and the likes before.

This will be a hard-sell for Honda, foh sure.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Highly doubt it. Wala pang Coolray/Territory and the likes before.

This will be a hard-sell for Honda, foh sure.
    we have to wait and see for the 2022 sales data.

Honda sold 452 units in 2020
    417 in 2021 - if I remember correctly, this model didn't even have seats that fold flat.

Targeting 500units/year isn't hard. I'm sure Honda PH will try to sell more CR-Vs and BR-Vs

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The base model CRV is the 2.0L gas model. It only has seats for 5 people. It is one of the most spacious CUVs in the market today (similar to the Forester).

The HRV 1.5L Turbo may have a more potent engine compared to CRV 2.0L gas but the CRV is the better family vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast