New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by torps04 View Post
    I'm also looking for a good discount for fortuner.

Is it good ba to buy toyota certified second hand cars? Meron kasi doon na mga 2017 Forty V diesel na nasa 1.3M lang
    Sir, if your 1.3m worth that car good buy na yan... check mo depreciatiom value ng 2years+ old na fortuner, kung okay lang naman sayo yung patong nila, shempre negosyo yan... go for it nah... otherwise look for other offerings na swak sa panlasa at price you can afford.. goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some folks feel the toyota certified used cars the casa are selling, are "too expensive".
    but they do have some warranty.
    it will probably depend on the buyer's preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Sir, if your 1.3m worth that car good buy na yan... check mo depreciatiom value ng 2years+ old na fortuner, kung okay lang naman sayo yung patong nila, shempre negosyo yan... go for it nah... otherwise look for other offerings na swak sa panlasa at price you can afford.. goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I look at facebook marketplace, same lang price with toyota certified cars. Kaya medyo pipiliin ko na yung from toyota mismo kasi meron nga warranty. Magkano ba sir usual depreciation value ni forty?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by torps04 View Post
    When I look at facebook marketplace, same lang price with toyota certified cars. Kaya medyo pipiliin ko na yung from toyota mismo kasi meron nga warranty. Magkano ba sir usual depreciation value ni forty?
    there may be a difference.
    while the toyota pre-owned car program may have its price etched in stone,
    the private car owner may be more accommodating.
    also, the car might still be enjoying the traditional 3 or 5 year factory warranty, regardless of who is selling it.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 9th, 2020 at 08:19 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there may be a difference.
    while the toyota pre-owned car program may have its price etched in stone,
    the private car owner may be more accommodating.
    also, the car might still be enjoying the traditional 3 or 5 year factory warranty, regardless of who is selling it.
    doc, pag halimbawa ba bumili ka ng car na fully paid an ni owner pero under warranty pa ng casa, maeenjoy mo din ung warranty even if napa-change name mo na?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    doc, pag halimbawa ba bumili ka ng car na fully paid an ni owner pero under warranty pa ng casa, maeenjoy mo din ung warranty even if napa-change name mo na?
    Yes.

Sold my 2015 Altis in 2017 so it still had a year worth of warranty. The warranty comes with the car not the owner.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    ano issue ng car? toyota needing a warranty claim? thats unusual lol

7. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbreeeezy View Post
    Good evening, Tsikoters. I will be needing your help again/suggestions again. We will be buying another SUV for my father as birthday gift. We decided to buy a MUX way back 2016 with the help of tsikot. Gusto na niya daw magpalit these two are the choices. Test drove both SUV din pa din makapag decide.

Cons (Forty): lacks features
    Pros: better interior, Reliability

Cons (Terra): interior ( medyo malapit sa mUx), rack and pinion issue, Reliability?
    Pros: Ride quality (for me),discounts, safety features

PS: if we can get a big discount from nissan we might choose VL if ever we go Terra.

Any inputs from someone who have both?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    If you'll ask me, I rather choose the Terra instead of the fortuner hehehe. Performance wise, Terra will win for sure together with the features. If you will choose fortuner, I dont know to you sir and to your dad, but with my experience with our family's fortuner V 2009, 2012, 2018 there's one thing I'd noticed. It lacks power compared to other SUVs offering out there hehe. When ever I convoy with my uncle's Nissan Patrol Super Safari I always got left behind, in the highways or even in zigzag roads, at first I thought it was just my driving skills that can't compared to what my uncle has but, when I drove my cousin's Montero GLS-V 2009 everything was changed heheh. Cornering-check, Offroad-check, highway runs-Check, I never got left behind with my uncle's suv. I then concluded that it was not my skills but by the performace of the fotuner that totally lacks. By the way I also tried the Navara VE Calibre and I had the same results! I never got left behind of my uncle's nissan patrol. So I suggest to get the Terra since it is based on the navara's platform

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTimeAWD View Post
    If you'll ask me, I rather choose the Terra instead of the fortuner hehehe. Performance wise, Terra will win for sure together with the features. If you will choose fortuner, I dont know to you sir and to your dad, but with my experience with our family's fortuner V 2009, 2012, 2018 there's one thing I'd noticed. It lacks power compared to other SUVs offering out there hehe. When ever I convoy with my uncle's Nissan Patrol Super Safari I always got left behind, in the highways or even in zigzag roads, at first I thought it was just my driving skills that can't compared to what my uncle has but, when I drove my cousin's Montero GLS-V 2009 everything was changed heheh. Cornering-check, Offroad-check, highway runs-Check, I never got left behind with my uncle's suv. I then concluded that it was not my skills but by the performace of the fotuner that totally lacks. By the way I also tried the Navara VE Calibre and I had the same results! I never got left behind of my uncle's nissan patrol. So I suggest to get the Terra since it is based on the navara's platform
    First time ni toyota to have the d4d engine back in 2009.. and it have the dreaded scv issue.. their engines that time are low in power.. i drove my officemate 2009 innova and its no where near the power of kia carens diesel of the same year model. Sa kia carens ko na feel yung push to the back seat acceleration.. very addicting hehe..

I dont know with nissan but some say toyota 2gd engines deliver linear power throughout the rev range. unlike others na yung power is delivered on the low rpms and flat out at mid rpm..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTimeAWD View Post
    Thank you for the advice sir. We'll look into it again after this COVid. Naipit kami e. Na CI pa lang ako ng BDO after nun lockdown na. Kaya wala na update.
    Another reason kung is baka lumabas na din agad bago fortuner next year or end of the year. Baka mahintay na. Tho knowing him di na makakapag hintay yun

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    First time ni toyota to have the d4d engine back in 2009.. and it have the dreaded scv issue.. their engines that time are low in power.. i drove my officemate 2009 innova and its no where near the power of kia carens diesel of the same year model. Sa kia carens ko na feel yung push to the back seat acceleration.. very addicting hehe..

I dont know with nissan but some say toyota 2gd engines deliver linear power throughout the rev range. unlike others na yung power is delivered on the low rpms and flat out at mid rpm..
    Not a fair comparo but the navara (100~kg heavier/6MT) feels "peaky" than the older VNT fort (4AT).

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast