Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc21420 View Post
    I agree. Or the CX8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will tell him to test drive both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Get the CX5 then, much better than the two SUV's if riding comfort is a priority and ease of ingress/egress.
    Just the CX5 if you are not hauling more than 5 persons or a lot of luggage most if not a lot of times...

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    Actually, most of the time only may parents will be the passenger. That's why I am also suggesting him to buy a car/ crossover. Kaso wala gusto niya talaga malaki. Tho like niya cx5 pero mas gusto niya tlaaga SuV.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbreeeezy View Post
    I will tell him to test drive both. Actually, most of the time only may parents will be the passenger. That's why I am also suggesting him to buy a car/ crossover. Kaso wala gusto niya talaga malaki. Tho like niya cx5 pero mas gusto niya tlaaga SuV.

For me, You cannot go wrong with cx5... if your’re okay with the space and being a gas... go for it... the skyactiv 2.5 is more than enough... 2020 Fortuner G vs Terra VE

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pagsisisihan nya yan when their backs start creaking and their knees start going. Di biro umakyat and bumaba sa mga PPV especially for older people.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Just the CX5 if you are not hauling more than 5 persons or a lot of luggage most if not a lot of times...

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    Agree. And the suspension of CX8 is on the harder side. It feels like ladder frame. Or is it? I’m thinking it’s a cross over monocoque.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agree. And the suspension of CX8 is on the harder side. It feels like ladder frame. Or is it? I’m thinking it’s a cross over monocoque.

The CX-8 is a monocoque. It's basically an extended CX-5.

My parents like the firm suspension of their 2011 CX-5 over our 2017 XV. They think that the Subie feels more unsettled. Nothing brings more driving joy to them than carving through their favorite winding mountain roads in the south.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The CX-8 is a monocoque. It's basically an extended CX-5.

My parents like the firm suspension of their 2011 CX-5 over our 2017 XV. They think that the Subie feels more unsettled. Nothing brings more driving joy to them than carving through their favorite winding mountain roads in the south.

That’s right. But I like the girth of the CX5. The 2019 or 2020 iteration of the XV rides really great. I miss my XT. It’s a letdown Subaru get rid of it. Hope it isn’t true:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That’s right. But I like the girth of the CX5. The 2019 or 2020 iteration of the XV rides really great. I miss my XT. It’s a letdown Subaru get rid of it. Hope it isn’t true:

What did they change in the suspension between the 2017 and 2020 models that made you say that the ride improved? The 2018 model was released here late 2017.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Leaning on Terra na siya. Pero gusto niya VL. 2020 Fortuner G vs Terra VE

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Ang sarap ng Dilemma ni Dad mo...and am also envious of his status, at his age eh mga settled na mga anak, And literally could just enjoy Life one of it is frequent Car shopping. Am 5 years his junior lang and am very long way pa to be in that situation, ika nga in the thick of the fight to have my kiddos earned their education.

The selection of Terra vs. the CX5 was also recently discussed in the family. My Sis is planning to change car and am asked and was insisting on getting the CX5 over her choice of Terra. She wanted it because of the fully fitted features and within her budget of 2M. Now am insisting of having instead the 2020CX5 2.0 FWD Sport SkyActiv-G. Kaso daw for the price of Terra VL Diesel na sya where in CX5 is still gasoline. Now if will opt for the CX5 Diesel mag add pa ng mga 181k after the discount. But given the 3 year Yojin, halos same na lang sya di ba? She commute daily Makati-Mandaluyong Pioneer and 2x a month MNL to Batangas City.
    Last edited by Jiggs; February 25th, 2020 at 03:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Ang sarap ng Dilemma ni Dad mo...and am also envious of his status, at his age eh mga settled na mga anak, And literally could just enjoy Life one of it is frequent Car shopping. Am 5 years his junior lang and am very long way pa to be in that situation, ika nga in the thick of the fight to have my kiddos earned their education.

The selection of Terra vs. the CX5 was also recently discussed in the family. My Sis is planning to change car and am asked and was insisting on getting the CX5 over her choice of Terra. She wanted it because of the fully fitted features and within her budget of 2M. Now am insisting of having instead the 2020CX5 2.0 FWD Sport SkyActiv-G. Kaso daw for the price of Terra VL Diesel na sya where in CX5 is still gasoline. Now if will opt for the CX5 Diesel mag add pa ng mga 181k after the discount. But given the 3 year Yojin, halos same na lang sya di ba? She commute daily Makati-Mandaluyong Pioneer and 2x a month MNL to Batangas City.
    Im not sure po yun sa 3 yr yojin. Di pa din kasi kami nakapag inquire sa Mazda.

Naku. Maaga sir nag asawa e. Mukha pa din sila bagets lalo na dad ko. I'm the youngest. Im already 27. Yun sister and bro ko. 10 and 9 yrs gap sa akin lol super hardworking din lang talaga sila. Nag zero din kami dahil sa business pero nakita ko di sila nag give up. Until now, lagari pa din sila. Gusto na sila i petition ng brother ko kaso ayaw nila.
    Saglit na lang yan sir. Makakaraos na din yan.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast