New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Good day fellow tsikoters! I have a dilemma and I hope to shed light on it based on your respective opinions.

I currently own a 2015 Subaru XV and it has been performing really well, no problems at all. Odemeter reads at 22k which is a bit low since I’m using it exclusively from home to office (to & from).

Recently, I got a job offer which will include a company car (mine after 5 years) and covers gas, insurance & maintenance.

The timing can’t be any better as I’m currently sourcing for a second car that my wife can use to take my 4 year old kid to school.

I’m currently looking at the Suzuki Celerio CVT as a good alternative (easy to drive, FC & cheap). However, with the impending acceptance of the job offer I’m now torn. Should I retain my current ride so my wife can use it? Or should I sell it & buy the Celerio?

My hesitation is keeping the XV is due to it’s high maintenance cost, almost 4 years old & a 2.0 engine, awd, which is not as fuel efficient as the smaller cars.

So, should I keep the old one or buy a newer, cheaper one?

Your expert advices are very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Bruh, if your concern is fc and maintenance... i would agree that xv is on a high side if we will be comparing it to celerio...

For me, aside from owning a new car...
    if i see it to my self that i really have to change a company i would go for it and sell the xv for more cheaper maintenance and better fc...

also, please dont compromise the safety features when choosing a car to replace your xv, after all it’s your wife and your child who will be using it...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nope, I ain't selling a well built crossover and get back a small car in return unless my finances really can't afford it. A Celerio, no way, not even a Honda City will sway me.

By the way, your XV is not that used. My 2016 FXT has run 36k KM already. Keep that Subie!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Unless your garage wont fit 2 cars, dont sell the xv.

Your 2015 xv costs more than a bnew celerio. That should tell you that you are in for a MAJOR DOWNGRADE if you do it.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Keep the Subaru XV if you can still afford the maintenance ... Safer, better ground clearance, better built than a Suzuki Celerio ... What vehicle is the new company providing you with? ...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Unless the new company offers you a much better vehicle, maybe you can sell that XV. If not, politely refuse the company car and ask for some other benefit in return. If you can afford to keep and maintain two vehicles, accept the company car and use it together with the XV.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Keep the XV. It is always good to have a backup car.

That is, unless you will be getting another more economical vehicle. You did say you were already sourcing for a new car before the company offer. Perhaps the Celerio with your own funds and another vehicle availed c/o the company?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Keep the XV as your coding car or just use it on weekends if you are worried about maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Hi Bruh, if your concern is fc and maintenance... i would agree that xv is on a high side if we will be comparing it to celerio...

For me, aside from owning a new car...
    if i see it to my self that i really have to change a company i would go for it and sell the xv for more cheaper maintenance and better fc...

also, please dont compromise the safety features when choosing a car to replace your xv, after all it’s your wife and your child who will be using it...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro! Actually, your point on the safety side is also one of my key concerns, hence, my hesitation to let go of my XV.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Nope, I ain't selling a well built crossover and get back a small car in return unless my finances really can't afford it. A Celerio, no way, not even a Honda City will sway me.

By the way, your XV is not that used. My 2016 FXT has run 36k KM already. Keep that Subie!
    Agree on that. It’s actually performing very well and it’s really well built. Really a keeper.

However, I was told by the casa that by 30-40km (don’t remember it correctly) that I have to shell out around 40k for change in timing belt? A bit steep imo.

Thanks bro!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast