New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Unless your garage wont fit 2 cars, dont sell the xv.

Your 2015 xv costs more than a bnew celerio. That should tell you that you are in for a MAJOR DOWNGRADE if you do it.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Yup! Agree that it will be a major downgrade.

I currently live in a condo, so regardless of the size of the vehicle I have to rent an extra parking slot.

Thanks bro!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Keep the Subaru XV if you can still afford the maintenance ... Safer, better ground clearance, better built than a Suzuki Celerio ... What vehicle is the new company providing you with? ...
    Thanks bro! Maintenance is quite on the high side, especially the timing belt replacement, but I was told that after that it’s relatively manageable.

It’s an HRV.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Unless the new company offers you a much better vehicle, maybe you can sell that XV. If not, politely refuse the company car and ask for some other benefit in return. If you can afford to keep and maintain two vehicles, accept the company car and use it together with the XV.
    It’s standard issue and no going around it. I’ve tried those options but it’s a regional directive. Smh.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Keep the XV. It is always good to have a backup car.

That is, unless you will be getting another more economical vehicle. You did say you were already sourcing for a new car before the company offer. Perhaps the Celerio with your own funds and another vehicle availed c/o the company?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Yup! Was initially planning to get a celerio using own funds until this option presented itself. Now, it gives me more flexibility to either just keep the existing one or sell it and buy a newer but cheaper one.

Thanks for the reply bro!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Keep the XV as your coding car or just use it on weekends if you are worried about maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In terms of usage, my wife will be the one exclusively using it, so it’s still a daily driver. Now, living in a condo where parking slots are rented (I only own 1 slot), I can only afford 2 slots max (for practicality na rin) Hehe.

Thanks bro!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    Agree on that. It’s actually performing very well and it’s really well built. Really a keeper.

However, I was told by the casa that by 30-40km (don’t remember it correctly) that I have to shell out around 40k for change in timing belt? A bit steep imo.

Thanks bro!
    It’s the CVTF change at 40k actual mileage which is going to be expensive but you can have it done outside the casa so that it will be cheaper. It will cost you around 9-10k outside.

Since you are out of warranty already, you can have your PMS done in Subie-dedicated auto shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    Good day fellow tsikoters! I have a dilemma and I hope to shed light on it based on your respective opinions.

I currently own a 2015 Subaru XV and it has been performing really well, no problems at all. Odemeter reads at 22k which is a bit low since I’m using it exclusively from home to office (to & from).

Recently, I got a job offer which will include a company car (mine after 5 years) and covers gas, insurance & maintenance.

The timing can’t be any better as I’m currently sourcing for a second car that my wife can use to take my 4 year old kid to school.

I’m currently looking at the Suzuki Celerio CVT as a good alternative (easy to drive, FC & cheap). However, with the impending acceptance of the job offer I’m now torn. Should I retain my current ride so my wife can use it? Or should I sell it & buy the Celerio?

My hesitation is keeping the XV is due to it’s high maintenance cost, almost 4 years old & a 2.0 engine, awd, which is not as fuel efficient as the smaller cars.

So, should I keep the old one or buy a newer, cheaper one?

Your expert advices are very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Your utmost consideration in choosing a car for your wife and kid should be SAFETY

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Your utmost consideration in choosing a car for your wife and kid should be SAFETY
    And a Subie is among the best in the world in terms of auto safety.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    auto safety isn't cheap.
    i would probably keep the subie in lieu of purchasing another car.
    that is, until we get tired of maintaining it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hmmm... the Celerio is basically free... so if you keep the XV, only cost added is parking.

And wife needs a car.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast