New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Priced close to each other (about ₱1.5+M) but a little bit different. Both are all-new models released on the latter half of 2017.

The VX is a crossover but has a higher ride height (220mm). The CR-V definitely has a lot more room and can seat 7. A case can be made that both are slightly underpowered, the XV needs a turbo while the CR-V gets less horses than even the 1st gen release. The Subie is an AWD, as usual, but can probably haul ass a lot faster than the Honda.

Which one would you choose and why?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Priced close to each other (about ₱1.5+M) but a little bit different. Both are all-new models released on the latter half of 2017.

The VX is a crossover but has a higher ride height (220mm). The CR-V definitely has a lot more room and can seat 7. A case can be made that both are slightly underpowered, the XV needs a turbo while the CR-V gets less horses than even the 1st gen release. The Subie is an AWD, as usual, but can probably haul ass a lot faster than the Honda.

Which one would you choose and why?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    "underpowered?... you gonna race it or what?"
    i own neither, but my vote goes to the honda.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    They're likely aimed at different sets of buyers/lifestyle...

XV for the young and young at heart with its relatively bold design/colors, good set of features for those with active lifestyle but limited cargo space.

While the CRV is for those who need bigger space or a family hauler... more mature looking, and basically more practical.

But with that said, I'm on the market for the XV... as I only need a tall vehicle that will carry 2 pax like 99% of the time... that's also good for long roadtrips, driving through dirt roads and roro crossings etc.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bakit ganun, pag nakasakay ako sa XV parang mas mababa yung feeling. I feel closer to the ground even if it has a higher ground clearance.

Tapos parang mas masikip din yung second row kahit mas mahaba yung hip room niya on paper...

Legroom for the 2nd row the CRV wins.

BTW I'm comparing with the 2017 XV kasi hindi ko pa nakita yung 2018 in person pero sabi ng agent same lang daw.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    Bakit ganun, pag nakasakay ako sa XV parang mas mababa yung feeling. I feel closer to the ground even if it has a higher ground clearance.

Tapos parang mas masikip din yung second row kahit mas mahaba yung hip room niya on paper...

Legroom for the 2nd row the CRV wins.

BTW I'm comparing with the 2017 XV kasi hindi ko pa nakita yung 2018 in person pero sabi ng agent same lang daw.
    coz the boxer engine is lower, but chk the ground clearance, see who wins

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Subaru XV and Forester were designed with the driver lower and closer to the ground ... many newer cars are designed that way ... like the new Honda Civic ... many don't like to bus driver position of the early 1st gen crossovers ...

The comparison would be better if it were between a Subaru Forester 2.0 and a Honda CR-V 1.6V ... you are comparing a TOTL Subaru XV to a lower end Honda CR-V ...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    diesel ba yan subaru xv?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Meron pa ba ung mga heavily discounted na 2017 XV model sa casa? Sayang late ko na nabasa ito.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Meron pa ba ung mga heavily discounted na 2017 XV model sa casa? Sayang late ko na nabasa ito.
    yes....+639052219800 look for jackie, subaru alabang

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No competition between these two vehicles as they target different markets. The Forester is within the same category as the CRV but it comes only in gas engines. The Xtrail and CRV both have 3rd row seats but the Xtrail has no diesel engine option.

I think Honda is trying to hit two birds with one stone by competing against the likes of the 5-seater gas CUVs and the 7-seater diesels unibody crossovers (Santa Fe and Sorento).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast