New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Heard through the grapevine that the CR-V does feel underpowered at the expressway. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sir Niky mentioned somewhere it performs like the 2.4 Fort.

EDIT : Mentioned it on his CRV preview under Top Gear PH YT page, comments section.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Heard through the grapevine that the CR-V does feel underpowered at the expressway. Can anyone confirm?

i have yet to drive the all-new CRV. I own a 2015 CRV 2.0 S variant (mid-variant) and I can say for expressway use it is enough. Especially when I don't use the ECON mode. Can definitely overatake with ease if needed.

I'm no racer and I think your options are well suited for with speed it needed.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    *Verbal Kint

Where's you current decision gearing towards to, the Subie or the Honda?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006

No it doesn't feel underpowered. Gets up to 185 kph just fine. It doesn't feel like a pocket rocket like the Forester XT, but it certainly doesn't feel underpowered even with 5 on board.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    *Verbal Kint

Where's you current decision gearing towards to, the Subie or the Honda?
    Leaning towards the Subie 2.0i-S. No test drives yet, though. Also want to try the Kia Sportage GTLine, too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Priced close to each other (about ₱1.5+M) but a little bit different. Both are all-new models released on the latter half of 2017.

The VX is a crossover but has a higher ride height (220mm). The CR-V definitely has a lot more room and can seat 7. A case can be made that both are slightly underpowered, the XV needs a turbo while the CR-V gets less horses than even the 1st gen release. The Subie is an AWD, as usual, but can probably haul ass a lot faster than the Honda.

Which one would you choose and why?

My parents have the same dilemma as yours. We already have a 2017 fort so i dont think having crv us better than an xv? But the XV’s fc is pretty high ++ maintenance cost. Tho, safety features of the subaru is complete. Idk for the base model of crv diesel (eg airbags). Will follow this thread for more insights. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Base diesel CRV doesn't have curtain airbags, just dual front airbags.

Downside of the XV for me is limited 2nd row legroom and you sit feeling closer to the ground just like a sedan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    Base diesel CRV doesn't have curtain airbags, just dual front airbags.

Downside of the XV for me is limited 2nd row legroom and you sit feeling closer to the ground just like a sedan.
    The back row does feel like a sedan's and it's ironic that it actually has a higher ground clearance than the CRV.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The back row does feel like a sedan's and it's ironic that it actually has a higher ground clearance than the CRV.
    Higher ground clearance only indicates the lowest part of the car. It isn't a very precise indicator of other things like flood wading capability...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast