New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Holden Colorado LTZ vs Ford Ranger XLT vs Toyota HiLux SR5 216 review | comparison | CarsGuide

I wonder if chevy ph will have the same pricing.

Anyways a good read. Looks like the new trailblazer will have a good suspension like its pickup sibling.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    As a Toyota Hilux 2016 owner and test driven the new Ranger and Colorado from various dealerships and friends my honest opinion as follows,

Exterior, - Preference

1. Ford Ranger (Tough macho front look)
    2. Toyota Hilux (Slender and ***y arcs and contours)
    3. Chevrolet Colorado (Look was copied from a Chevy sedan or something because doesn't look like a truck )

Interior, - Preference

1. Ford Ranger (More tech-savvy features, leather interior)
    2. Toyota Hilux (Sleek and cheeky, spacious cabin, if you are a tall person get this one also it has a cooler/chiller)
    3. Chevrolet Colorado (Cool gauge huds but ugly plastic interior, rofl mad? sue me )

Performance (Efficiency), - For City Driving

1. Toyota Hilux (New diesel engines more efficient and cleaner than ever)
    2. Chevrolet Colorado (CRDi)
    3. Ford Ranger (great power comes with great fuel demand rofl)

Performance (Power), - For Towing

1. Ford Ranger (2.2 is weak as hell don't tow or full the payload with it, if you are going to get a 2.2 might as well get the wildtrak or the other two)
    2. Toyota Hilux
    3. Chevrolet Colorado

Performance (Acceleration),

1. Chevrolet Colorado
    2. Toyota Hilux
    3. Ford Ranger

Suspension (Comfort),

1. Ford Ranger
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. Toyota Hilux (My first hand experience doing light off road and going through streets with many potholes is that it's shaky during slow driving but flies like an angel during fast driving on these terrain)

Suspension (Payload),

1. Toyota Hilux (shaky ride but the suspension doesn't even feel like it has weight on it, First hand experience filled with 700 KGs of farming and construction materials)
    2. Ford Ranger
    3. Chevrolet Colorado

Water Wading,

1. Ford Ranger (tied with Colorado)
    2. Chevrolet Colorado (tied with Ranger)
    3. Toyota Hilux (As an owner I tested it through 3 feet of flood water in a flood prone area beside a river a few weeks ago after being lost no water inside engine block or cabin).

Resale Value, - It shouldn't matter if you are not planning to sell it

1. Toyota Hilux
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. Ford Ranger

Aftersales service, - Things get serious here

1. Toyota Hilux (Been to few service centers so far I've been treated like a king but I've heard of a few assholes dealers)
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. Ford Ranger (notorious and infamous for their criminal service I meant customer service)

Reviews,

1. Chevrolet Colorado (so far no long term negative stuff yet)
    2. Toyota Hilux (you can't base it on the old Hilux since it's built brand new from the ground up so the first batch are the lab rats including me, so far the only issue is the cranky transmission due to a ECU software configuration that can be reprogrammed for free under warranty and the noise has no long lasting affect on the transmission albeit a noisy inconvenience. Experienced it first hand sometimes when I am reversing slowly.)
    3. Ford Ranger (oh boy, this truck has issues, even the American built Ford trucks has issues in their home country. It's built tough but it's not for the long term and when it has a lower resale value compared to the two)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Pinaka-maganda Ford Ranger Wildtrak coz of it's dashboard snd instrument clusters. Lahat electronic. Parang yun sasakyan ni Jason Bourne na Dodge Charger na pinanghabpl niya sa Las Vegas.

All others analog, eeww

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Nakita ko Lang sa fb, Ford ranger wow! img_0849.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Adenkaye View Post
    As a Toyota Hilux 2016 owner and test driven the new Ranger and Colorado from various dealerships and friends my honest opinion as follows,

Exterior, - Preference

1. Ford Ranger (Tough macho front look)
    2. Toyota Hilux (Slender and ***y arcs and contours)
    3. Chevrolet Colorado (Look was copied from a Chevy sedan or something because doesn't look like a truck )

Interior, - Preference

1. Ford Ranger (More tech-savvy features, leather interior)
    2. Toyota Hilux (Sleek and cheeky, spacious cabin, if you are a tall person get this one also it has a cooler/chiller)
    3. Chevrolet Colorado (Cool gauge huds but ugly plastic interior, rofl mad? sue me )

Performance (Efficiency), - For City Driving

1. Toyota Hilux (New diesel engines more efficient and cleaner than ever)
    2. Chevrolet Colorado (CRDi)
    3. Ford Ranger (great power comes with great fuel demand rofl)

Performance (Power), - For Towing

1. Ford Ranger (2.2 is weak as hell don't tow or full the payload with it, if you are going to get a 2.2 might as well get the wildtrak or the other two)
    2. Toyota Hilux
    3. Chevrolet Colorado

Performance (Acceleration),

1. Chevrolet Colorado
    2. Toyota Hilux
    3. Ford Ranger

Suspension (Comfort),

1. Ford Ranger
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. Toyota Hilux (My first hand experience doing light off road and going through streets with many potholes is that it's shaky during slow driving but flies like an angel during fast driving on these terrain)

Suspension (Payload),

1. Toyota Hilux (shaky ride but the suspension doesn't even feel like it has weight on it, First hand experience filled with 700 KGs of farming and construction materials)
    2. Ford Ranger
    3. Chevrolet Colorado

Water Wading,

1. Ford Ranger (tied with Colorado)
    2. Chevrolet Colorado (tied with Ranger)
    3. Toyota Hilux (As an owner I tested it through 3 feet of flood water in a flood prone area beside a river a few weeks ago after being lost no water inside engine block or cabin).

Resale Value, - It shouldn't matter if you are not planning to sell it

1. Toyota Hilux
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. Ford Ranger

Aftersales service, - Things get serious here

1. Toyota Hilux (Been to few service centers so far I've been treated like a king but I've heard of a few assholes dealers)
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. Ford Ranger (notorious and infamous for their criminal service I meant customer service)

Reviews,

1. Chevrolet Colorado (so far no long term negative stuff yet)
    2. Toyota Hilux (you can't base it on the old Hilux since it's built brand new from the ground up so the first batch are the lab rats including me, so far the only issue is the cranky transmission due to a ECU software configuration that can be reprogrammed for free under warranty and the noise has no long lasting affect on the transmission albeit a noisy inconvenience. Experienced it first hand sometimes when I am reversing slowly.)
    3. Ford Ranger (oh boy, this truck has issues, even the American built Ford trucks has issues in their home country. It's built tough but it's not for the long term and when it has a lower resale value compared to the two)
    I guess you havent reseaeched engine issues for the 2.8 duramax.

385nm 2.2 is weak? Wow

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

385nm 2.2 is weak? Wow
    The question here is, was he able to drive it with a tow? or was he just basing it coz of its only a 2.2-- I was able to tow a 2 ton genset with ease using the 2.2 ranger. .. eh parang wala lang tow eh...
    Last edited by glenn manikis; September 12th, 2016 at 09:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ako nga 3.2 dala-dala ko ngaun pero hindi ko na pinapansin yan, kung pwede nga lang walang i-tow kasi. Im always form over function kind of guy.

Yun nga SF ko na sa 7-seater. Di ko na inaamin na 7-seater, ayaw ko kaya mag-aangkas

Masyado naman maselan sa performance, cant we just drive a 3.2 dahil lang sa porma and not those hauling stuff. Meron naman na L300Fb na na-hire sa paligid

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

Based my opinion towards the Duramax engines with varying friends who own them they all bought them brand new, so far so good but yes I am aware of some of the issues that plague the Duramax but it's more of the old and new technology ones and the difference of Thailand and US made engines.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    The question here is, was he able to drive it with a tow? or was he just basing it coz of its only a 2.2-- I was able to tow a 2 ton genset with ease using the 2.2 ranger. .. eh parang wala lang tow eh...
    Driven the 2.2 wildtrak towing a cargo trailer with more than 1700/1800 kg on it and the bed with a payload of about 600 kg. Yes if it's upto speed the difference is negligible but I tried going through some hill areas starting from 0 and it was having just a bit of difficulty but still did the job. I'm not sure if it's that particular truck or if it's all the truck in the 2.2 range but that's just merely my opinion based on my experience. Said owner is a friend who owns farm lands thoughout south luzon, he gave away the 2.2 to his son for college and bought a 2.8 Hilux simply because he opinionated that the Ranger is a beauty that shouldn't be playing with mud :P his words not mine btw.

Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Ako nga 3.2 dala-dala ko ngaun pero hindi ko na pinapansin yan, kung pwede nga lang walang i-tow kasi. Im always form over function kind of guy.

Yun nga SF ko na sa 7-seater. Di ko na inaamin na 7-seater, ayaw ko kaya mag-aangkas

Masyado naman maselan sa performance, cant we just drive a 3.2 dahil lang sa porma and not those hauling stuff. Meron naman na L300Fb na na-hire sa paligid
    Well if you can afford the extra prestige of it that's not a problem I was just making sense for the bang for the buck practicality. Ranger is indeed a ***y beast still infatuated with her looks as a Hilux owner.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ako ayaw ko talaga ng pickup eh, dami ko na sinabihan dito wag mag-pickup.

Pero iba talaga Ranger Wildtrak 3.2. premium luxury car na nga sa tingin ko pagbabasehan ang toys, ang di ko lang gano gusto eh yun seats, di pa ginawa lahat leather, meron pang parang sako na texture, dumihin yun

And this car drives so easy, mas mabigat pa manibela ng CRV ko considering this a diesel truck

----

Pansin ko lang this engine doesnt use the common diesel 15w-40. It uses the same spec as my Explorer with The Motorcraft 5W-30 FS.

I guess ford didnt differientiate their petrol vs, diesel engines na by using the same oil. american technology . Magaling naman talaga ford sa fuel, dahil sila lang mahilig mag flex fuel, now they're running diesels like gasoline

Yan ang hinde alam ng iba, kaya ambibigat ng pickup nyo i-drive

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast