New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Honda clearly made a splash..

Isuzu upsets the truck markets lol

Mazda is taking awards left and right but sales numbers ???

CAGI Awards Honda Civic RS Turbo, Isuzu D-Max as Country's Best Vehicles | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Can someone shed light as to why the dmax won?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Can someone shed light as to why the dmax won?

Di ko rin maintindihan how it won. Walang kalaban? Haha. Pag sinabibg truck of the year, pick up lang ba? Hindi ba pwedeng manalo ang pick up base suv?

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Di ko rin maintindihan how it won. Walang kalaban? Haha. Pag sinabibg truck of the year, pick up lang ba? Hindi ba pwedeng manalo ang pick up base suv?

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk
    From my understanding puro pick-up lang. Very few competitors.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Votes based lang ba yung winners? Or may "experts" involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The awards are based on back-to-back-to-back test drives, wherein judges score the cars based on subjective factors like comfort, ergonomics, styling, etetera.

Then safety features are scored, and for trucks, off-road features and cargo capacity.

And lastly, we do performance testing. Acceleration, braking, handling. We did about 450 test runs this year. Those numbers are plugged into the final score, as well.

The TOTY competitors this year were the Chevrolet Colorado, the Strada and the D-Max. Mitsubishi only sent 4x4 Stradas. Those were the only ones qualified all competitors have to have mechanical updates versus last year's model... Strada 4x4s have the new 2.4. The D-Max has the upgraded 3.0.)

I was actually disappointed. The new Colorado is the fastest yet, and the handling is now freaking good. Guess the other judges were still not impressed by the plastics versus the Strada.

That said, the D-Max is a pretty comfortable truck, and I was actually eyeing buying one before... even though last year it still had the old 3.0.

Mazda had a very strong line-up. The board actually announced second and third place overall this year. Both second and third were Mazda6s.

But still, the Civic deserves this win. Honda has finally made a Civic worth desiring again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The awards are based on back-to-back-to-back test drives, wherein judges score the cars based on subjective factors like comfort, ergonomics, styling, etetera.

Then safety features are scored, and for trucks, off-road features and cargo capacity.

And lastly, we do performance testing. Acceleration, braking, handling. We did about 450 test runs this year. Those numbers are plugged into the final score, as well.

The TOTY competitors this year were the Chevrolet Colorado, the Strada and the D-Max. Mitsubishi only sent 4x4 Stradas. Those were the only ones qualified all competitors have to have mechanical updates versus last year's model... Strada 4x4s have the new 2.4. The D-Max has the upgraded 3.0.)

I was actually disappointed. The new Colorado is the fastest yet, and the handling is now freaking good. Guess the other judges were still not impressed by the plastics versus the Strada.

That said, the D-Max is a pretty comfortable truck, and I was actually eyeing buying one before... even though last year it still had the old 3.0.

Mazda had a very strong line-up. The board actually announced second and third place overall this year. Both second and third were Mazda6s.

But still, the Civic deserves this win. Honda has finally made a Civic worth desiring again.
    I still wish we have the thais' 3.0 with the 6spd aisin.

Multilink rear on the civic is just sweet.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Im tempted to sell my jazz ans get this Civic RS.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Go go go! Im thinking about it too!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Waiting to see when the Americans will finally break a transmission, first.

But so far, this new CVT seems robust. No flurry of users reporting failures as with the early GT-Rs, and those Americans rag on those 1.5Ts like there's no tomorrow.

It's a pretty intelligent transmission. Doles out torque perfectly at launch to give a good takeoff without wheelspin, tire hop or lurching.

Great car. Sure, you'll miss the punch of gearshifts at first, but you eventually learn to appreciate the smooooooth acceleration.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast