New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Here, they're not at the same price bracket.

Most expensive of the three would be the IS 350 F Sport all options at $57,800 = P2.3M. Second would be the STi which is $49,500 = P1.98M and the most cheapest (not really) would be the Mustang GT at only $40,200 = P1.6M.

Then again, i wouldn't know how they markup imported cars there in the PH so they might cost all the same when landed.

If I would to choose among the 3, i'd get the STi because i'm just leaving my 20s this year. If I was 5-10 years older, i'd get the Mustang for the V8 feel (and unnecessary gas expense) but if i'm around 40-50 right now, i'd get the IS350 Fsport in a heartbeat.

For comparison, here's their HP and tq:

Mustang GT - 420hp 390tq
    WRX STi - 305hp 290tq
    IS350 Fsport - 306hp 277tq
    IS350F is cheaper because of JPEPA

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pre-loved Porsche?

:naughty2:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    TS, conduct ka na lang ng poll haha.

1 vote for STi.

Tsaka para maiba naman, magtropa kayo tas parehas na Mustang haha!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    panu ba mag lagay ng poll hehe....he wants a brandnew car ...so second hand cars are not his option

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What did you get? Around six seconds flat to 100 km/h, or did you do 0-60 mph?
    don't remember the exact figures since last year pa yon. but it was kph, we did 3 sets. 0-100kph then 60-130kph and last was 80-150kph. the STi was faster 0-100kph and then we were surprised that the f-sport was faster on 60-130kph and 80-150kph. but when you think about it the STi always had such a bad trap speed, it's fast on a quarter mile and 0-100kph but when you look at it's trap speed it kind of makes sense that the f-sport will be faster reaching higher speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    If your friend is not yet in his 40s then he might still enjoy the unrefined feeling of true sport and performance cars in the form of the mustang gt and the sti.

Id only go for the mustang if it had a stick shift, but then again it doesnt so the sti is the 'more' driver engaging car which makes the whole experience of a performance car fullfilling

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    even a manual mustang is not as driver engaging as the STi, the mustang is faster no doubt. around the track for a mustang to be faster than an STi it has to be driven by a pro driver. your regular track guys will be faster on the STi than a mustang because the mustang is pretty hard to control. tons of body roll plus the fact that it's a v8 rwd, just a little mistake will make you spin.

Quote Originally Posted by gtvguy View Post
    my friend is 28 yrs old...i have a mustang gt so i let him test drive..he actually liked it ..but the thing is its an out going model already...so thats why he wants to check the 2015 sti since its all new...except for the engine i guess they did not change it same as the previous model....and he was checking reviews on you tube ...most of the reviews are really good for the 2015 sti...regarding the is350 fsport... i guess he doesn't really like the way it look..sabi niya mas maganda padaw itsura ng mazda 6 at honda accord ....the car would not be his daily ride since may montero na siya....so it would probably be his coding car and weekend ride
    i'm actually glad that subaru didn't change the engine of the STi, the wrx engine is a disappointment. let them fix the wrx engine first and when it's as great as the old wrx then that's the only time they should change the engine of the STi.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    wow na break ba niya record?....but that driver is so talented haha second nalang siguro factor sti...for him breaking the record

Quote Originally Posted by deafault View Post

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Pre-loved Porsche?

:naughty2:
    +1,000,000

pero between the two Mustang ako. nothing wrong with the Subaru though, just a matter or preference.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Is your friend tall? He may not fit comfortably in the mustang

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Is your friend tall? He may not fit comfortably in the mustang
    my uncle is 6'2 and fits perfectly fine in a mustang. american muscle cars are the biggest 2 doors available in the market right now. the mustang has better front leg room than an STi. if someone can't fit in a mustangs driver seat then he/she probably needs to lose weight.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast